Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2022, 12:32 AM   #1

2011 Itasca Reyo intellisense one touch help!

Hey everyone, brand new here and to the RV world. Recently purchased a 2011 low mile itasca reyo for a great price. It had been sitting so I’ve been learning here and going through it to get it fully working. Today I replaced the batteries and got the generator started as the house batteries were completely dead. The only thing I’m having issues with now is the intellisense one touch panel has nothing showing whatsoever. I thought it was the batteries causing the issue but no luck. I checked the fuse panel and breakers inside the rv and all are fine and have voltage going to them. I guess I’m hoping someone has ideas for me to test and try as I want to eliminate every option before replacing. The most I got out of it is a very dull red light that flashes for a milli second on the “L.P pilot out” and this happens if you press the coach power button off repeatedly near the door entrance to the RV. Any ideas or help would be truly appreciated! I tried searching but there isn’t a lot on this topic that I could at least. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F19AC26E-09FE-4728-9D6B-8038CCA249F7.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	372860  
alexhirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2022, 07:04 PM   #2

onebrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhirst View Post
Hey everyone, brand new here and to the RV world. Recently purchased a 2011 low mile itasca reyo for a great price. It had been sitting so I’ve been learning here and going through it to get it fully working. Today I replaced the batteries and got the generator started as the house batteries were completely dead. The only thing I’m having issues with now is the intellisense one touch panel has nothing showing whatsoever. I thought it was the batteries causing the issue but no luck. I checked the fuse panel and breakers inside the rv and all are fine and have voltage going to them. I guess I’m hoping someone has ideas for me to test and try as I want to eliminate every option before replacing. The most I got out of it is a very dull red light that flashes for a milli second on the “L.P pilot out” and this happens if you press the coach power button off repeatedly near the door entrance to the RV. Any ideas or help would be truly appreciated! I tried searching but there isn’t a lot on this topic that I could at least. Thank you.
Hi
Did you check output voltage at your house batteries the fact that you have seen a red dim light suggests that insufficient power is getting to the touch pad, if voltage is good, and this is a used coach recently purchased, I would check voltage at the Intelli Pad may have poor connections.
Good Luck I'm sure you'll get a lot of advice on this site.
Onebrit
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:30 PM   #3

Hey, I actually just replaced the house batteries with brand new ones so I know it’s good there. Next step is to check at the back of the unit. The bad thing is this specific unit is discontinued I found out… I have managed to get the replacement version but it will mean a full replacement and creating my own moles connectors to make it work. Worse case I will do that but definitely will check the voltage at back of unit first for sure. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-16-2022, 05:54 PM   #4

Just a follow up, makes sure all your ground connections are good even with new batteries you could still have a poor ground at the Intelli Pad.
Good luck sounds like you know what you're doing, if the Intelli Pad has a solid-state board and all connection are good, and ground is proven along with voltage, and it still doesn't work. you could trouble shoot the board and see if a any components are bad worse case an electronic repair shop could test and repair. May save you some time and money, I've done this myself on a Microwave a little different, but I was able to Identify the problem and repair myself. Just a thought.
Good Luck
Onebrit
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:15 PM   #5

Alex I have a 2011 Via which is a lot like your Reyo. You said there is voltage to your fuse panel inside but there is another 12 volt breaker panel in the front of the passenger side compartment right behind the co-pilot position to the left of your batteries, it's a bear to get to but there are push button 12 volt breakers in there behind the metal plate.

Also do you have 12 volt lights working in the RV? This will rule out a bad connection to the coach 12 volt.

Access to the back of the Intellisource panel is not too bad on my 25Q once you remove the microwave, I removed mine to pull some wires but so far my Intellisource panel is working. Not sure where yours would be located though.

I have gone thru my Via bumper to bumper and fixed many, many problems and shortcomings in the 2 years I have owned it. You will find the fridge installation is poor, I spent a lot of time on mine and the difference in cooling was well worth it. Many folks give up and blame the RM 85xx as being a poor product, but once all the installation errors are fixed and a few fans added it works great.

Also do you know about the Mercedes Authorized Emissions Modification? The deadline to file a claim is Oct. 1st.

I see you are in Mesa, I bought my Via in Scottsdale. I got a really good deal too and to date have still not seen one priced as low as I paid, but I didn't look for Reyos, just Vias. Mine just hit 62,000 miles. Keep up on those oil changes, by doing it yourself you will save a ton of money even doing them at 10K instead of 20K which I feel is too long for a motorhome that is working hard all the time. What Mercedes charges for service on these is ridiculous, I can do it better for way less and it's not that hard to do.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 12:13 AM   #6

Hey,
Thanks everyone for the great advice! I do have lights so I think ground is looking okay. I did also cheap in the compartment below behind the metal plate and all seems fine in there as well. I have a feeling it’s either ground/loose connection at the panel itself which I’m going to check tomorrow or the board has something wrong with it. I will definitely see if an electrical shop can fix it as it makes sense to get it working again if I can.

I would love to hear what you did to your fridge, I’ve read some horror stories but being I’m working on this and it’s new to me I haven’t had that experience first hand yet. I would definitely be interested in doing the same since it works.

I had the seller do the service for me at Mercedes’ as part of the deal for peace of mind and they flushed all fluids for me. The guy there pulled me aside and told me to go and see him another day and he is going to help me get all paperwork filled out and filed for the emissions stuff. Thanks again.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:08 PM   #7

One thing I'll warn you about if you have the Dometic RML-8555 and if it is installed where the door can swing more than 180 degrees and hit the edge of the cabinet enclosure near the hinges like mine. Before it breaks off remove it and get some of the original gray JB Weld and fill in the voids at the top and bottom where the hinge pin recesses are. There is a hole for the pin but it is just a thin plastic circle that will break, I promise you that. By filling in the voids around it with JB Weld it becomes a solid piece and now the holes cannot bust out causing your door to either fall off or fit very loose if they don't break out completely. The JB Weld is also a perfect color match for the gray plastic. If yours are already broken like my top one was you can wrap a 10/32 machine screw in teflon tape and stick in in there and JB Weld around it, then you can remove the screw easily thanks to the tape and you are left with a hole the right size. I actually cut off tiny pieces of juice box straws (the 2 part telescoping kind) for bushings that fit real tight. After re-enforcing mine I now keep the trash can positioned to prevent it from swinging too far.
Parts for this fridge are non-existent except for one of the deep shelves and the plastic freezer door hinges and freezer retaining clips which are also very expensive so handle the freezer as if it were made of glass whether you are just opening the door or removing the freezer via the bottom clips to make the fridge bigger, it's all very fragile.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 01:51 PM   #8

what was the final fix

what was the final fix on the intellisense? did you replace it? get it fixed?
gyoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 03:03 PM   #9

Hi guys...

For those of you with the intellisense touch screens that go blank, we repair those. For more info, check us out at board busterz! Thanks...
boardbusterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 03:04 PM   #10

Hi guys, for anyone who is having issues with that intellisense blank screen, we do repair them. Check us out at board busterz. Thanks!
boardbusterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 10:25 PM   #11

Hey, I need mine repairing still. A local precision soldering guy tried, got it to light but nothing showed on the screen. If you have the parts and knowledge to get it working I am a customer! What’s the best email to contact you guys? Thanks

Tags
intellisense, itasca, reyo