Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > Blogs > TomAndPeg
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  1. Old Comment

An Original NewMar NewAire

We had an additional code logged on our trip to Florida. Called our service center with that code, and they determined that it was a communication problem between the ECU and the VP44 injector system. In our case, it was caused by the Ag Diesel Solutions 20300 performance chip (faulty harness). We de-installed the ADS system, and the code went away. Upon returning home, we shipped the harness to Ag Diesel Solutions, they replaced the faulty harness (lifetime warranty), and we've been code-free ever since.

While we use the ScanGauge mostly for realtime performance readings, when the ECU logs a trouble code, we want immediate access to that info, and so far that's exactly what we have gotten via our ScanGauge.
  2. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolchas11 View Comment
    Interesting post on Yellowstone. My first question is where did you stay? You recommend inside the park. Was it a campground?
    We stayed at the Green Creek Inn & RV Park, but would NOT recommend it. If you are looking for a place outside the park, keep on looking.
  3. Old Comment
  4. Old Comment

Yes,

The daily camping rates are typical of Florida State Parks - $20's per day, which is cheap for full hookups.

Nothing is really free, but there's always Walmart.
  5. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zonie911 View Comment
    I have been to Savannah, GA, many times and I have stayed, as a guest, at the Jeckyll Island Club Hotel.....
    There's no comparison...
    Agreed.
  6. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolchas11 View Comment
    Interesting post on Yellowstone. My first question is where did you stay? You recommend inside the park. Was it a campground?
    Sorry for the late reply. We were scheduled to stay at Canyon - no hookups, but nice.
  7. Old Comment

Is there any cost, or do you know of any free sites between Lafayette Tennessee and the Gulf of mexico?
  8. Old Comment

what a nice looking rig good luck with electric on/off
  9. Old Comment

I recently had an "event" with my rig and threw a code. I immediately called ScanGauge Tech Support, and they gave me a precise interpretation: ABS data out of range (too high).

Turned out I had a leaky oil hub that dripped on and shorted out my speed sensor and that made the ABS system go a little whacky.

Go figure!
  10. Old Comment

You're certainly welcome.
  11. Old Comment
  12. Old Comment

An Original Newmar NewAire

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 3casey View Comment
    My wife and I have been searching for one of these for a very long time. If anyone can provide any leads on one for sale, we would very much appreciate it. Either model, 2801 or 2802, would be fine.
    Thank You !!
    3casey:

I've added you to my Notify List when I see one hit the market. In the meantime, compare the 2801 and 2802 brochures. The coaches are quite different in how they're optioned, and it's good to be aware of the differences.
  13. Old Comment

14. Old Comment

An Original Newmar NewAire

My wife and I have been searching for one of these for a very long time. If anyone can provide any leads on one for sale, we would very much appreciate it. Either model, 2801 or 2802, would be fine.
    Thank You !!
  15. Old Comment

A wonderful read and the photos really brought your story to life and looked like a park we well soon be heading for, but I'm thinking next year as I put together a road trip plan, thanks for sharing your story.
  16. Old Comment

I installed a ScanGauge D about a month ago on my 2005 Kountry Star with a 330 HP ISC engine because I was getting an intermittent check engine light. None of the three codes that were stored are listed on the linked document. I have found other lists that do include one of the codes, and they do not agree, indicating entirely different issues. One of the lists was provided by ScanGauge. I have asked two Cummins repair shops, and both told me the generic codes on the ScanGauge are worthless - you need a code reader that uses (I suspect proprietary) Cummins software. Maybe someone has solved this issue with ScanGauge, but my experience so far is that, as a code reader, they are useless on Cummins engines.
  17. Old Comment

good info .... thanks
  18. Old Comment

We have an HWH leveling system on our coach, if that's what you were asking.
  19. Old Comment

Patti and Bob:

We usually hit Blue Beacon 3 or 4 times our year. Once per year we do a thorough DIY exterior cleaning with Aero Wash/Wax, which is an awesome product.
  20. Old Comment

Wow my husband and I were wondering where we could bathe our 25 foot mini lite Rockwood. Turns out we have a blue beacon 15 minutes from where we store it. Thanks for the info. Enjoy your travels

Patty and Bob
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by