Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #1401

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Jesse.
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2016, 08:56 AM   #1402

Winnebago Owners Club
On my 2012 Tour the thermostat set up is different. There are two zones in the living area of the coach with Electric and Gas heat. The Electric setting runs the heat pumps. The Gas setting uses heat from the Diesel Burner when the switch for the Diesel Burner is turned on. This puts out heat from the small radiators found throughout the coach. On my coach there is also a separate thermostat in the basement at the AH unit to control the basement temp.

While I rarely have had a need to use anything other than the heat pumps there have been a couple of times when its been too cold to rely on the heat pumps which don't do much below 35 degrees. I find it easier to use the fireplace heat and a small Dyson type heater. The Dyson I use in the back bedroom.

The two seem to be enough to keep the coach warm and the Dyson unit is small and easy to store.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:00 AM   #1403

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deschrock View Post
Have 2014 Tour QD that I thought I had pretty dialed in prior to One year warranty being up. On first trip since last Oct.

1. Have a large "bang" by passenger door every time I stop. Any body experienced that?

2. Using Aqua hot on freezing 31 degree night. On 50 amps so used electric mode of aqua hot but temp would not rise over 59 degrees. So turned on diesel fuel mode and did get heat up to 66 so fine. Is that normal?

Then with both Aqua hot modes running all night, wife ran out of hot water
very quickly doing dishes and again after just starting shower? Thought it was supposed to be endless hot water.

3. Have Direct Tv on traveler swm3 , cant get any local channels in Ca. My home is Az.
Have all 3 satelites showing ie 99,101,103 but Direct TV says I need Swm 5 and satelite 119 to view locals. Does not make sense to me. They also said I need to fill out some form to be able to see local channnels as I travel. Anyone aware of that form. Said she would email it to me but didnt. Any one understand what is required to view Direct TV locals on Travaler SWM 3?

4. Neither aisle ight will turn on .I'll check switch.

5. Sofa Pullouts - Iknow you have to reach in to pull the handles and it worked once this trip but now2 both handles don't do anything and I cant get them out.
Any ides?
On our 2012 Tour we have never experienced running out of hot water with the Diesel Burner. The water gets very hot very quickly with the Diesel Burner. In Electric mode we have found the water can get a bit lukewarm with back to back showers. Electric just doesn't recover as fast as the Diesel Burner.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:15 AM   #1404

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
after posting this I remembered the dealer had to replace the thermostat due to an issue I was having with the AC. I wonder if they replaced it with a newer version or different model. I do remember last year only having the two zones show up, not three. I will dig out the work order and see what model they replaced it and give them a call. I will say this, with the half bath door open, it does warm up the front room pretty good for no heat working up front.

As always, Thanks for your help Jesse.

I replaced mine an had to program it. If you need help let me know.
Just a jumper.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #1405

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Leveler fluid tank level

I have a 2014 42QD and looking to check the level of fluid for the levelers. Does anyone know where the tank is?
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:41 PM   #1406

Ron Postma, the pump and tank are under the inside 2nd step. It lifts up and there is a metal container that lifts out to view the tank. Or you can crawl under the front right side to see it.
Roy-n-Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:35 PM   #1407

Leveler tank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1452040499189.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	115760  
Old 01-05-2016, 06:52 PM   #1408

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks. I tried to lift the second step but it will not come up. There seems to be a nut under the center do I need to remove it?
Old 01-05-2016, 07:18 PM   #1409

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Postma View Post
Thanks. I tried to lift the second step but it will not come up. There seems to be a nut under the center do I need to remove it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1452043090.967464.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	115765
Yes
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:21 PM   #1410

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you
Old 01-12-2016, 05:01 PM   #1411

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well after 2 plus years my luck has run out. This morning after being parked for the last month the kitchen slide made cracking and grinding noise as I brought it in. Arrived at destination and watched it closely and the one gear/motor made a loud snapped and did not move. The other corners were just barely out so I was able to bring it back in. Now the wait begins. Maybe there is a factory rep here at the Tampa RV show.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:19 AM   #1412

Winnebago Owners Club
Kitchen slide is not the most important so you will be able to use the coach until it is fixed. We had a similar issue but the dealer tech identified the issue during a service visit. The motors were replaced before they failed.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:26 AM   #1413

TOUR QD shower
I noticed on my QD there are three screws along the door jamb inside the right side. They did not appear to be stainless steel. I checked with a magnet and sure enough they are plated carbon steel screws. I removed one to check it's size. It was already rusting into the wood it's screwed into. I recall them being a #10 x 3" sheet metal screw. I replaced them with stainless and put a spot of silicone screw under the head when installing. I wiped the excess silicone off. Hopefully this will avert problems down the road.
Regards,
Greg
spanny1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:58 AM   #1414

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenda1908 View Post
We just became the proud owners of a 2013 Tour 42' QD and absolutely LOVE it We have been staying at Pelican Roost on the USN base at Mayport FL for three weeks, so we have been able to run through all tne systems and check out any issues. Our punch list is minor and everything about this coach is amazing. We opted for the all electric and therefore we do not ever need to worry if we have enough propane again:-) It's such a livable coach. Lots of storage inside and out and the galley is great with lots of counter space. I love the two bathrooms, the washer dryer stack unit, the king bed, the residential fridge....and oh by the way, DH says it drives very smooth and I think it's a lot quiter than our Vectra. We will be heading back home to VA next week to check on the stick house, but I think it will be a short visit Can't wait to take off in the Tour again
Glenda,
It's been three yesrs since you got your Tour and started this group in iRV2.

The forum has been a great source of information and sharing for many of us, thanks for bringing us together.

How about an update on your Tour experience from then to now to bring us full circle?