Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #99

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshoe View Post
We are new to the forum and your post about your 2013 Tour got our attention because, after looking at many new motorhomes, it is the one we like the best. One of the features we are most attracted to is the "Rest Easy" power reclining sofa. Do you find it as comfortable to live with on the road as it seems to be when we try it out at a dealer? Also, we live in Chesapeake Virgina and are wondering where you bought it? Are you happy with the dealer? Thanks!
Yes, we love the sofa and also have the ottomans. It is a very comfortable sofa and guests have also said it was comfortable as a bed when brought down all the way. We have bought 6 Winnebagos from McGeorges Rolling Hills starting in 1997. Ask for Doc Holiday and tell him the Hannaford's sent you He will take good care of you. If you do decide to buy a Tour or any Winnebago please consider joining WIT and one of the local chapters. We are the Tascas and my DH is the VA state president of WIT. You will not find a better group of people to camp with and learn about RVing. Doc will fill you in on our group if you see him...McGeorges are BIG supporters of the Virginia WIT organization. Please give us a call if you have any questions at all. Phil and Glenda Hannaford (757) 427-0581
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #100

Winnebago Owners Club
What is the procedure to turn down the volume on the warning buzzer for "Jacks Down" ?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #101

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rob View Post
What is the procedure to turn down the volume on the warning buzzer for "Jacks Down" ?

I am not sure there is one, for obvious reasons. But I know what you mean. Yesterday I was running the engine to bring out the slides while parked next to our house. I wanted to let it run for awhile and I'm sure our neighbors could hear the alarm If you find out how you can do it let me know I'm thinking they don't want us to "forget" to turn it back up when we are done....unless of course it resets itself after you turn off the engine.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #102

Nor'easters Club
Winnebago must have an in line change...our 13 tour has no jacks down alarm until the parking brake is released...which also brings up the jacks!
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #103

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Winnebago must have an in line change...our 13 tour has no jacks down alarm until the parking brake is released...which also brings up the jacks!
That doesn't sound right. We ordered our Tour in late Sept. and got it in Dec. When was yours made? Asked DH about this, since he is usually the one behind the wheel. He said our alarm goes off when you start the engine and stops when you release the brake and retract the levelers. Not sure why yours would be different. Let me know if you find out.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #104

Nor'easters Club
Interesting...mine was made in december! Lippert jacks. I checked 3 other tours On the lot at Lazydays...all had no alarm with key on! I miss the alarm warning too!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #105

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Interesting...mine was made in december! Lippert jacks. I checked 3 other tours On the lot at Lazydays...all had no alarm with key on! I miss the alarm warning too!

OK I'm perplexed. I know it was going off yesterday while I had the engine on. I had gone out to do some cleaning and I had to open the slides so I turned on the engine. My husband said let it run for about 20 min. Well I lost track and was running the vacuum so I really wasn't being bothered by the alarm. He came knocking on the door and said, "turn it off", the alarm is probably annoying the neighbors. I had not disengaged the brake I know and the jacks were down. Don't know why the difference
Old 03-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #106

Winnebago Owners Club
Bob,

I'm assuming yours go off when you start the engine since that's why you are asking how can you turn it down
Old 03-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #107

Winnebago Owners Club
Ditto,

Do your jacks down lights come on when you turn on the key? DH asked me to ask you that. Could it be a fuse? But if 3 of you are having the same experience that would be a real coincidence.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #108

Nor'easters Club
Yup lights come on...Lazydays tech showed me a manual that only alarm is when brake released....3 other Tours made me a believer too!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #109

Winnebago Owners Club
I read my DH your reply and I do believe if it wasn't 11:00 PM he would have gone out and started the coach. It will be something he will do ASAP since he is the one who was "feeding" me the information. I, WE, will stand corrected if in fact ours behaves like the others. I will keep you posted.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #110

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello All,
When you turn on your ELECTRIC heaters, the roof top units, can you turn on only one at a time? Like, turn on #1 and not #2 or turn on #2 and not #1. My #2 will not turn on at all. The dealer told me yesterday that was normal and that Winnie told them #2 does not turn on.....Crazy right? So, I called Winnie today and Erin said they should both work (makes sense). Would all you folks that have the 2013 Tour/Ellipse please test your systems for me. There was another Tour at the same dealer with the same customer complaint. Thanks Les
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #111

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
well the wait begins. after doing our homework over the last six months, we just got back from the dealer and finally ordered a new tour 42qd. orderd the black garnet. now we have to wait for confirmation from forest city if it will be built as a 2013 or 2014. the sales of the tour has been so good that have already exceeded their 2013 model allocation.

just counting the days.........
Old 03-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #112

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
well the wait begins. after doing our homework over the last six months, we just got back from the dealer and finally ordered a new tour 42qd. orderd the black garnet. now we have to wait for confirmation from forest city if it will be built as a 2013 or 2014. the sales of the tour has been so good that have already exceeded their 2013 model allocation.

just counting the days.........

YIPPEE You are going to love the Tour QD. We also have the black garnet and I love the color. We got the vino interior with coffee maple. As a matter of fact it is the same as the one in the brochure for the Tour. I know it will be just like you want. It is a great coach and I hope you have many wonderful trips planned. Any idea when you can take delivery?