Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2021, 05:36 AM   #1

Exclamation 2003 35U F53 Dash A/C questions

I'm not sure if this should be here or under the F53 sections but think here will get my answer. So i've researched a ton and found alot of info on the dash AC. Last summer I replaced my compressor found vacuum lines under the engine rotted away and got everything working. Sorta. This weekend we took a short trip to NC and the AC will switch to dash vents but the defrost will never shut off, basically limiting the air on the dash. I can switch to floor and get same thing, defrost is always on. IF I manually pull the lever under the dash on the defrost all other modules do what they are supposed to do. IS it just the defrost module is bad ? I also noticed the defroster has 2 vacuum lines running to it unlike all the others. I was temped to wire tie the lever closed but was afraid of needing defrost.

Does anyone know the Part number for that module if it is bad ?

I did pull both vacume lines off and it doesn't change state either. I can feel a spring holding it open so is it possible i dont have enough vacum to open the valve ? As said floor and dash modules both work when i change selector around.
kb2ztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2021, 10:12 PM   #2

I would first search for a leaking vacuum line somewhere. On second thought, it's a 8 yr. old MH, replace all vacuum lines one at a time so you don't miss anything.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 04:18 AM   #3

Ive already replaced every line I can see other than the ones going to the back of the control panel. I ordered a vacuum tester yesterday. I'll put vacuum directly on the unit. I think the module is dead but still trying to find anyone that has them.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:19 AM   #4

So the module is definitely the issue. Been all over google and other places but can't find the part.

103930-33-701 EA MOTOR - VACUUM, 3 STAGE 030-0105

Anyone have an idea who actually makes it ?
Old 06-14-2021, 07:37 AM   #5

Did you try to google "evans tempcon"? They were the ones that most likely built the unit for your coach. It sounds like you have a leak in the vacuum system somewhere. I had a similar situation and it ended to be a bad hose although you say you have replaced them. Test each hose with a vacuum pump tester.

What is the part you are calling a module?
David 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:38 PM   #6

I've tested everything. ITs the vacuum valve I guess. Book shows it as a motor, but anyway. Vacuum pump hooked directly to the unit and it will not work. Never open regardless of the vacuum I pull. I even moved lines from this one to the other "valve" and that one opened right away. I guess at this point I'll just wire tie the valve open. Ive sent emails to a few Winnie parts places.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:03 PM   #7

https://comfortairgr.com/rv-hvac-downloads/
Check out this website. They have parts for Evans Tempcon and Victory HVAC units. Most likely yours was made by one of these companies. Do you have the build sheet? It will tell what model you have.

https://newpar.newmarcorp.com/instan...EQUILTRAIN.pdf

This website has a lot of trouble shooting info in it. The defrost motor has two inlets and I am not sure if they both vacuum to operate?
This whole deal can make an old man cry trying to get it to work and of course they are both out of business.
Goog Luck
Dave
David 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:11 PM   #8

When I google 103930-33-701 I see lots of hits in various Winnebago parts lists. Looking at those, some show it's a Victory 030-0105.

Googling that finds nothing. However, if you look for 030-00105 (with an extra 0) you get plenty of hits for a 3 port servo/actuator. I'd say there's a good chance that's it.

Here's one link for it. (That's quite a bit cheaper than others.)

Does that LOOK like yours?

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:35 AM   #9

Thanks !

I knew the part was victory and when I google the Winni part # I get tons of hits but no were to purchase it.

The one you found appears to be the one. I'll do a bit more looking but probably get that on order.
Old 06-19-2021, 01:45 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ok your year is the same as mine and I had this issue when I first got it. If you look on the passenger side at the bottom front of the frame you will see one big accumulator that has about a 7/16 or 1/2 inch line on it. If you touch it will turn to mush. That was my issue on this.
Old 06-20-2021, 04:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
Ok your year is the same as mine and I had this issue when I first got it. If you look on the passenger side at the bottom front of the frame you will see one big accumulator that has about a 7/16 or 1/2 inch line on it. If you touch it will turn to mush. That was my issue on this.
Yup replaced that last fall. Mine was not even connected.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:41 PM   #12

F53 A/C Vents

I had a 2002 Newmar Dutch Star on a Ford F53 chassis. It had the same problem from the day I bought it. When going up a long grade, the accumulator would run out of vacuum and the air flow would switch to the defrost vents. This is by design should vacuum pressure be lost.
There is a service bulletin that was followed by a local Ford dealer that installed a larger accumulator. This helped to some degree, but ultimately the vacuum would go to zero and the air would switch to the defrost vents. If I let up off the accelerator for a little bit, the air would return to the normal dash vents.

The fix that I never tried would be a separate vacuum pump or possibly a check valve in the system.
Millpaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:48 PM   #13

https://www.proairllc.com/design-eng...empcon-guides/
Old 06-21-2021, 06:31 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ok I had I think a blue line in the engine compartment that age got to it. It goes through the fire wall and I cut that part out and use black vacuum line that slide over it. The default is defrost mode if no vacuum. I bought a cheap vacuum checkered and found this leak. If you look at it it looks fine but under vacuum big leak.

Tags
dash, f53