Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2023, 10:27 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
2004 Winnebago 34ft roof cap

I have the damnest luck! Didnt go to florida stayed home dropped the insurance for a couple months and the freaking wind ripped one new motorhome cover to treads and damn if it didnt tare my roof up and rip a piece 4by4 ripped off and now have to have hole roof cap put on and u all know the kicker!! the home owners insurance said they dont cover my motorhome and just took the other off and didnt even think that the home owners wouldnt cover! How much is a fiber glass roof cost? I need some help to get out of here! Thanks
sewerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2023, 12:32 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I was told 10,000 to15,000 damn that worse than my house and its 18,000square foot!
sewerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:39 PM   #3

Yup, that's like my 1932 Chevrolet, I don't carry insurance because I never drive it on the road. Then my homeowners insurance said they do not cover vehicles regardless of where they are garaged. Now I've gotta buy antique auto insurance.$$$$$
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 07:40 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Could you take a pic and show us?
jabassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 04:25 PM   #5

I lost the front of my 2005 Sightseer roof from a wind gust while traveling down the highway. It slipped from under the cap, folded back against the AC, then broke off. It cost approximately $9k to replace. Progressive refused to pay, saying it was my fault due to poor maintenance. Well, the small claims court I took them to disagreed, and they had to pay for the entire repair. I proved the roof was in good repair, with new caulking, etc. PS: I cancelled them shortly thereafter and now have National General through Good Sam.
gregoryd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 11:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerdog View Post
I have the damnest luck! Didnt go to florida stayed home dropped the insurance for a couple months and the freaking wind ripped one new motorhome cover to treads and damn if it didnt tare my roof up and rip a piece 4by4 ripped off and now have to have hole roof cap put on and u all know the kicker!! the home owners insurance said they dont cover my motorhome and just took the other off and didnt even think that the home owners wouldnt cover! How much is a fiber glass roof cost? I need some help to get out of here! Thanks
I have 2004 Adventurer 39R. Wind ripped my roof up from both sides and the entire thing needed replacement..it was just under $15,000. canadian dollars..luckily I had insurance..sorry about your bad luck..
Odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 12:09 PM   #7

Hi, I have a 2003 32 ft. Winnie Journey and just had my fiberglass roof resealed. I didn't realize this was a maintenance issue until my last MH, a 2008 Winnie Destination had the right rear of the roof pop up on my way home from a trip out west. Got that repaired OK. I discovered that even though a lot of us aren't aware, Winnebago has recommended inspection intervals for the roof sealant and states (somewhere) how often the sealant should be removed and replaced. I guess I figured that the roof was held on by some type of fasteners and then sealed, but nope. So I was wanting to get the 03 Journey inspected and resealed to prevent that happening again. Good thing is that I have an RV place here that knew what needed to be done and did it for a reasonable cost. I think it was a few hundred bucks. I also had the rear bumper or lower fascia, whatever it's called come off on a trip last summer. Turns out that other than some sheet metal screws on each end, it is held on with some kind of sealant/epoxy. Getting it reattached at a body shop next week. Luckily no damage was done, we caught it in time.

Tags
winnebago, roof