Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #211

Nor'easters Club
I used these folks for a dash cover for a previous coach
Dashboard Covers by Josie - Specializing in Dashboard Covers for Motorhomes!
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #212

Winnebago Owners Club
Me too. Don't want to unscrew anything before I know what's inderneath. Waiting to hear
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #213

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Glenda, Ditto, smack2020 and anyone who might be interested
I added a few more pics to the link. https://plus.google.com/photos/10131...NjNn6Sl6pS3sAE Acualy in heat, cool or off zone 3 will show as much as 9 degrees higher than it is in the front of the coach when the tv is on. Yes the sensor in the bedroom to the right of the tv is zone one and zone two sensor is in the kitchen just under the pull out island countertop on the right. For anyone who might want to do this or have it done: Disconect all power souces to the coach and turn house and chassis battery switches off. Remove zone 3 sensor above the tv and disconect the two wires at the couplings. Remove the eight philup screws to remove top tv bracket and tilt the tv away from wall or you can pick it up and set it back. Drill the new hole in cabinet at the new location and feed the source wire through the new hole and recouple the wires (the wires are long enough, just have to re route). Remount the tv and sensor and turn battery switches back on. Fill old sensor hole with short wood plug and touch up with correct color wood pencel. Or order new sensor from manufacture and install as a dummy just for cosmetic. Zone 3 temp reading will be spot on. I am happy to help as you guys have been much help to me.
Thanks to all!
Jesse

Glenda thanks for the remote advise. I will pick one up soon but I might need your help programing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenda1908 View Post
It had been bothering me that zone 3 sensor in cooling mode seemed to be running from 4 to 9 degrees higher than It actually felt. It was that the call sensor was located directly above the living room tv and the heat was rising off of it. The following link shows where it was and where I moved it to:

We have the same floorplan, so I am assuming when you moved it there were no connections coming out of the wood. I guess it is just a sensor. I know there is one on the side wall of the vanity area in the bedroom also. Did you just unscrew it and relocate in under the edge of the fireplace mantle? We have not used our airconditioning yet since we just got the Tour in Dec, but we are going to need it for sure in a month or two. Thanks for the info.
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #214

Winnebago Owners Club
Glenda
Someone dear to me suggested this upgrade and I thought you might like it.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?t...04345696712449
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenda1908 View Post
BTW...from your photo, it really looks like you could use a Universal Remote. Might I suggest a Harmony Remote. My personal favorite is the Harmony 900...Though pricey, it just works.

I have NO IDEA how he did it, but right after we got our Tour we went to Florida (Mayport Naval Base) to spend the holidays with our daughter and son in law. Alan is a Navy Lt.and an ET (electronics Tech). He and my DH took off one day and purchased the receivers we needed and then spent the day setting it all up. We only need the one controller to go from cable to sat. to antenna and change stations. We put the rest of the controllers up in a cabinet and out of the way. I couldn't believe how many conrollers came with the coach.
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #215

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Jesse,
Thanks for the detailed instructions. I will do this mod next time I have the RV home.
Les
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #216

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Jesse, very helpful. I am going to call Winnie on Monday to let them know they have a problem and to ask them to send me a new sensor. I will just leave the old one to cover the holes.

Looks like a good mod(modification).
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #217

CHROME BOTOM EDGE....

Any current owner who has the chrome on the bottom edge care to comment on how up keep has been on it? I know that cleaning and keeping the wheels can be a pain, I was wondering how you are doing with the bottom chrome?

Thanks
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #218

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post
CHROME BOTOM EDGE....

Any current owner who has the chrome on the bottom edge care to comment on how up keep has been on it? I know that cleaning and keeping the wheels can be a pain, I was wondering how you are doing with the bottom chrome?

Thanks

We have only had ours since Dec., but it has had several "baths" and still looks nice and shiny. Just wiped it with a soft micro towel and that seems to have worked. Not sure how it will look this time next year, but it sure looks great now I am sure at some time we may have to apply some polish but I think it won't be soon.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #219

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post
CHROME BOTOM EDGE....

Thanks
My understanding is that it is stainless steel, not chrome.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #220

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
My understanding is that it is stainless steel, not chrome.

I do believe you are correct.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:54 AM   #221

Winnebago Owners Club
Keeping your TOUR Clean with AERO COSMETICS. We have used a waterless cleaner now for over a year and have found it to be fantastic. This product is perfect as many campgrounds do not allow washing on their site. We first purchased a kit at GNR and now buy refills on Amazon. The product meets Boeing Aircraft cleaning Spec. Exterior D6-17487P and Interior D6-7127M. I would give this product a five star rating...Waterless Car Wash Aircraft RV Cleaner Detailer Wax Quick Spray 32oz : Amazon.com : Automotive. The best part....just spray and immediately wipe...
Old 04-08-2013, 05:02 AM   #222

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rob View Post
Keeping your TOUR Clean with AERO COSMETICS. We have used a waterless cleaner now for over a year and have found it to be fantastic. This product is perfect as many campgrounds do not allow washing on their site. We first purchased a kit at GNR and now buy refills on Amazon. The product meets Boeing Aircraft cleaning Spec. Exterior D6-17487P and Interior D6-7127M. I would give this product a five star rating...Waterless Car Wash Aircraft RV Cleaner Detailer Wax Quick Spray 32oz : Amazon.com : Automotive. The best part....just spray and immediately wipe...
How much does it take to do the whole unit Rob?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:09 AM   #223

Winnebago Owners Club
Not sure I can anwer that. Our coach is 43 feet, I also use it on a Honda CRV and a Toyota Highlander. I buy the liquid by the gallon and just used my first gallon after a year and a half. I touch up and clean every two months........hope that helps....
Old 04-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #224

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rob View Post
Not sure I can anwer that. Our coach is 43 feet, I also use it on a Honda CRV and a Toyota Highlander. I buy the liquid by the gallon and just used my first gallon after a year and a half. I touch up and clean every two months........hope that helps....
Yep, get one gallon and one quart for the spray bottle. I just don't need to get 10 gallons for one wash? :-)