Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2004 Vectra Electrical Bin wire with plug, what is it?

I have a 2004 Vectra and in the Electrical Bin there is a wire with a male plug. What is it for? Can't find it in any of my manuals. Here is a photo of it in the Electrical Storage Bin......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plug in elec bin.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	426.8 KB
ID:	13378  

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is the block heater for the engine. Plug it into the outlet, there is a swith on the all in one panel to switch it on and off.

Or leave it unpluged and head south before the snow flies.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #3

From what I have seen in other Winnebago's, this is the engine block heater plug.

There is usually a switch on some interior control panel for the engine heater. Your manual should identify it for you.

On my current and former coaches, the switch has no indicator light to show it is switched on, so I always kept mine un-plugged in the compartment, unless I was planning on using it. (I would expect it could use a lot of power when in use)
Old 08-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
aaaAAHHHH! I saw that in the manual and on the oneplace panel. I hope to NEVER use it. hate cold weather.

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical