Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2016, 05:56 PM   #1429

Freightliner Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenda1908 View Post
Hi everyone,
I didn't realize it had been so long! Well, we made that BIG step and sold our house last May after 30+ years and went full-time and we are still in the Tour! It's been great. We have stayed mostly in our old areas for the adjustment time and because our son in law was deployed so we wanted to be near by for our daughter and granddaughters. We have some trips planned soon!
We had a desk built in between the fireplace and table with a nice desk top and three drawers. They liked it so much at Winnebago they took pictures of it. My DH said he needed a desk if he was going to live in the coach!
We had a problem with the aqua hot but between our dealer and the folks at aqua hot they got it fixed and I still think it's the best system.
Hope everyone is well and I'll be back!
Glenda

Hi Glenda,

Would you have any pictures of that desk you had built? I am thinking of doing the same thing, I would like some ideas myself!

Thank you,
Brian & Kim
Freebird1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2016, 08:59 AM   #1430

Generator question

Does anyone remember how to set the auto generator to turn off when it senses the return of shore power?
Roy-n-Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #1431

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I need to look at mine because it has never shut off by itself when power was restored. I called the local Cummins dealer in Cincinnati and he was not aware they did. I need to check this out.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:32 PM   #1432

The generator will not shut off until it completes the task that caused it to start, such as the ac coming on or the batteries requiring charging. Once that task is completed and the coach goes to house battery operation the auto transfer switch will change to shore power. The coach will not switch to shore power if the gen power is being used since the auto transfer switch defaults to gen power. You can force it to switch by manually shutting the gen off. However I would recommend turning off high amperage devices such as ac or heat pumps. I manually start my gen when on shore power to exercise the gen when parked for an extended period. Usually once a month. I operate the ac or heat pump when exercising the gen. Shut those devices off and manually shut off the gen. Then it will switch back to shore power and you can restart the devices you want on.
spanny1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #1433

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem and if so what they did to solve it. On four occasions I have experienced a severe "shimmy" in the front end of my '13 Ellipse. I would have to completely stop the coach to stop the shimmy. I took it to a Freightliner shop in Wichita Falls, TX and upon inspection they could find no problems at all. They called Techs at Freightliner and they had no suggestions except to install a steering stabilizer and that might help the problem. Freightliner does not make a stabilizer and they know of no one that makes one for that particular IFS frontend. I am concerned that this can be a safety concern and presently have no resolution for the problem. I need to resolve it prior to extended summer travels. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Larry
larvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:55 PM   #1434

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanny1212 View Post
The generator will not shut off until it completes the task that caused it to start, such as the ac coming on or the batteries requiring charging. Once that task is completed and the coach goes to house battery operation the auto transfer switch will change to shore power. The coach will not switch to shore power if the gen power is being used since the auto transfer switch defaults to gen power. You can force it to switch by manually shutting the gen off. However I would recommend turning off high amperage devices such as ac or heat pumps. I manually start my gen when on shore power to exercise the gen when parked for an extended period. Usually once a month. I operate the ac or heat pump when exercising the gen. Shut those devices off and manually shut off the gen. Then it will switch back to shore power and you can restart the devices you want on.
I was told not to start the generator when on shore power. The transfer switch will arc when the power is transferred causing an early demise to the switch.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:51 AM   #1435

That is why I shut off heavy loads prior to turning on the generator. Plus those contactors come together by electromagnets. That happens so fast I don't think there would be much time for arcing.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #1436

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvance View Post
I am wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem and if so what they did to solve it. On four occasions I have experienced a severe "shimmy" in the front end of my '13 Ellipse. I would have to completely stop the coach to stop the shimmy. I took it to a Freightliner shop in Wichita Falls, TX and upon inspection they could find no problems at all. They called Techs at Freightliner and they had no suggestions except to install a steering stabilizer and that might help the problem. Freightliner does not make a stabilizer and they know of no one that makes one for that particular IFS frontend. I am concerned that this can be a safety concern and presently have no resolution for the problem. I need to resolve it prior to extended summer travels. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Larry
Larry,

I don't know if this will help or not, but here is my story. When i picked up my new 2015 Tour it had a constant shimmy. It was sent to Freight liner where they determined that one of the front wheels had not been mounted correctly. Evidently one of the wheels had not been fully seated before it was tightened down. Remounting the wheel fixed the problem. What ever it is i would assume it has to do with the front tires/wheels.

good luck, Bob
Bobschle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:57 AM   #1437

I had a shimmy on my 2013 Tour right out of the box. Fortunately the local Michelin Commercial shop manager is a friend. I took it there. The check the as balanced front tires. They were in spec. However they only add balancing weights to the inside rim of the aluminum wheel for looks. We don't have two plane balancing which can cause a out of balance condition at speed. That shop always use stick on weights in the middle of the wheel on front aluminum wheels. The rebalanced using that method. As soon as I drove it out I could tell a difference. Incredible difference. They did mention if the new tire is above a certain out of balance condition that Michelin would replace the tire. It cost me $40, well worth it. Just a thought.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #1438

Winnebago Owners Club
My motorized front windshield sun shade on my 2013tour will only retract and will not extend. Day night works fine in both directions. I am thinking that the up portion of the switch may be the culprit. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ranger Rick
2013 Winnebago tour
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 04:14 PM   #1439

Winnebago Owners Club
Check out troubleshooting.
http://www.mcdinnovations.com/files/...nersManual.pdf

Mine did this once but I had my ignition key on.

May have to reset the limit switch.

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #1440

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Wait...what? There's a remote available for the shades?
Did Tour owners not get one? Did I lose it? Can a remote be added?

Would be nice to not have to lean over the drivers seat to raise/lower shades.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:00 PM   #1441

Winnebago Owners Club
THanks Jesse, read the manual but I did not see how to reset limit switch, don t' even know where it is located. Help!

Ranger Rick
2013 tour QD
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:26 PM   #1442

Winnebago Owners Club
The limit switches are taped in a bundle at top right of windshield. Reach over the trim and you will feel them. Pull them out to access.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote