Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
We have an '08 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and love it. Just did a cross-country trip this year and only a few minor issues (including a pesky tree that was in the wrong place), but other than that all is well. Doing some repairs while we winter in FL.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #16

We have a 2000 HR Imperial DP with a side radiator 350 Cummins. Very well built, solid, smooth riding coach. Just came back from the Monaco factory in Coburg, OR where we had some minor issues fixed and the back cap resprayed. On the way back to Washington State we drove through some of the nastiest weather we had seen in a long time. Ice, snow, rain, you name it. The Imperial just slogged on through though it's pretty dirty right now as you can imagine.

All in all, just a real good motorhome.
Snowman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #17

Solo Rvers Club
I have a 98 Holiday Rambler 37WDS with the 5.9L Turbo Cummins Diesel engine. I have the upgraded 4 door refrigerator with ice maker, 7.5 KW Onan diesel generator plus other upgrades from the factory. I think it is beautiful inside and out. I am a fulltimer and am wintering down here in Florida while I make repairs from previous owner neglect. Otherwise I love it and think H/R makes a quality product.

William
westek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #18

Just bought a used 03 Vacationer Workhorse 6 mos ago. 43K miles. Had a few little things go wrong that the dealer took care of with no hassle. Put fresh rubber on it, oill change an an air filter initially and that's about it. Putting Koni FSD's on next week. It's been great so far. Use it about twice a month on extended weekend trips. Tows a 22' jet boat in 115 degree AZ heat with no problem. Gets my off road toys to the desert easilly. Have an appointment for the brake recall later this week. This is a great forum for learning the RV in's and out's.. Thanks to all.
duck660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #19

I have a 2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PDQ that I bought from Lazy Days. I have driven it a grand total of 210 miles from Lazy Days to Southern Georgia where I'm wintering. Just don't make the mistake of not checking to make sure the laundry doors are completely shut before opening the bedroom slide out. It knocked the slide out off the track and I had to use a crow bar to get it back. Fortunately all that happened was a very badly bent hinge which was easily repaired. I really love the room in this coach
Mike
Mtn.Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
just got back from another Great trip yo KY it was cold furnace workrd great lol drove through all that rain last night an back in fl now ! love our coach i do have one gfi going off when it rains though got to figure that one out ! oh and we averaged 9 to 10 mpg towing a liberty ! great Thanksgiving holiday !
Old 12-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
westek how much was that fridge ?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #22

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdave View Post
westek how much was that fridge ?
Hi Dave,
According to the Holiday Rambler "window sticker," it was an additional $1960.00. The Onan 7.5KW Diesel Generator was an additional $4324.00

Cheers,
William & Boo
westek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #23

GFI tripping

We have a lot of experience with GFI tripping, but on the drive gates, not the HR. I had the operators plugged into the weatherproof outlets. They are obviously not weatherproof when in use. I changed to the covers that seal when in use.

I would look for a missing seal gasket on the flip cover of an outside receptacle. Obviously easier for water to get in when driving.

Anything that will conduct a very small current from the U ground (neutral) connection or any metal to the hot (smaller blade or slot) will trip the GFI. It could be water getting in behind the cover plate and into the electrical box itself?

Good luck,

Jim

Quote:
just got back from another Great trip yo KY it was cold furnace workrd great lol drove through all that rain last night an back in fl now ! love our coach i do have one gfi going off when it rains though got to figure that one out ! oh and we averaged 9 to 10 mpg towing a liberty ! great Thanksgiving holiday !
JAMESRAYSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
the funny part is my gfi is in the bathroom up high but i t has to be a circuit thats tied to it all my boxes are under the basement or in the wall and the gfi only triggers once in a while last time i know it was raining hard out when i pulled over to sleep i hit the generator then i noticed the outlets weren't working ? thanks for all the input im sure we will find the culprit soon !
Old 12-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
03 imperial

We have a 2003 40ft. Imperial 400 isl cummings Love it proud to be its owner!!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #26

Gfi tripping

Yes, that is common to have a 20 amp GFI (Has one vertical ground blade slot and one T shaped slot for either 15 or 20 amp cord caps.

They are feed through and protect all the outlets down stream from them. In a motor home it might only be a 15 amp GFI. Ours is.

Sorry for the off thread posts.

Jim

Quote:
the funny part is my gfi is in the bathroom up high but i t has to be a circuit thats tied to it all my boxes are under the basement or in the wall and the gfi only triggers once in a while last time i know it was raining hard out when i pulled over to sleep i hit the generator then i noticed the outlets weren't working ? thanks for all the input im sure we will find the culprit soon !
JAMESRAYSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #27

Bought a 2001 HR Admiral 36' on a W22 gasser chassis almost 6 years ago. Still want with a cummins on a freightliner.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a 2005 Admiral SE 34SBD that was special ordered for the shows, so its kinda maxed out on the options. W22 chassis, and have had very little issues that were fix early on by the dealer. We love it, great quality and well made, but then we came from an HR 5er, so we were already spoiled.

We arent retired yet but have been diligently training every chance we get and think that we can transition into fulltiming without issue.....LOL.
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco