Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2017, 06:03 PM   #1
tvp

2007 Holiday Rambler endeavour 40 SKQ

Hi RV guys , so I came across a DP 2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavour 40 SKQ
Has about 55,000 miles on it , .....what is this coach like to drive , maintenance,
Problems with that model , chassis, engine...etc or should I run in opposite direction , has roadmaster chassis and 400 Cummins ,Allison 3000 6 Speed tranny.

Thanks for all the help ✅
TVP
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2017, 04:44 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
This coach is similar to my Ambassador. We have the full wall slide (really does make it big inside) and a rear bath with bathtub. I spend a lot of time 'playing' with it (I love to tinker...) but for problems:

1. Front AC blew the start capacitor. No labor cost (my time) and $30 for the parts.
2. Alternator locked up (I suspect from the unit sitting for some time before we got it) and took out the belt as well. No labor, and $300 for parts.
3. I converted all lights to LED except for the decorative scones which I left as they are.
4. Passenger seat had a short that blew fuses. Removed, fixed wires. (no cost, labor only)
5. I have a hole in the exhaust pipe elbow where it goes from the muffler to the side of the rig. Not yet fixed...

Overall: I'm very happy. Runs well. Seems most comfortable on the highway at about 55-65 MPH. I don't cruise at more than 65 usually anyway so it doesn't matter.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Our 2006 Endeavor has a different floor plan than yours and about 10000 fewer miles. We've been making up for neglect by the previous owner. New roof, removed Sanicon system, replaced water pump, replaced rear A/C, replaced front and rear TVs, installed new storage tray, replaced toilet, catching up on chassis maintenance. Despite all the work it's very comfortable, both on the road and in camp. It mostly floats along at 65 (except for the dreaded expansion strips), with some sideways push from passing trucks. The cruise control works well and the engine has plenty of power. The electric slide outs are slow but work. Ours is rear radiator, which is difficult to get to and clean.
mike2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler