Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2000 Itasca Suncruiser light switch in bedroom

Hi, bought my MH about 1 year ago. There is a wall plate with 2 switches in it on the same wall as the clock in the bedroom, just around the corner from the closet. The top switch operated the light over the bed. What is the bottom switch for? Is it for the 2 lights mounted on the wall over the head of the bed (those two lights operate intermitantly - I don't think the switch is for them but I don't see anything else it could be for)?

Thanks
Ralphie251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Patrick,
Check this Winnebago/Itasca Wiring Diagrams for the wiring diagram for your MH. Good luck.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much. Diagram shows it operated the rear courtesy lamp. Any one know which one would be considered the rear courtesy lamp?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

We have the same 2 switches on the bedroom wall of our Adventurer. One is for the bedroom ceiling light. The other is for a night light near the floor in the hall. It's the same style light that goes on by the inside stairs when the outdoor light is turnsd on. Our hall light is almost directly below the OnePlace energy managment panel at floor level.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much. I will look for a light at floor level some time this week - this has been driving me nuts.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I haven't checked your wiring diagrams, but typically that will be a three-way switch and you'll find another switch up front somewhere which will also control the same 'courtesy' foot lights.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:26 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
We have the same 2 switches on the bedroom wall of our Adventurer. One is for the bedroom ceiling light. The other is for a night light near the floor in the hall. It's the same style light that goes on by the inside stairs when the outdoor light is turnsd on. Our hall light is almost directly below the OnePlace energy managment panel at floor level.
the hall and stairwell lamp from winne is expensive, about $4. it looks like a buss fuse, about 1'' long. i found a lamp made by ge (de3022) that is brighter and lasts longer at freddy meyers for about $1.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks - good find on that brighter lamp. Now that I think of it, I remember that light sometimes being on and sometimes not. Must have been from me flipping the switch once in a while try to figure out what it operates - Kinda like Chevy Chases intermitent Christmas lights in Christmas Vacation.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphie251 View Post
Thank you very much. Diagram shows it operated the rear courtesy lamp. Any one know which one would be considered the rear courtesy lamp?
Look in the hallway, left side, in front of the bathroom door. There is a light fixture about 1-2" from the floor containing a small 'night light'.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Went to the MH last night and found it - thanks. Never thought of looking down because I thought it had to do with either the lights against the wall over the bed (which don't work consistantly), it was suppose to be an external switch for the closet light (which would be nice). Anyhow - thanks for all the help.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Oh yes. And while I was there I figured out that the courtesy light at the outside door works with the outside light. Thanks for all your help but as far as my wife is concerned - I figured it out. She'll never let me live it down if she knew I had to go to a RV forum to find out what a light switch operates - Actually, I can beleive I had to.