Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2023, 07:48 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2004 Vectra 40KD microwave issue

Hello,
Today the microwave stopped working, first thought was it was a breaker, or a GFI trip, checked that, all is OK. Unplugged the microwave, and ran an extension cord from another outlet, microwave works just fine, so no power to receptacle in the upper cabinet. I looked at the wiring diagram, and apparently there are two GFI's, one I located in the galley kitchen area, but I am unable to find the other one. Everything else works electrically, could it be by chance a faulty breaker?
Any info/help would b greatly appreciated, we are wintering in Victoria, and a convection/microwave is essential.
Cheers!
Vectra 2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2023, 07:55 PM   #2

look everywhere...under counters, in cabinets, in exterior storage bays. we found a GFI circuit in one of our exterior bays. we had another non-gfi outlet behind the sofa. you had to kneel on the sofa and look over the top to see it.
Old 01-03-2023, 08:38 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
look everywhere...under counters, in cabinets, in exterior storage bays. we found a GFI circuit in one of our exterior bays. we had another non-gfi outlet behind the sofa. you had to kneel on the sofa and look over the top to see it.
Thank you, I will start the hunt tomorrow
Cheers!
Old 01-03-2023, 08:40 PM   #4

Microwaves are on independent circuits and not GFCI protected.

Check the wiring behind the outlet after switching off the microwave circuit breaker.

Sent from my SM-A025V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 10:04 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you, I did notice the breaker had a burnt smell, it’s a double 15amp style, could one side be faulty? I do not have my voltmeter here with me, my mistake to not bring along some tools.
I checked the receptacle for the microwave, located in the upper cabinet, but did not notice any wiring breaks or burning, so I think I will try a new breaker tomorrow
Cheers!
Old 01-04-2023, 08:03 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just fyi, the Body, 110 Volt Wiring Diagram for your coach indicates one GFCI is in the Bath and the other is on the Fridge Cabinet. The Body, 110 Volt Wiring Installation diagram shows where those are physically located. It's not clear what sort of access there is to the fridge GFCI.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 11:39 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You have two GFIs on the coach. Each essentially handles one side... the one on the back shelf in the kitchen is for the passenger-side outlets, and the one at the base of the fridge cabinet on the front side is for the driver's side outlets. NEITHER one affects the outlet for the microwave.

Go with your gut... replace that breaker.

(Verified on my RV... same make/model/year as yours.)
emiddleb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:29 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Found issue

Did some more testing, got a voltage tester, and checked the microwave outlet, no power, then I took the bottom drawer out, and found the microwave wire, and there was power there. So, next step is to take out the MV, and trace the wire from there to the bottom cabinet, my guess is I should just replace the wire, fish another one in place.
Thank you all so much for the advice, it’s great to have such a forum as this, and such quick responses too!
Stay safe,
Cheers!

Tags
microwave, vectra