Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2022, 10:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelledan View Post
I would say that yes, red is hot and blue is cold. Not sure about what white would mean. I would start by pressurizing the system as I stated, then listen to the strength of the leak, and have an assistant open the kitchen sink COLD water. Did you hear a decrease in the leak's strength on the outside? If not, close the cold and do the same with the hot. At least this will tell you which line has the problem. What is directly above your water compartment inside the coach? Is there a cabinet or a drawer chest? If a drawer chest, remove the bottom drawer and you may see the lines below it.

Dan
Dan the bedroom slide is directly above the compartment. I do not no if your's is the same but the lines go up and inwards toward the middle of the chassis then go into a subfloor compartment between the bottom of the MH floor and the outside of the underbelly of the chassis. Then of course they come up thru the floor to toilet, and sink,etc. So I do not know how a damaged line could be located and repaired short of cutting thru the floor! I have not tried yet but will try your pressure method and will let you know once I do.
Bborm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2022, 03:09 PM   #16

I looked at your floor plan and it is very similar to mine. My water compartment is directly below my slide as well. I see the location of the bedroom wardrobe chest of drawers in your floor plan which is where mine is too. Remove the lower drawer on that chest and you will see the water lines coming up from the water compartment, and from there they go to the vanity. Once you locate the problem, the easiest way to run a new line is to disconnect it from its source and connect a length of new line to the old. Then begin pulling the line from under the vanity until you get the new line to that location. Then connect to the vanity and cut to length when you reconnect to the source.

Dan
Old 10-13-2022, 09:07 AM   #17

Quote:
I looked at your floor plan and it is very similar to mine. My water compartment is directly below my slide as well. I see the location of the bedroom wardrobe chest of drawers in your floor plan which is where mine is too. Remove the lower drawer on that chest and you will see the water lines coming up from the water compartment, and from there they go to the vanity. Once you locate the problem, the easiest way to run a new line is to disconnect it from its source and connect a length of new line to the old. Then begin pulling the line from under the vanity until you get the new line to that location. Then connect to the vanity and cut to length when you reconnect to the source.

Dan
Hi Dan,
I will take a look this afternoon. Thank you for taking the time assiting me with this problem! Regards,
Barry
Old 10-13-2022, 07:43 PM   #18

Quote:

Dan
Hi Dan, I did look at slide out and as I expected it is fully enclosed compartment. Just carpet and floor of slide under the drawers. Also can not see any length of water lines when removing engine compartment under bed. Thanks for the effort!
Old 10-14-2022, 06:03 PM   #19

Barry, I was looking at the wrong floor plan. Just outside your bedroom I see you have a louvered cabinet with a lower drawer beneath. Pull out that drawer and see if the lines are visible below it.

Dan
Old 10-16-2022, 09:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Barry, I was looking at the wrong floor plan. Just outside your bedroom I see you have a louvered cabinet with a lower drawer beneath. Pull out that drawer and see if the lines are visible below it.

Dan
Hi Dan,
Yes already checked and that has only elec wiring there. There is outside as part of the slide structure a small removable cover which I think correlates with where the water lines and electrical enter the kitchen area just infront of the front toilet wall which I will check. Thanks, Barry

Tags
cat, journey, leak, location, water