Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2020, 08:11 PM   #15

OH YEA IT COULDN'T BE THE DEALER-THAT SAID THE MH WAS WINTERIZED -WONDER THEN WHY WHEN I STARTED GETTING READY TO FLUSH THE ANTIFREEZE OUT I NOTICED THE BLACK VALVE LEAKING, SO I GO TO DUMP AND LOTS OF POOP AND NO PINK STUFF HOW CAN YOU RUN ANTIFREEZE INTO THE SYSTEM AND NOT GET ANY PINK STUFF IN THERE--ASKED IF BIG AWNING IS OK AND THEY SAID THEY OPENED IT AND IT WAS FINE-NO WAY AWNING IS AN ALEKO WITH REMOTE, NO REMOTE AND 12 VOLT WIRES CUT AND TAPED- STUFF LIKE WATER LEAKS ARE NONE--MOTOR RUNS FINE 42K MILES-TIRES ARE NOT QUITE A YR OLD BY THE DATES ON TIRE ,NOT THEIR WORD--so we are happy but why not be more truthful and say the awning is broke & the black water leaks, pump don't shut off the way it should-We would of probably bought it anyhow because of the pristine condition of most of it-I will now get off the podium TKS Rich
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2020, 01:54 PM   #16

Water Pump Problems

2001 Winney 35U-Ok when I got MH found out pump doesn't stop after valves are all closed , called customer service they said wrong pump-Bought a new SureFlo pump and installed it started it and no water pressure-dbl checked polarity, ck OK-Disconnected the suction side and put hose in pail of water and she worked fine- seems like for some reason water from water tank is not flowing to pump - I assume when I unhook the suction side of pump the hose should be full of water but it is not--I opened the low point drain by pump and blew air to the tank and it bubbled but water still didn't flow to pump-ANY IDEAS I am out of ideas-THKS RICH
Old 04-10-2020, 02:00 PM   #17

Check valve stuck,plugged and or hose collapsed to FW tank.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:04 PM   #18

You mention that when you put the suction side of tubing into a pail of water it pumped ok. Test again and run it for 2 minutes to verify it pumps water out of a tap for that amount of time without trouble.

Water in the fresh water tank does not flow into the pump, it’s the pump’s job to pull water into it. It might be possible that the suction side hose for the pump is not positioned deep enough into the fresh water tank.
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:55 PM   #19
US1

Is the winterizing valve at the tank set for normal usage? If that valve is set to the winterize position, the pump will not pull water from the tank. That would explain both conditions of the old and new pumps.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:40 AM   #20

X2 with US1 that was my thoughts.
be-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 03:21 PM   #21

PROBLEM SOLVED-2 DAYS SCREWING AROUND ON SOMEBODY ELSE'S STUPIDITY--First wrong was a agriculture pump replaced with shuflo=
second wrong-- plumbed backwards-Noticed as pump ran we heard bubbles in water tank-reversed lines but didn't fit very good- but no more bubbles in water tank
third wrong-- valve on water inlet has to be on city water (why I have no idea)
4th wrong-- was pump never stopped running,sprayed windex on suction fittings an there was another problem
New pump,water hoses and fittings, and mounted more securely with neater wiring --ALLS GOOD!!! WORKS WITH GOOD PRESSURE AND MOTOR STOPS THE WAY IT SHOULD--YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!___RICH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4326.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	281197   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4327.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	281198  

Old 04-12-2020, 08:15 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
When the water is set on city water the water from the hose (and the pump) is directed into the house system. When the valve is set on tank fill the hose (and by default the pump) are set to fill the tank. The pump is able to suction water from the tank and cycles on trying to fill the tank.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:23 AM   #23

Thanks Gordon I got everything working like it should but did not understand some of what was happening--other thing was I had 3 problems that all together drove me crazy for couple days ,all better and thank you Rich

Tags
ems, problem, problems, water, water pump