Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonfield View Post
Does anyone have the part number for the 2 quart oil filter for the 8.1
PH832 2 Qt Oil Filter Oemys

PF932F 2 Qt Oil Filter AC Delco

51794 2 Qt Oil Filter WIX

1794 2 Qt Oil Filter NAPA

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #16

Thanks everyone! All the help is most appreciated.

2006 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE 31'
pattieatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:25 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
I change my own oil, ive got it down to a science. I put 6inch blocks under the levelers raise it up, put jack stands under frame, lower it down for safety. drain oil change filter. Trying to put oil back in was hard, no room for bottle of oil without spilling. I got a 2 1/2 gal paint pressure pot at a swap meet. Put a ball valve, pressure gauge on, 6ft length of 1/4 oil resistant hose, use about 40lbs air pressure. put in required amount of oil. Put the hose in the fill pipe turn air valve on, sit back and wait until pot girgles. Start up check for leaks, lower down, check oil level top up if necessary.
jsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:52 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakethib View Post

Only issue I have come along in is refilling. I don't have enough space to refill my old with one of those gallon jugs and it is a PITA to try to do so with a funnel, so I just buy the quarts.
I have one of these for oil and transmission fluid, and one for anti-freeze!

http://www.harborfreight.com/multi-u...ump-66418.html

Still buy the oil in quarts, a little cheaper for Mobil-1 when Costco has it on sale!

H

hdossett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:48 PM   #19

I do my own, takes about 30 min. I grease the chassis while the oil is draining. On my Workhorse takes longer to put the oil back in than it does to drain it. And I use channel locks to take the filter off. And only hand tighten putting back on. And I do fill filter about full of oil before installing.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:33 PM   #20

This is my easy way of adding oil to the 8.1
What do you think?
ktoutoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:23 AM   #21

I bought an oil change system 6 or 7 years ago. No more draining oil under my vehicles, just remove the dipstick and stick the tube down it, turn on the 12v pump and pump the oil out into a container. Yes, I still have to go under to change the filter on some, but it is still a much quicker, easier and cleaner way to do an oil change.
Something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...EKFHT596EGFV8H
Old 01-19-2015, 07:32 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Regarding Youtube video.....

Looks like there is room enough to pour from a 1 quart container of oil directly into the engine oil fill tube. Your makeshift funnel is proof of that.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:37 AM   #23

Yes you will get most of the oil in that way but a good amount of oil will stay in the bottle.
Also if you use Mobileone oil the opening is twice the size of a normal quart bottle, and it wont begine to fit in the oil fill tube.
ktoutoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoutoor View Post
This is my easy way of adding oil to the 8.1
What do you think?
That's about what I use, but I cut the flat side, gives a bigger pour area. And let the top roll in so if you pour to fast it turns the oil back in.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:28 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
get a drain valve like a fram or stahlbus. Makes draining a simple, clean process.
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
check oemys-performance.com there is a list of those filters along with a gang of other parts for your needs
Dunnpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler