Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > Blogs > Welcome To My Blog!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
After reading; please use the "Rate This Entry" link at the top of the page (stars) to score the Blog you just read.

I also would welcome very much the favor of a "Comment."

Thank you.
  1. Old Comment

Ford F-Series for 2011

Thanks for the post. I will be picking up my new Newmar Canyon Star 3411 on the F53 chassis on January the 11th. I wish I could have been with you on the day you took the pics. I would have loved to take some up close pics of the whole engine in case I ever had to work on it. Thanks for pics.
  2. Old Comment

Replacing a Vacuum Breaker Kit - Sealand Toilet

I just found my vacuum breaker leaking today. At first I thought it was leaking from the foot valve because the water dribbled down the hose and dripped under the foot lever. Looks like this will be one of my easier repairs. Just need to find a valve that has the spray wand fitting or DW will throw a fit!
  3. Old Comment

Newmar's Festive Display Greets Trade Show Attendees

Really appreciate you doing this. Great info for those of us who couldn't attend.
  4. Old Comment

Newmar's Festive Display Greets Trade Show Attendees

i need an exrta powerball ticket
    that is nice stuff
    brianj
  5. Old Comment

Bosch 51101-C Brake Caliper Recall - Done !

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rvrovers View Comment
    Just had my 51101-c done 12-6-10 in Yuma. Sure wish I had your luck and contacts. 2 front rotors (out of stock for rear) 4 sets pads $1240.00 $900 more to do 2 rear rotors when they arrive. Is this WRONG or what
    I don't know what the problem was in getting the rotors, both the front and rear rotors are the same. To completely rebuild your brakes, if you had chosen a "Select Service Center" it would have cost you $1499.00 out the door complete. This would have been, 4 calipers, 4 rotors, 4 set of pads, fluids, seals, labor AND taxes.
  6. Old Comment

Monaco RV Unveils Holiday Rambler Trip

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucemcdou View Comment
    Wonder what the MSRP will be? Right now their only competition for short wheelbase but higher-end Class A diesels is really the new Tiffin Breeze, right?
    According to the Vesta's webpage, the Vesta starts at $199,360.00.

According to the cover story in the latest FMCA magazine, the Tiffin Breeze is $149,800.00 MSRP
  7. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnRR View Comment
    I for one really dislike the nose design which bears a strong resemblance to an IHC truck ..
    Personally I like the nose art on the Trip more than the Vesta but that's just preference.
  8. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucemcdou View Comment
    Wonder what the MSRP will be? Right now their only competition for short wheelbase but higher-end Class A diesels is really the new Tiffin Breeze, right?
    There's one more Class A out there with a front engine MaxxForce7; the Serrano which is built on the Workhorse W20D.
  9. Old Comment

Thanks Driver for posting so much information and especially the great photos. As a fan of shorter motorhomes and a fan of Monaco I'm glad to see them putting as much thought and care into building really creative products in that size.

10. Old Comment

Thanks again Mike for the great report. Those MaxxForce engines look impressive to me.

Don
  11. Old Comment

I for one really dislike the nose design which bears a strong resemblance to an IHC truck
  12. Old Comment

Bosch 51101-C Brake Caliper Recall - Done !

Just had my 51101-c done 12-6-10 in Yuma. Sure wish I had your luck and contacts. 2 front rotors (out of stock for rear) 4 sets pads $1240.00 $900 more to do 2 rear rotors when they arrive. rear pads were still 90% inner 85% outer front 75% inner 40% outer. I question the need for rear rotors as I use brakes to stop and all other speed control is with gears. 40155 miles on "04" 32' Sea Breeze LX W22. I have old parts and Pix. Is this WRONG or what
  13. Old Comment

RV Towing with 2011 Diesel Pickup Trucks

Mike,

Please note that the 305 HP/610 lb-ft torque rating you cite for the 6.7L Cummins is the unique rating in chassis cab applications, as is the use of urea (DEF). The 6.7L Cummins in pickup applications is rated at 350 HP/650 lb-ft torque and does NOT use urea (DEF) but instead utilizes an EGR plus NOx adsorber approach.

The ratings, emissions strategies and even transmissions used differ between the chassis cab and pickups because of the difference in anticipated operating conditions (extended idling and PTO use for the chassis cabs), diesel fleet operations versus consumer use, etc.

Rusty
    Updated 12-06-2010 at 02:18 PM by RustyJC
  14. Old Comment

From the Press Room

DriVer;

I always marvel at your talent at writing and presenting these reports. They are well done and most interesting. Keep up the good work. I will be looking forward to more info.

Don
  15. Old Comment

From the Press Room

Yes be careful on road hope its dry for you.
    Great show pic's and commentary.
  16. Old Comment

From the Press Room

Wow, those mfr displays look even more impressive than what were at The Rally (Affinity Group) back last summer, & I thought those were good.

Safe travels home. Please take the snow with you!

Lori-
  17. Old Comment

Day Number 2 at The RV Trade Show

Good work Mike! Boy,you and your old friend Terry sure look like two peas in a pod.
  18. Old Comment

The 48th Annual RV Trade Show - Louisville, KY

Thanks for the update Mike reminds me of Tampa show last Jan. Be looking foward for more if I can stay off board long enough.
  19. Old Comment

isn't there a "page 2"? This one ended rather abruptly acrosss the aisle at the second park model. Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but I was looking forward to MORE....this is good stuff, almost like being there in person. Thanks, Mike!
    Ed
  20. Old Comment

Great report with great pictures Mike . Thanks for your report. I am anxious to read the next one.

Don
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by