Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > Blogs > CountryFit
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  1. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

Looks great. I have some water damage so need to replace 1’X2’ of marine plywood. I’ve done a lot of research and decided to go with vinyl floating floor strips. Everything I’ve read says I can install it on top of the ceramic tile that is currently in place, this will be a huge time saving.
  2. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

Just saw your comment Locata.. Take time you will be amazed how it looks like afterwards. Have fun! :-)
  3. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

You have done an excellent job. I like the view down the kitchen and head area. Gives the coach a larger feeling. On my coach the base light oak is stained from years of washing etc. I plan to refinish about 2" from the floor up with stain etc.
    I am planning to leave carpet under couch and stair well and under driver/rider seats to set off the wood flooring or tile flooring. Haven't made up my mind yet. Carpet in the bedroom will stay. Carpet is in great shape but not in living area.
    As I see it the marble tile in the kitchen bath area has to go. It is quite possibly the ugliest tile I have ever seen. Has little marks in the tile that look like dirt stains.
    I have re-upholstered the two helm seats in real leather and it really made flooring look bad. Couch is next.
    Great job and thanks for the info. and pictures. Don
  4. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

Mainecoons - Take it, free .
  5. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

Wow, wonderful work. Love the dust control idea, that is useful also for projects involving plaster. I'm going to steal it!
  6. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

KTMJRV - That could be tricky. On my coach, the slide does not touch the floor, so it was easy for me. In your case, I would recommend you try it first. After removing the old laminate, lay either laminate or vinyl planks with 1/4" thinner/lower in the same area and move in and out the slide. Then you would know if the floor can be lowered by 1/4" in that area. Hopefully it'll work for you. Good luck!
  7. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

Tom - that sounds like a good plan!
  8. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

We replaced the floor in a 32' trailer with vinyl planks and it worked great. We are now doing the same project in our 40' pusher. The original laminate floor in the kitchen is raised 1/4" compared to the carpet. My concern are the rollers for the slide, since they are on the laminate. Do I need to keep the rollers at this height or will they adjust the 1/4" to the new floor height?
  9. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

Hi, great looking job. I've used glue-down vinyl planks over the plywood subfloor in the coach; it worked well. However, the front compartment has a metal floor under the driver & passenger seats. That area of the floor gets very warm because of the front engine. I've removed the old carpeting and plan to first glue down a layer of the heat barrier mat (about 3/8" thick), then a thin sheet of plywood to provide a hard, level surface on which to glue the vinyl tiles. Think this will work? Tom
  10. Old Comment

Replaced an RV Fridge with a Residential Unit

At the space behind the fridge, I capped two pipes with brass caps - propane and water. Nothing to worry about.
  11. Old Comment

Replaced an RV Fridge with a Residential Unit

I'm looking to do this conversion also. I am looking for fridge units that will fit in the hole. Did you have any other LP appliances that you had to worry about or you left LP in your unit and just changed the fridge?
  12. Old Comment

2750w Solar Panels, I Made It...

Thanks for visiting Ed! I am helping follow members on solar related info if I know, unfortunately I am retired and unable to provide physical assistance on install and set up. Regards.
  13. Old Comment

2750w Solar Panels, I Made It...

Hi Steve - Finally found your blog info. Do you help out other RV Forum Members? I'm not looking for a free hand out in any way and would help a much as I can, I just wanted to know?
    Ed Rairie
  14. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

Yep, it really helped.
    I used 2 good days to clean the grout.
    Updated 10-27-2018 at 04:49 AM by CountryFit
  15. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

Very nice. I really like the dust collection solution. How long did it take to clean the grout off the sub floor?
  16. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

Hi Lori, Yes drop your coach off any time I just need 2-3 weeks
  17. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

All I can say is WOW! That looks beautiful. You did a wonderful job.

When can I drop off my coach for new flooring?
  18. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

Vinyl flooring, as well as hard wood and laminate, tends to shift in RV application when RV is in motion. It must be affixed on to the subfloor so to prevent it from happening.

And, vinyl is subject to expansion and contraction when temperature changes. After click-locked together, the whole piece will expand and contract big. Gluing it down at center and letting the rest float will prevent the shifting, bulging and gapping between neighboring planks.

(I am aware that some people glued every piece of the planks... Well, it'll serve the purpose of preventing from shifting, bulging and gapping, but it will also make it very hard to repair or replace planks down the road. I wouldn't recommend it.)
    Updated 10-04-2018 at 09:45 AM by CountryFit
  19. Old Comment

Vinyl All the Way

Why did you choose to glue the center strips and float the rest?
  20. Old Comment
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by