Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are getting 8.5 on a brand new Coach. That was driving 1700 miles from the Factory in Forest City, Iowa to Phoenix. I'm liking it.
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
I hope to see all of you NEW and OLD owners at GNR this year. If you've not been you are missing a great time. We will be head of row for Virginia and there are frozen margaritas every day at 4:00. So bring yourself over and say hello
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:08 AM   #31

Things to watch for:

I have a 2012 Tour 42QD. I've driven about 7000 miles in 2012 and now I'm noticing etching in my porcelin tiles where my rollers sit for my slides. Forrest City has already changed my rollers while visiting in September. We love our coach as well. Just met DITTO at the Tampa RV show sitting in the drivers seat of a 2013 Tour display coach. Also the 28ft slide topper cover gaps and collects alot of debris, so check before you roll in the large slide that sticks are not sitting there poss cut the topper. Spoke to factory in FC said by design. Recntly spoke to Carefree rep n Tampa says that is not correct. Will keep you updated.
chiroassoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #32

Nor'easters Club
Hey chiroassoc! Great to meet you at the show! Here at Lazydays Crown club...transfer lot to pick up our new Tour. Just changed my signature too! Just met "wannabe" here too.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Hey chiroassoc! Great to meet you at the show! Here at Lazydays Crown club...transfer lot to pick up our new Tour. Just changed my signature too! Just met "wannabe" here too.
Just got back from Lazydays last night. If you have to stay somewhere for 7 days for repairs, then the Crown Club at Lazydays is a class act. It's always a pleasure to put a face to a moniker. I was talking to Ditto about the Winnebago Tours and IRV2 forums came up and we realized we were both on it. I've probably met others and didn't even know it. Now I'm going to have to be nice when I post.

I finally got my pesky "jacks down" warning buzzer fixed. The tech was a real professional and while adjusting my camera he found a volume control and turned it all the way down. My big job was to replace the flex hose that ran from my back toilet to the black tank. Since day one we had noticed a sewer odor in the back bathroom, and after talking to Winnebago realized that they knew about the problem and had a fix. The "fix" took two days and resulted in the defective flex hose being removed and replaced with hard pipe. To Winnebago's credit they paid the tab even though we were out of warranty. Kudos to Winnebago.

We did get a chance to spend two days at the Tampa RV show, but didn't see anything that would beat the new Tours for the price. This is from someone that was really interested in the Entegra. The Tour was a better buy with more features than the Entegra Aspire. The Anthem and Cornerstone are at a higher price point than anything offered by Winnebago. All in all it was a good trip and that's saying a lot when you have to hang around for 7 days of service work.
Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Congrats on your new Tour
I see you had a 40' before getting the tag. It's surprising how much 3' can make We had a 40' before our new Tour and I thought it was great, but cannot compare to the Tour QD You will find you have so much more storage inside and out. We also opted for the outside fridg. Some folks said "is that for the husband?".. I said NO, it's more for me so I don't hear the word..." how about bringing out a couple of cold ones for me and my friend". We found we got pretty good fuel mileage on our trip back from FL. Sometimes it was showing 9.5 , however nothing below 7.5 which was our usual on the Vectra. After taking it to FL from VA and living in it for 3 weeks, we had minimal punch list things that our dealer addressed in one afternoon visit. Had to come back and take care of some things here in VA, but she is sitting here ready to go...and it's snowing here, so I would like to leave now!! Enjoy your new coach and safe travels.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldviper View Post
We are getting 8.5 on a brand new Coach. That was driving 1700 miles from the Factory in Forest City, Iowa to Phoenix. I'm liking it.
That wont last....Phoenix to Vegas will probably be under 7 if you tow.
Five2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five2o View Post

Our experience is that the milage gets better as the engine gets broken in. Also, we were told that with the new emission system being more efficient that the MPG is better. I guess we will see as we go, but we didn't buy a motorhome to get good gas milage
Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
QD Sewer Hose

We just ordered a 2013 QD at the show in Tampa. Anyway regarding the rear bath odor. Has Winnebago stopped using the flex hose and moved to the hard pipe? I know we will have a punch list but it would be nice to limit the items if possible. Safe Travels to all
13 Adventurer 37F
mike garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike garry View Post
We just ordered a 2013 QD at the show in Tampa. Anyway regarding the rear bath odor. Has Winnebago stopped using the flex hose and moved to the hard pipe? I know we will have a punch list but it would be nice to limit the items if possible. Safe Travels to all

Congrats..you are going to love the Tour We have had ours a little over a month and right after taking delivery spent 3 weeks living in it. We had an "itty bitty" punch list when we returned and our dealer took care of them in one afternoon. The most time was spent on installing the fan covers over our vent fans and adding spinners on the sewer vents on the roof. Speaking of sewer Winnebago must have made the change at least in the 2013. We never detected any sewer odor in our rear bath , and I am very sensitive to those odors and would have noticed it !

Again, congrats and I know you will be loving it
Old 01-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five2o View Post
I guess we will find out later this summer when we head up the Ca coast to Origan and back to Phoenix.
Les
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How is the insulation in the Tour? Does anyone have any cold weather experience with it?
FlaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaSam View Post
How is the insulation in the Tour? Does anyone have any cold weather experience with it?
Funny you should ask that question. We got a real cold snap and snow here in Virginia Beach last night. We can see the top of our coach from the upstairs windows so we checked it out. The snow is all still on the roof and we have had the heat (burner) on in the coach to keep everything warm in the compartments. Since the snow is still on the roof I am assuming that the heat is not escaping through there. I was just inside and she is toasty and warm holding at 70 degrees
Old 01-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
Just got back from Lazydays last night. If you have to stay somewhere for 7 days for repairs, then the Crown Club at Lazydays is a class act. It's always a pleasure to put a face to a moniker. I was talking to Ditto about the Winnebago Tours and IRV2 forums came up and we realized we were both on it. I've probably met others and didn't even know it. Now I'm going to have to be nice when I post.

I finally got my pesky "jacks down" warning buzzer fixed. The tech was a real professional and while adjusting my camera he found a volume control and turned it all the way down. My big job was to replace the flex hose that ran from my back toilet to the black tank. Since day one we had noticed a sewer odor in the back bathroom, and after talking to Winnebago realized that they knew about the problem and had a fix. The "fix" took two days and resulted in the defective flex hose being removed and replaced with hard pipe. To Winnebago's credit they paid the tab even though we were out of warranty. Kudos to Winnebago.

We did get a chance to spend two days at the Tampa RV show, but didn't see anything that would beat the new Tours for the price. This is from someone that was really interested in the Entegra. The Tour was a better buy with more features than the Entegra Aspire. The Anthem and Cornerstone are at a higher price point than anything offered by Winnebago. All in all it was a good trip and that's saying a lot when you have to hang around for 7 days of service work.
What features did you find on the Tour not on the Aspire?