Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > Blogs > DrivinMyHome
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Most people will wander through life noticing those around them, maybe smiling, and just carry on their way feeling no different. The bold will strike up a conversation with those whom they encounter, and possibly start toward a lifelong friendship. And so it goes with my blog.

Please... don't just glance and smile, Comment!!
  1. Old Comment

The Beginning (Part 2) - Getting the Trailer

Nice read on how the family came through the door of the House on wheels. "Driving your Home is a heartwarming read about hard times and finding a way to make it work. A leap of faith for the whole family. A story about a Family becoming RVers but focused on a house to make a HOME for everyone staying together. Enjoyed the read well-done sir.
  2. Old Comment

Fulltimers, fulltime?

We live in our 34' Flagstaff fulltime as well, and have for a year-and-a-half so far (including two winters). This was a senior citizens' affordability choice for us. Where else could we find a two bedroom home that we can relocate (we don't call it moving) to follow work and climate choices? We don't have a tow vehicle, so stay put unless/until we need to be somewhere else, then have a towing contractor do the (literally) heavy lifting. No truck expenses in our budget!
  3. Old Comment

The Beginning (Part 1) - Turning Ideas Into Reality

trying to find comments about best vehicles to flat tow. Any ideas? Thank you
  4. Old Comment

Just the Six of Us

Very much enjoyed reading your blog and about your family! I'm also in Tucson and it's so heartwarming to hear about your life and adventures! How's it going now? Your blog ended in 2011!! Would love to read an update about how you all are doing Mary
  5. Old Comment

Just the Six of Us

Very well written, I might add. Love the rings thing:) I, too, grew-up with the ideaology of getting out and staying out until it was dark. Loved it!!

Not enough time this morning to finish reading your blog posts, but will revisit soon.

Thanks for sharing! I can only imagine having to squeeze in time to write with your brood clammering for attention.

Take care, and God bless you guys.
  6. Old Comment

Just the Six of Us

Hello

Enjoyed reading about your family....I am one of 9 children, 4 boys, 5 girls..we all had the same parents, God bless their souls, and we all had plenty of love to go around! You and your wife are what the world needs more of, parents who spend time with their children and show them lots of love. My husband and I don't have any children of our own, but have lots of neices and nephew that we help to spoil Wishing you a Happy New Year...God Bless
  7. Old Comment

Just the Six of Us

The unexpected babies that arrive in our lives are often the most fun to have around
  8. Old Comment

Just the Six of Us

Dang and here I thought you were older than me . Yer well ahead of me in the family department though .
    Posted 12-20-2011 at 02:56 PM by RedneckExpress RedneckExpress is offline
  9. Old Comment

Fulltimers, fulltime?

Thanks guys for the encouragement!! We do aim to travel more, but the "fulltiming" date seems to be drifting away from us a bit. Got to get back on track with the basics again. I do feel that we are much closer now than when we had the house(and not just physically).
  10. Old Comment

Fulltimers, fulltime?

Great way to spend time with family and do what you have to do......making memories and enjoying life....what more can you ask for....have a great day!!
  11. Old Comment

Fulltimers, fulltime?

Great story about how you and family went from house stick and bricks to house wheels included. Back in '76 I was buying a house with my adopted brother and his wife and got transferred to another town 100 miles away. My solution was a TT, 22 feet long. That way I could keep my portion of the house and have a place to live while "away". Then my girlfriend at the time, now my wife of 34 years, decided to move the 100 miles to be with me in this little trailer. She brought all her stuff and two love birds in a cage that she put on the dining table! I kept her and lost the birds. She had too much stuff then and still does. Following your blog. Not for me though. I am too analog for such technology. Thanks again.

ronspradley
  12. Old Comment

A Part of the Neighborhood

I just find it to be an odd comment on our society today that young homeowners don't communicate well but the aged (like a fine wine) travelers we've met are quite social and caring. Maybe it says more about our old neighborhood!?!
  13. Old Comment

A Part of the Neighborhood

This is something that I've observed a few times over the years, though I don't know my neighbors as well as you do yours at that park (Most of the folks at the park I live at keep odd hours and tend to spend most of their time inside vs outside, I know the manager better than some of my other neighbors, I still only know a few by name).
    Posted 12-12-2011 at 04:45 PM by RedneckExpress RedneckExpress is offline
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by