Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #827

Deflating Ideal Rest beds before storing slide?

Do you guys deflate your Ideal Rest beds before storing the bed in the upright position to bring the bedroom slide in?
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #828

front end weight QD

Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
but I thought almost of those heavy fronts reported were on the GD, not the QD.
I have a QD the front was seriously over Gaffney adjusted tag to get it to about 280 over with full fuel, water and driver, passenger.
chiroassoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #829

squeeking from slides while driving

I had a serious problem with creeking, squeeking while driving down the road and hitting road bumps. Thought a few times the coach was coming apart at the seams. Last year FC told me that is normal. This year 11/11/13 they used WD-40 on the slide mechanism where it clamps to the aluminum beam that travels the full length under the superslide. Nothing but a quiet ride now unbelievable difference. Even though FC changed all the rollers under the slides still have etching in the tiles. This time they buffed them out, said if they continue they will replace tiles next year. Still Love my TOUR!
Old 11-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #830

deflating bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun time View Post
Do you guys deflate your Ideal Rest beds before storing the bed in the upright position to bring the bedroom slide in?
No I keep the bed at 28 so I just leave it, since you are suppose to be able to adjust it to the same level while resting on it to watch TV, read, etc. I can hardly imagine it causing a problem if you are not on it.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #831

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun time View Post
Yes. The manual says to deflate it to below 20 on each side. The first time we brought in our slides (BEFORE we started deflating it) it was totally inflated and the screw gear that went over to the back side of the bed sheared right off. It couldn't handle trying to spin because of the excess back pressure caused by the mattress folding fully inflated. Luckily the coach was brand new so it was fixed under warranty.. But that's why the manual specious what it does. You REALLY better deflate it if you are going into high altitude!
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #832

Winnebago Owners Club
Manual height adjustment?

Anyone know how to lower the Tour to be able to creep into and out of an RV wash or garage that is 12 ft 6 inch max? Thanks, Don
deschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #833

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deschrock View Post
Anyone know how to lower the Tour to be able to creep into and out of an RV wash or garage that is 12 ft 6 inch max? Thanks, Don
You can dump all the air bags, but I am not sure if you can drive/creep without them re inflating.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #834

Quote:
Originally Posted by deschrock View Post
I regularly use the Manual Dump feature to creep into my storage unit that has a 13 ft door. Before we purchased the 2013 Tour QD I specifically asked the service tech at the dealership this question and he said they do it all the time and it will not damage anything. One of my concerns was that the front wheels would contact the fenders when turning and they do come close but no contact. I would recommend lining up in front of the door, dumping the airbags, and waiting for a bit with the transmission in Drive to make sure it is not reinflating before attempting to enter. Our first try included my wife standing on the rear ladder with a walkie talkie to appraise me of any clearance problems. Good Luck!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #835

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2020 View Post
You can dump all the air bags, but I am not sure if you can drive/creep without them re inflating.
Thanks, yes to dumping air bags but will they automatically come up when i put it in drive . Wonder if any one has experience with this?
Old 11-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #836

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks so much for responding with that info. I will try it that way. Don
Old 11-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #837

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
who has tried using the IPOD docking accessories that came with their unit. I had an IPOD Nano an was going to use it and then found out that the model that I had that was no docking adapter for it since it was too small. So now I buy a new IPOD touch current model and Apple now has a different connector on it (lighting connector) and of course it does not work with the connector in the unit. I conformed this with both Winnebago and the manufacture of the docking kit. If anyone has used their IPOD let me know which model you have.

Thanks

Bob
Old 11-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #838

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
who has tried using the IPOD docking accessories that came with their unit. I had an IPOD Nano an was going to use it and then found out that the model that I had that was no docking adapter for it since it was too small. So now I buy a new IPOD touch current model and Apple now has a different connector on it (lighting connector) and of course it does not work with the connector in the unit. I conformed this with both Winnebago and the manufacture of the docking kit. If anyone has used their IPOD let me know which model you have. Thanks Bob
Maybe you could get an adapter to go from the old iPod connector to the new lighting.

I don't have an iPod that will work.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:46 AM   #839

they make a adapter to go from the new I Pod to the the usb port on the radio. This doesn't help using the docking station but will allow you to use your I pod. Just a thought does your new iPod have blue tooth? If so just blue tooth your device to the radio. I use my I phone that way.
counched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #840

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I will have to try the Bluetooth method.