Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2014, 08:20 PM   #1121

Winnebago Owners Club
If I my slide was broke I could:
Leave it broke
Fix it
Pay to have it fixed
Maybe have it fixed at no cost

I would fix it and have and If you would like help fixing it I will talk you through it. I have any part you need in stock just let me know.

If that wasn't an option I would at least try to get it fixed at no cost

Using it broke or selling it at a loss would not be an option for me.
Jesse

Smoke that!
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2014, 05:11 AM   #1122

I think it's time for a lawyer to get involved. My 13 has been in the shop for about 4 months off and on for repairs. Slide rattle, jack problems ( twice), generator won't start when on auto(twice) bed leak. Coach won't level.
Winnie knows it has a problem with the Lippert slide system. I know that I would not invest my money again with a company or on aproduct that has so many problems. I have contacted their customer service and the seem to care on the phone but never follow up. I have asked for follow up from them with none coming.
counched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #1123

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi,

I really feel bad that you are having problems with your coach but has it ever dawned on you that there may be a problem with your dealer? I'm on my 4th Winnebago and have had problems and when the dealer couldn't fix the problems I drove to Forest City and they fixed everything and some things that were not in warranty. I also was there for out of warranty problems and they fixed them too. I had a problem with my slideout and 2 dealers couldn't get it right but Winnebago in FC did.

There were problems on my new adventurer and it was Winnebagos plus the dealers problem but it was all repaired to my satisfaction. I have has problems with the selling dealer and between Winnebago and another dealer all the problems were fixed.

In conclusion all the RV's have problems but that is to be expected as how would your house survive going down the road so don't bash Winnebago as they have a great product and will bend over backwards to help you if you let them. Call them and make a trip to Forest City to get it resolved.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #1124

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Slide issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomson View Post
I wish I could share your confidence in Lippert and Winnebago. The one year warranty on our 2103 Tour 42QD expired in May and on the way back to Texas from the GNR in Forest City last month the Lippert slide mechanism on the front passenger slide started stripping gears on the top gear rack. Now when the slide is closed at the top there is a 1.5 inch gap at the bottom.

A call to Winnebago resulted in "take it to your local Winnebago dealer and you may be surprised...Winnebago might cover the cost". This was somewhat encouraging, however, I can't take the chance that Winnebago might not cover the cost resulting in a very expensive repair.

A call to Lippert resulted in "sorry, you're past the one year warranty".
dethomson, Jesse is right on with his suggestion. I was at this years rally and on the last day when I went to bring in my front passenger slide, the slide stopped. Winnebago sent a couple of guys over and we pushed in the slide (it was almost fully extended) so we could drive over to the factory. While not happy with the failure I was happy with Winnebagos response to get someone over and keep everything positive, not complaining about the failure, but just asking what is needed to get it fixed. They had it fixed quickly and did not charge me, saying it was a "goodwill" fix. My coach is pass the one year mark.

Mark
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:40 AM   #1125

Winnebago Owners Club
Entry door 2013 tour QD

Entry door on our 2013 tour will not stay open. Slightest wind or even no wind it will close. Anyone experience this, and if so, any way to fix this other than a bungee cord from door to mirror?

Ranger rick
2013 tour QD
2010 equinox
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #1126

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
Entry door on our 2013 tour will not stay open. Slightest wind or even no wind it will close. Anyone experience this, and if so, any way to fix this other than a bungee cord from door to mirror?

Ranger rick

2013 tour QD

2010 equinox

Mine was not staying open either. I took a hammer and bent the little ears together on the door stop mechanism where the round thing goes in. It worked, made it tighter and door stays open. If I have a big gust of wind, it will close sometimes. Maybe vise grips would work too for bending the ears closer. I hope this makes sense.

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #1127

Nor'easters Club
I have responded to the generator no start auto issue earlier. The techs were checking while the coach was plugged in...when left unplugged over night and than tried...it failed... Low voltage and too small wire COMBINED ...failure. Try it that way
ditto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #1128

Nor'easters Club
I also experienced the door not staying open...the replaced the collapsable arm...it lost the washer stop at the split in the arm.
ditto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #1129

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks guys, a couple of whacks on the larger ear closed it just enough to keep door open.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #1130

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks guys, a couple of whacks on the larger ear closed it just enough to keep door open.

I looked at my door and it could use a couple of whacks too. Whacks are cheap. I like that.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #1131

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
Quote:

Ranger rick
2013 tour QD
2010 equinox
It's easier just to insert a flat tip screwdriver in the slot of the sleeve that is on the part that attaches to the coach body. Just turn it and the sleeve will expand. Problem solved. I've had to do mine a couple of times.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #1132

Winnebago Owners Club
I had a 2013 Tour GD. Nothing but issues. Never leveled automatically unless it was at the dealer. If leveled manually , it would pop and go unlevel over time. Big slide had to be replaced. Severe wind whistle by drivers side. Many trim issues inside and out. Microwave issues. Electric water heater issues. The list went on and on.
Recently traded it for 2014 QD for 2 bath room floorplan. So far this coach is much more solid and you can feel it. Levels great, slides doing fine, drives like a dream.
I would go for a 2014 for sure if I could.

OTE=SAS30;2166796]The Tour/Ellispe 42QD was to be our nexsedativest MH. But am concerned with buying a '13 model. Most posts on this thread seem to be '13 year models. any reports of these problems with the '14's? Have they been corrected by Winnebago during the later builds? If so, at what dates.
The issues that most concern me are the Slide issues, Leveling Jacks, and the sewer hoses.
Thanks, GrAndy[/QUOTE]
deschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:13 AM   #1133

our experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
Congratulations! As you can see we have the 2011 and are very pleased with it. You have the IFS and it should handle better than ours. I would like to know what your fuel mileage is with the 450 and DEF. We average about 7 mpg when towing, but I suspect you might get slightly better. Good luck!
We have also a 2011 42qd and the fuel milage is between 6.5 and 7. A full when towing with Chevy Cavalier. DEF tank is good for appr 2500 miles.
The only problems are the common problems :
Smell from Blackwater one a while
Black and greywater meter never show any accurracy.
Luckywise we still have the same mechanics on passengerside as on driverside.
No problems with the pullout at all. Keep the engine running until the voltmeter shows 13.7 to §3.8 volt.

Happy RVing
Caroline and Marc
SwissRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #1134

Winnebago Owners Club
Angry Coach leaning to left

I will try to make a long saga as short and succinct as possible, please bear with me. We have a2013 tout QD which we love with the exception of a harsh front end and a lot of noise when traveling over expansion joints or any irregularities in the road surface. Smooth roads the coach rides beautifully. Four corner weigh showed 14200 lbs front,7450 right drive axle, 8500 left drive axle, 4000 right tag and 3500 pounds left tag. Total right 18,500 and left 19,200, 700lbs heavier left rear. Adjusted front tire pressure to 105 lbs and all rears to 75 lbs. still experiencing harsh and noisy ride. Freightliner involved and they suggested moving left rear ride control valve to right front corner, asked why not just add another to right front and leave left rear alone they said they would fight one another. Freightliner also aligned front end,lowered tag pressure from 60 psi to 30 psi. Ride a little better but in my opinion still not to my liking. I recently noticed that the coach is leaning noticeably to the left when viewing from the rear. Freightliner again involved and they now suggested moving right rear air valve to left rear to compensate for the lean since left is 700 lbs heavier than right. After relocating valve and adjusting ride height to 16 inches front and 10.25 rear, adjusting as much as possible, coach still low left rear and right front. Freightliners assumption " looks like the frame was not square when the body was built on it, it now has a twist to it. We have done all that we can to level coach." Winnebago is now involved, they say I may just have to live with it, not a comment I can settle for. I have learned so much from my fellow winnebago owners, if you have any thoughts, suggestions or advice, I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your patience.

Ranger Rick
2013 Tour QD
2010 chevy equinoxQ