Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #1

Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
SC Camping

Hello all my new friends,
I would like to invite all of you that are camping in the great state of SC to vist the Calhoun Falls State Park on Lake Russell in Cal houn Falls SC. tHIS park has been rated as the number one state park in SC for the past 12 years. So if you are in the area check with them and make a reservation you will love the lake nice and clean and the best thing there is no houses built on the shore line so the lake is kind of selculed. If you ever have visted or plan on visting post a reply. Happy camping be safe and have fun. Thanks Willie .
WILLIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We love staying at Calhoun Falls State Park. Easy to ride bicycles and fish from shore. Very peaceful.
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #3

Is this an ad???? Getting free advertising???
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGuy1966 View Post
Is this an ad???? Getting free advertising???
No I was agreeing with the junior member! If it sounded offensive to you, then move on.
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #5

my my are we a bit testy????
Old 06-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #6

Carolina Campers
sc camping

No RVGUY1966 this is not an add. I was just trying to be nice by inviting you all to come and vist this great park. what better way to inform campers of different parks than to invite new friends on this site to stop in for a vist. If I offended you I am sorry . I just rerturned from a weeks stay at Mrytel Beach we pulled the camper down to Pirateland campground and did not have good internet connections because of thunderstroms.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:21 AM   #7

I don’t see anything at all wrong with plugging a campground/RV park you’ve stayed at and like.

Maybe the readers in the “RV camping forum” under “Camping locations & plans & trip reports” would have been more receptive to the OPs post.

FastEagle
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The use of the phrase "I would like to invite" Makes it sound like an ad, However reading the entire message it is clear the only business relationship the O/P has is GUEST and possibly tax payer. So it is not an AD. It is after all a State Park.

Sounds lovely, what part of S.C. is it in?

I usually stay in Upstate SC in the winter.. My campground list includes:

All winter: Carolina Landing in Fair Play 2 weeks out of 3.. I have a membership that lets me stay 2 out of 3 weeks in this park for a very low cost per month.

My week out,, Nov through Feb is spent at South Cove, an Oconee county park that is just flat lovely. I really like that park.

Come March 1 South Cove the cost goes UP! epically for folks who do not live in the county so I "QSY" (Move) to Twin Lakes Core of Engineers park.

I would recommend South Cove, Like most government parks I have been in you get Water, And electric 30 or 50 depending on site) a dump station and dumpster. only, One shower building in the winter. Lovely campground. Small but well layed out.

Twin Lakes is also nice, and again government hookup all 50/30/20 amp (Your choce all sites) And one shower building.

Carolina landing may have one or two shower buildings is older, mostly 30 amp (50 amp costs more) and sites tend to be less than level. Tight corners, steep hills and very nice members. It is open to the public.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:44 PM   #9

Carolina Campers
The Park is an Army CORP of Enigneers park and has 2 campgrounds. Each one has 2 bath houses that are kept very clean. they have water and power with 110 , 30 amp and I think 50 amp connections. Each campground has its own dump station. The campground is located south of Anderson SC in the town of Calhoun Falls SC. If coming from Georgia go through Eleberton on Highway 72 towards SC you will cross over Lake Russell and will be in the town of Calhoun Falls. Make a left at the intersection and travel about 1.5 miles and State Park is on the left.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #10

People, I was just ribbing a little. Relax. Were all here for the same reason, we love camping with our hotels on wheels....

Happy travels!
Old 07-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #11

Carolina Campers
Hey RVGUY1966, What state are you located in and what parks would you recommend? What kind of tt do you have ?
Old 07-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #12

Carolina Campers
Hello Sagamore, You stated in your post that you like to vist Calhoun Falls State Park. Are you from SC ?
Old 07-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #13

Well, I have an 2013 Crossroads Z-1. I pull it with a 2008 Trailblazer. I'm a little upset with my sink as its plastic and I just upgraded all the lights to L.E.D.'s which make a big difference on the battery drain and the A/C starting at night. I am installing the starting cap next week if time permits. My favorite park is FW WDW. I frickin LOVE that place!. Golf cart tag at night is the best. also peaking over the fence at old river country! The damn music is still playing from the speakers in there! Creepy!

Tags
camping