Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #225

Also use AERO COSMETICS on our current coach. HAve been for years. It is just an outstanding product. Costly to get started when you buy the kit, but after that, it is not bad at all and makes quick clean up, just that, quick.

Was not aware it was stainless steel, so thanks.
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersharkjd View Post
We had a problem with the powered MCD front night shade not working. I called MCD a week ago and left a message and have never heard back. It is like calling atheist dial-a-prayer. The blind started working again. We are in route to Forest City and will have Winnebago take care of it. I was really disappointed that a company like MCD has a "sell it and forget it" attitude.

I am so sorry you did not hear back from a Tech. They make every effort to answer the calls in the order they are received. I'm not sure what your shade issue is, but if you would like me to email you a quick reprogramming guide, I will be happy to do that. It may be something that you can adjust yourself. Please email me privately and I will assist you.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #227

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Back to the temp sensor for the air conditioner located above the front TV in the QD. I called Winnie, they said I was the first person to complain about this issue. Currently my motorhome is in the shop. Winnie guy told me to have the dealer look at it and call Winnie if they think it is an issue. I just don't trust my dealer, they fix one thing and break two more. Famous answer, "just bring it back and we will fix it"

I will see what the dealer says and let everyone know.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #228

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Smack2020 you can get the sensor at Litchtsinn motors (641) 585-5852 parts for $8.70. We think alike about the dealers. We are at 3 and 1/2 months, 3500 miles and have never been to the dealer as of yet just for that reason. Heck I have a friend with the sister coach to ours that when he went to pick it up from a dealer they couldn't find it for 30 minutes. They had mixed it up with another coach and done a complete emissions test on it. If I can help let me know.

Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2020 View Post
Back to the temp sensor for the air conditioner located above the front TV in the QD. I called Winnie, they said I was the first person to complain about this issue. Currently my motorhome is in the shop. Winnie guy told me to have the dealer look at it and call Winnie if they think it is an issue. I just don't trust my dealer, they fix one thing and break two more. Famous answer, "just bring it back and we will fix it"

I will see what the dealer says and let everyone know.
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #229

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Hi Smack2020 you can get the sensor at Litchtsinn motors parts for $8.70.
Thanks,

I'm trying to get Winnie to fix it, so that they will fix others and change this design flaw. My dealer ordered the part and they are going to to send Winnie the request to fix. I also sent Winnie an email this morning requesting to have sensor moved. I am surprised more 42 QD owners have not had the same complaint. I know you could just change the thermostat to a higher number to compensate, but I should not have to do this.

Winnie claims I am the only person that has ever complained about this issue.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #230

Winnebago Owners Club
Our 2011 TOUR has a Maytag French Door Refrigerator with bottom freezer. Last week it started showing signs of ice and frost on the right door seal. When I check the Internet, I was dismayed by the large number of complaints against Maytag. While this is not a Winnebago problem, I will file a complaint with them so they at least know what is going on. See complaints at....517 Complaints and Reviews about Maytag Refrigerators
Old 04-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #231

Tire Pressures and tag axle adjustment

OK first of all Ditto - good to see you again at Freightliner service on Campus Drive. So they took weight measurements of all 6 tire locations on my coach. The coach had full fuel tank and 1/3 fresh water. Front axle total 14,860 add 440 for driver and co-pilot total 15,300 max 14,600 over 700lbs. Reducing tag axle PSI from 42 to 28 now front axle with driver and co-pilot 14,800 minus 14,600 max over 200lbs. Reducing the tag PSI raised the drive axle from 15,520 to 18,720 max 20,000lbs. Tire pressure on drive axle was reduced from 120PSI to 95PSI per tire. Tag weight went from 8760lbs to 6000lbs max 10,000lbs and tire pressure was reduced from 120PSI to 90PSI. So I will now fill up my fresh water tank roughly 60 gallons additional at 8lbs/ gallon = 480lbs meaning front axle overweight of 680lbs. and drive 570 miles to my home. Each time I stop I will check and record with my infared temp sensor tire temp vs ambient temp. My goal is to get max mileage, min heat buildup and max tire wear.

I really enjoyed the experience at Gaffney service center. Additional service will be performed here God Willing. I will let everyone know what I find out with the new adjustment.
chiroassoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #232

Thanks for that note! I am very nervous now about our GD with the kitchen upfront as their is more weight already. (fridge and the food in it, the kitchen counter and all the drawers, the microwave, and the dishwasher)

After we pick up the coach in June from Indy, looks like our first port of call will be Gaffney even though it is out of the way of anywhere we want to go that time of year. However, they are the place we trust most.

So we will switch coaches, go hang out a few days in an RV resort or something close by the dealer, then head to Gaffney if all is working well.
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #233

NC Rob: Thanks for the post. I Have the same unit on our 2011 42QD so I will be watching this. Let us know future developments on this. Much appreciated.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #234

Nor'easters Club
chiroassoc- yes, nice to see you again too....always enjoy meeting fellow irv2 folks. I did check our rear bath electrical plug...it is NOT powered via inverter! 1/2 bath is, same as yours.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #235

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Smack2020
Thanks for trying to help other present and future QD owners. The following info is for you if you need it.

I have the installation operation & application guide for the 9430-33 Multiple Zone Thermostat Controller System (made by RV Products a division of Airxcel, Inc and sold to Winnebago) that is in your coach in my hands now.
It clearly states under the (Thermostat and Room Temperature Sensor Location)

#2 Do not install where there are unusual heating conditions, such as direct sunlight, heat producing appliances (television, radio, wall lamps, etc.)

That said, even the best deserve to make mistakes. I believe Winnebago is the best.

hope this helps you.

Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2020 View Post
Thanks,

I'm trying to get Winnie to fix it, so that they will fix others and change this design flaw. My dealer ordered the part and they are going to to send Winnie the request to fix. I also sent Winnie an email this morning requesting to have sensor moved. I am surprised more 42 QD owners have not had the same complaint. I know you could just change the thermostat to a higher number to compensate, but I should not have to do this.

Winnie claims I am the only person that has ever complained about this issue.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #236

Winnebago Owners Club
chiroassoc
Awesome info! So the tire with the most heat build up with the correct psi is holding more load. Ok now I am in the market for a infared temp sensor. Any recommendations on brand? I love better mileage.

Thanks

Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroassoc View Post
OK first of all Ditto - good to see you again at Freightliner service on Campus Drive. So they took weight measurements of all 6 tire locations on my coach. The coach had full fuel tank and 1/3 fresh water. Front axle total 14,860 add 440 for driver and co-pilot total 15,300 max 14,600 over 700lbs. Reducing tag axle PSI from 42 to 28 now front axle with driver and co-pilot 14,800 minus 14,600 max over 200lbs. Reducing the tag PSI raised the drive axle from 15,520 to 18,720 max 20,000lbs. Tire pressure on drive axle was reduced from 120PSI to 95PSI per tire. Tag weight went from 8760lbs to 6000lbs max 10,000lbs and tire pressure was reduced from 120PSI to 90PSI. So I will now fill up my fresh water tank roughly 60 gallons additional at 8lbs/ gallon = 480lbs meaning front axle overweight of 680lbs. and drive 570 miles to my home. Each time I stop I will check and record with my infared temp sensor tire temp vs ambient temp. My goal is to get max mileage, min heat buildup and max tire wear.

I really enjoyed the experience at Gaffney service center. Additional service will be performed here God Willing. I will let everyone know what I find out with the new adjustment.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #237

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have noticed a sound like the bottom of a metal drum popping out when we back up, go over uneven ground or begin to move forward after parking. It seems to come from the rear of the coach. It is not a constant, it just makes that sound once, maybe twice. I heard this on another 2013 Tour last week at another campground and wanted to see if it is heard by other Tour owners. Thanks for any thoughts.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #238

revisite tire pressure and heat buildup

OK @ 65 degrees ambient running 70MPH for 260miles tire temps

FD FP
99.5 105.9

RD RP
96.5 96.0 94.5 85

TD TP
97.0 97.0

@ 90 degrees ambient running 70MPH for 560miles tire temps

FD FP
128.5 128

RD RP
126.5 127.5 130 129.5

TD TP
129 131
First readings were taken with a full fresh water tank and about 100 gallons fuel

Second set taken with 2/3 tank fresh and about 100 gallons fuel.

My infared reader is a Raytek minitemp MT6.
Hope this helps.
chiroassoc is offline   Reply With Quote