Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-30-2022, 12:23 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 44
2011 Ellipse (or Tour) Jacks Down Alarms Inoperative

Hello,
I just put some foam over that annoying jacks down buzzer to make it quieter and now I have neither buzzer nor indicator lights when jacks are down.

Some wire tracing reveals that the alarm circuits are fed from a red wire inside the dash. The Winnie drawing for dash has a note that red wires are from HWH and that makes some sense as it is a HWH leveling system.

The leveling system works and the HWH panel jacks down LEDs light as expected.

There is no 12V present on the red wires, one split to feed the two dash lights and one spliced to feed the buzzer. Nor do the other sides (white wires for the lights, black for the buzzer) have continuity to ground.

At first I was thinking these alarms were always fed 12V and possibly there are sinking transistors (in the HWH system) which connect them to ground, thus activating the alarms. Maybe there is a fuse somewhere that is blown ( did I accidently short something out while messing around with the buzzer?)
But now I am not so certain.

Does anyone here have knowledge of how the alarms are wired, where, specifically does the power come from and if there is a fuse in the circuit?
Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry
tngengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2022, 07:53 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Ray,IN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: North America somewhere
Posts: 26,078
The HWH control box has 5 or 7 fuses depending on model #.https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachme...2&d=1554511334
That pdf has pictures to help identify the system model #. The control box pictures help the most and show fuse locations.
__________________
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:49 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
The HWH control box has 5 or 7 fuses depending on model #.https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachme...2&d=1554511334
That pdf has pictures to help identify the system model #. The control box pictures help the most and show fuse locations.
Thanks.
I found the fuse by following the red wires back into the rats nest under the dash cover. It was zip tied inside the rats nest. This appears to be part of the pigtail supplied by HWH with the jack system. The fuse is an automotive type, 5A. It was blown. Replaced and all is now good.
tngengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 12:27 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
DAN L's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngengineer View Post
Thanks.
I found the fuse by following the red wires back into the rats nest under the dash cover. It was zip tied inside the rats nest. This appears to be part of the pigtail supplied by HWH with the jack system. The fuse is an automotive type, 5A. It was blown. Replaced and all is now good.
Thanks for reporting the fix.

Wish you and yours a


Happy independence day
__________________
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:36 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngengineer View Post
Hello,
I just put some foam over that annoying jacks down buzzer to make it quieter and now I have neither buzzer nor indicator lights when jacks are down.

Some wire tracing reveals that the alarm circuits are fed from a red wire inside the dash. The Winnie drawing for dash has a note that red wires are from HWH and that makes some sense as it is a HWH leveling system.

The leveling system works and the HWH panel jacks down LEDs light as expected.

There is no 12V present on the red wires, one split to feed the two dash lights and one spliced to feed the buzzer. Nor do the other sides (white wires for the lights, black for the buzzer) have continuity to ground.

At first I was thinking these alarms were always fed 12V and possibly there are sinking transistors (in the HWH system) which connect them to ground, thus activating the alarms. Maybe there is a fuse somewhere that is blown ( did I accidently short something out while messing around with the buzzer?)
But now I am not so certain.

Does anyone here have knowledge of how the alarms are wired, where, specifically does the power come from and if there is a fuse in the circuit?
Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry
Can't help you with the wiring but I deal with the jacks down buzzer by avoiding it! I flip the ignition switch to ACC, retract the jacks then start and warm up.
__________________
Todd
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
101K miles and counting
toddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alarms, jacks



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 Ellipse/Tour Tail Lights. LED row out toddb Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 1 07-28-2017 07:58 PM
2011-2014 Tour / Ellipse 42QD Questions Alan_Barb Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 14 10-01-2015 01:28 PM
Jacks down then slides or slides then jacks down? Yolo72 Entegra Owner's Forum 10 01-29-2013 08:13 PM
2011 Tour/Ellipse 42QD MuckSavage Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 15 03-09-2011 07:48 PM
2011 Winnebago Ellipse - Tour Jerry J Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 4 07-08-2010 08:11 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.