Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2017, 07:23 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
2003 Winnebago adventure slide not working

My slides will not move ..tried all switches.. called Good Sam..sent a rip off artist that could not find fuse box and charged over $200. Manual says fuse under dash by firewall. Can not locate. Slides are out about 10 inces..so can not drive. It is in my yard.. help.
Frances Mill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2017, 07:30 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Make sure your parking brake is on. It may be the switch on the parking brake.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:43 AM   #3

Do your jacks go up or down? If so, motor should be good.

There should be 3 in-line blade fuses in weather proof covers (2-20amp for slides and 1-40 amp for jacks) near the pump and solenoids. I would check them.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:57 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If your jacks don't work either, the fuse for the hydraulic motor may be bad. It is underneath and behind the hydraulic motor which is located just behind the grill.

When mine blew, it took out the fuse holder which was kind of dramatic.

If it is not the fuse, the problems get bigger.

2007 Forest River Lexington Ford E450 Chassis
bruceh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Your coach is just one year older than mine and I suspect we have the same HWH system. I just uploaded the the HWH Slide Service Manual to my website so that you can download it HERE:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...mVhZjYwMDM2NzM
There is a troubleshooting section that will guide you based on what symptoms you have.
The slides will not move if the control circuit does not see a ground signal from the Parking Brake activated. I had a broken wire that would not let the slides operate.

Good luck,
Bill
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, vent, winnebago