Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2004 Journey

When i fill my tank up to use.I have water every where but my shower?When i cut my pump off u can here air coming out of the shower head.Every once a drip or two of water comes out.Dont understand.Any info? I have a 2004 journey. THanks
sewerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerdog View Post
When i fill my tank up to use.I have water every where but my shower?When i cut my pump off u can here air coming out of the shower head.Every once a drip or two of water comes out.Dont understand.Any info? I have a 2004 journey. THanks
I have a 2004 Journey ... I don't completely understand the problem that you are describing.
  1. You fill your fresh water tank and disconnect the city water supply
  2. You turn ON your onboard water pump
  3. Water flows from all the faucets except the shower
  4. When you turn OFF the onboard water pump you can hear air coming from the shower head
  5. Occasionally a drop of water comes from the shower head
When you are hooked up to "city water" does your shower work correctly?

Was the coach winterized? Is this happening right after you de-winterized?
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Yeah
I too was a bit perplexed on his issue and or, the way he described it. Now, as I recall, there's basically (4) water outlets INSIDE a coach and, one (possibly) on the outside.

1. Shower
2. Kitchen sink
3. Bathroom sink
4. Toilet

1. Outside shower/wash station.

So, with the pump on, in normal operations, all outlets should flow. But, according to the way I understand the OPs post, if he shut's down the pump, is THEN that he can hear air coming from the shower, huh? So, at this time, you are saying that you DO NOT have any flow from your shower head, with the pump on? Filling the fresh water tank "should" have nothing to do with anything other than, if it was too low for the pump to pick any water up.

If the shower is not flowing any water with the pump, yep, something's amiss with the plumbing or valve that controls that shower. Hmmmm.

Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Does the shower itself have a shut-off? Like you would use to save water while showering...
Old 05-22-2016, 05:38 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

when i fill the tank up with city water,turn the pump on turn on the water at each sink and toilet then shower there is no water.where is the valve for the shower?Iam going to hook it straight up to city water today and see if the shower works. THanks
Old 05-22-2016, 06:14 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I just hooked up to city water.THERE is water coming out of the panel where u hook up the hose for city water?Do i have to take that hole box off to see what is behind it?Sorry if u cant understand what i am talking about.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

It is called plumping manifold that i need to take apart.Any info? THanks alot!!
Old 05-22-2016, 08:55 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Perhaps the kitchen, bathroom and toilet faucets are turned to cold water and the shower is turned to hot water. If that is the case then the air from the shower is air from the hot water tank while the hot water tank is being filled.
bsamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:07 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Have you tried removing the shower head itself? Unscrew the head and try it, it could be plugged up if there's a screen.
Gilleshps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:25 AM   #10

Is this a new occurrence or is the rig new to you?

I panicked on mine as I couldn't get any water from the shower when de-winterizing. Turns out, that shower will completely stop if anything else is drawing water, such as toilet, sink, doesn't matter. Not great news for the person in the shower.

On mine, it doesn't matter if it is pump or city water or even both.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

It worked fine last time i used the shower.It is a new occurence.Water is coming out of the plumping manifold when i dont try nothing but the shower. THanks
Old 05-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerdog View Post
It worked fine last time i used the shower.It is a new occurence.Water is coming out of the plumping manifold when i dont try nothing but the shower. THanks

Well, I personnally am still just a tiny bit confused. As another poster stated, you should get water from ANY fawcett, cold or hot, (as long as the water heater has been operating long enough to produce hot water) whether using City Water or, 12V pump.

But, you're stating that water flows from all fawcett's with the exception of the shower. But, you're also stating that you have water flowing from a manifold, IF the shower is activated? Huh? IF you have a manifold that, disperses water in multiple directions and pipes, and that manifold is completely away from that shower valve, and that manifold is leaking, it should leak whether or not you're using ANY FAWCETT, not just trying to activate the shower.

A leak is a leak, especially in a manifold where there is not control valves for said manifold. Now, most 12V water pumps have a limited amount of GPM so, trying to flow every single fawcett and, the toilet and, the shower, is pretty much taxing most RV water pumps. Most of the time, running two fawcett's at one time is about max, three and, you see a fairly diminished flow on all of them, four and, it more than likely will revert to a trickle from all four. Just guessing here.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:04 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

sewerdog, just my chance are the drain valves in the back of the wet bay open?
Where is the plumping manifold leaking can you get a mirror and look up behind the front panel?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:11 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

I took the panel off the wet bay and i found that one of the water line fittings was broke and i took a clamp and fixed it.I couldnot see good so i felted with my hands and that took care of the problem. THanks
Old 05-22-2016, 09:29 PM   #15

What's a wet bay?
Old 05-23-2016, 07:45 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

Atom Ant, the compartment where you connect the city water hose and sewer hose is sometimes referred to as the wet bay.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:14 PM   #17

Ah, thanks. I guess I have some new terms to learn coming from a fifth wheel.

Tags
journey