Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #21
rca
Winnebago Camper

Roy ... if your coach still has the original TV set ( weighs 117 lbs! ) check under the shelf/counter that it sits on to be sure it is secured to the outside wall ... every other coach I have experience with was NOT.
The piece of wood the shelf should sit on is missing. ( see the left side for the way it should be ) I added a piece of 1" x 1" hardwood about 16" long, drilled and screwed to the shelf and the outside wall. Without this the TV and shelf will eventually drop on the outside wall side and cause damage to the cabinetry and door below. I reported this to Winnebago and got some help with wall schematics but no recall/attempt to correct was done to my knowledge.
You should also make sure the refrigerator recalls have been done.
I've also been battling the rust in and under the compartments.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Roy,
I changed my 117 pound OEM 30" tv to a 36" Panasonic flat screen weighing about 40 pounds. There is a post somewhere on this forum with some pictures. If you need information PM me.

If you decide not to change it out, check the top of the tv. open the overhead and check the clip that holds the tv in the frame. After some time with the OEM tv in place that clip worked loose and I found the tv wanting to lean forward. I caught it in time to tighten it up, then replaced it. Holler if you are interested. The 36" makes a big difference in viewing.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:52 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Roy,
I changed my 117 pound OEM 30" tv to a 36" Panasonic flat screen weighing about 40 pounds. There is a post somewhere on this forum with some pictures. If you need information PM me.

If you decide not to change it out, check the top of the tv. open the overhead and check the clip that holds the tv in the frame. After some time with the OEM tv in place that clip worked loose and I found the tv wanting to lean forward. I caught it in time to tighten it up, then replaced it. Holler if you are interested. The 36" makes a big difference in viewing.
I'll check for issues with the tv.

Thanks for the heads up.
Fastcar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase