Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > Blogs > pawpawboyce
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  1. Old Comment

piddling with my coach

Can anyone give me advice on changing the radiator on a 1989 HR Alumni lite? Thanks
  2. Old Comment

recalls and tires

Responding to an old post, but wanted others to get some good info!
    Just in Case!
    Some cracking is ok as long as they are not deep and connecting in longer lines say 8 or more inches. Here are some helpful links. Tire Replacement Guidelines - Goodyear RV
    https://www.michelinrvtires.com/asset...ireArticle.pdf
    My cracks where less than 1/32nd inch deep and the lines didn't connect to form past 6 inches. A friend who changed tires on highways examined mine and Ok'd them. I replaced them a year later anticipating lots of travel. My two inner rear tires where in good shape and I saved them as emergency front replacements. I recommend making sure your front tires are the safest and newest. Replace your rears but examine the inside and outside of your old tires
    for salvaging.
    Good luck.
    Updated 12-25-2012 at 04:47 PM by Gerheardtg (Original Post)
  3. Old Comment

motorhome blues

just went out and tried to start the mh and engine batteries are deader than they were last eveing!!!! Grrrrrrrr
  4. Old Comment

motorhome blues

My hubby and I seem to just dread when we are ready to take our 05 Itasca Meridian on an outing. He is not a mechanic of any kind so when something doesn't work the way it should, he gets so frustrated. We were going to go to the beach this weekend....now that is doubtful. Tried to start it last night and it failed to start even when we gave it a boost from the house batteries. We have 2 switches on the dashboard, one for the "main", the other for "auxilliary". We usually have both of these to off when the rv is not in use. Last night we turned both of those to on and the rv is plugged in and hoping that we must be doing something wrong. Batteries are all new!!! Will try to start it again today to see what happens. The house batteries appear to be fine! ANy thoughts??
  5. Old Comment

recalls and tires

Howdy pawpawboyce,
    I luv that grin!!! The Escapees swear by the DOT dates for changing tires.. We went to a Boot Camp and one of the instructors was an engineer who used to work for one of the major tire manufacturers... He said tires began to deteriorate WHEN THEY LEAVE THE MOLD!!!!!
    THATZ STUPID!!!! WHY SHOULD ANYTHING THAT MAY SIT FOR A LONG TIME BE CONSTRUCTED TO FAIL AT A GIVEN TIME!!!! YOU THINK ITZ $$$$$$$$ I'm glad I only have 6.
  6. Old Comment

recalls and tires

Before you have them installed, insist on seeing the tires before installation to check the date code. Sometimes tire dealers will allow a slow moving tire to sit on their shelves for years before they are sold. This may not be an issue for most car tires, but for RV's it's a huge issue, since the tires usually wear out by time before mileage.
  7. Old Comment

motorhome blues

Howdy pawpawboyce, or ppb,
    Roll on buddy!! You luck is about like mine; if it
    ain't one thing it's another, but it's still living the
    good life.. Man, Florida is just a place to spend $$$$
    Come to Texas and enjoy life with the Winter
    Texans; stay out of the big cities, less traffic,
    nicer people, BETTER BREATHING, lots of pretty views. ANYWHERE WEST OF I-35 Thank you,
    for the blessing and may your roads be smooth.

8. Old Comment

motorhome blues

Good for you!! I just joined the other day and ask a question about a problem we were having with our coach. It's nice to be able to talk to people who have experience with RVing.

Gottago
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by