Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2021, 02:09 AM   #1

2005 Winnebago Adventurer Level/slides not working

I'm am trying to figure out why my slides and jacks are not working. I have had three Techs try to figure out why with no success. I have replaced the circuit board and the jack control panel from HWH. One tech was able to get the slides in by crossing/shorting the pump solenoids so I know the pump works. The last tech called me today and stated the system is not recognizing it's in park. The main starting battery needs replaced I know. I have resulted to charging it before starting. Could this be the culprit? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
matt.hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2021, 03:52 AM   #2

I’m thinking you need to find the wiring diagrams for the coach and quit guessing (assuming you know ho to read and use a wiring diagram. But having it for others to review would be helpful - in particular the pages that show the slide-out and HWH wiring.

From what I’ve seen, Winnebago does a good job of documenting their coaches on their website.

Just a thought - for the slides, make sure all your basement doors are closed and that the door switches are being held open properly. For some coaches the slide-outs are interlocked through the ignition - key has to be off (coach batteries need to be good for slides to work).

For the jacks, make sure you have plenty of
MrMark52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:35 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you go here 2005 Winnebago System Diagrams you should find the HWH hydraulic and electrical diagrams for your coach, in case that helps.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 10:31 AM   #4

Thank you I'll start looking on the HWH site as you suggested.
matt.hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 11:25 AM   #5

parking brake engaged? and if you think it is press the foot pedal down a little farther.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:28 PM   #6

There is a parking brake switch located on the arm of the parking brake pedal a little ways above the pad. On our 2005 Adventurer 33v there is a thin blue wire attached to it. When engaged his switch tells the HWH system that jacks and slides can go out. Make sure there is a good connection by the wire to the switch. We had this problem and replaced the switch with:

Parking brake switch 1S3606 (SW3896) from rockauto.com
Old 08-02-2021, 04:07 PM   #7

There might be a diode hidden in the wire bundle between the control and the floor. It should be shown on the schematic. Mine burned out and shut down the system.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:18 PM   #8

Hi Everyone,
My 2005 just started doing this. We were camping, jacks worked fine, slides went out fine everything was well until we went to leave the site.

The smaller bedroom slide went in albeit slowly, the kitchen pretty much the same. The living room would not budge. I had to go through the manual steps to crank it in by hand. (What a job that is) The jacks retracted just fine, but I figure the springs took care of that.

Further investigation showed my fluid level in the tank was VERY low. No major leaks anywhere to be found but some minor weeping at connectors etc. I filled the tank with the correct fluid, but now only the bedroom and kitchen slides work. The jacks go down, but will not lift the RV. No joy with the living room.

My question is this, it is possible that I have air in some of the lines which seems to make the most sense to me seeing how the system is designed? I've looked to see if there is a method to bleed the system but can't seem to find it anywhere. Does this have to be done, or will the air eventually work it's way out of the system?

Thanks for any feedback!
Bob_32725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_32725 View Post
Hi Everyone,
My 2005 just started doing this. We were camping, jacks worked fine, slides went out fine everything was well until we went to leave the site.

The smaller bedroom slide went in albeit slowly, the kitchen pretty much the same. The living room would not budge. I had to go through the manual steps to crank it in by hand. (What a job that is) The jacks retracted just fine, but I figure the springs took care of that.

Further investigation showed my fluid level in the tank was VERY low. No major leaks anywhere to be found but some minor weeping at connectors etc. I filled the tank with the correct fluid, but now only the bedroom and kitchen slides work. The jacks go down, but will not lift the RV. No joy with the living room.

My question is this, it is possible that I have air in some of the lines which seems to make the most sense to me seeing how the system is designed? I've looked to see if there is a method to bleed the system but can't seem to find it anywhere. Does this have to be done, or will the air eventually work it's way out of the system?

Thanks for any feedback!
Hey Bob -

Always better to start a new thread if your not dealing with the same issue - it confuses the answers.

But you’ve very likely hit the head of the nail - there is very likely a bleed procedure for your system - normally it requires topping off the reservoir, then fully extending all cylinders, then rechecking the fluid levels. If/when cylinders fail to extend, recheck fluid level.
When all cylinders fully extend, recheck fluid level. If you can get them to fully extend, then to retract and start over until you either find a leak or you no longer need to add fluid.
When you reach a point where all cylinders extend and retract as required, your done.
If the cylinders get to a point where any of them don’t fully extend and no more fluid can be added - it’s time to figure out if there is a bad solenoid valve or something is plugged up.
MrMark52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:36 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
matt.hardin and Bob 32725 you both should contact Paul Maddox (aka azpete) regarding your problems.

Paul works for HWH and is a valuable contributer on this forum. You can search for him on the space above.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:41 AM   #11

Thanks for the response guys. It's appreciated! I'll try contacting Paul as suggested.
Bob_32725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:50 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_32725 View Post
Thanks for the response guys. It's appreciated! I'll try contacting Paul as suggested.
Just fyi, I believe that Paul's had some health issues recently, so he may not be as responsive as he usually is.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 07:34 AM   #13

As said few items to check.

Definitely a good battery and/or vehicle running as the pump runs off the engine battery.

Emergency brake on and controller showing it. Unless it sees the brake signal the pump and controller wont engage at all.
kb2ztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:31 AM   #14
Commercial Member

first thing to check is the two bolts under the mounting bracket. these bolts hold the pump assembly to the bracket. they are also the main ground to the hwh system.
always run the engine when leveling if you suspect your batteries are low. marginal batteries can burn out control boxes, 12 volt relays, and pump motors, so that something to consider.

to bleed the jacks, fill the tank within 1 1/2 inches from the top. run the jacks down, and back up a couple of times without lifting the coach. they are self bleeding, so that will take care of that.
if the room is retracted, open the retract valve and run the pump for 8 to 10 seconds, close it up, hit and hold retract for another 5 seconds. then very carefully run the room out. if it get out of whack, stop!!!

call me at 602 549 3638 anyone is welcome to call me. i have had some health issues, but i believe we have them under control till next time.

i work full time for hwh. i do not solicit part sales on this forum. i do not do service work anymore, except at rallies, or by assignment from hwh corp.

paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, slide, vent, winnebago