Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2015, 09:56 AM   #1247

Winnebago Owners Club
Have not done ours since last August but as I recall it was with the toggle on the side panel.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2015, 11:23 AM   #1248

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnteacherguy View Post
Two calls to Winnebago tech support in one day!

Left Naples for Ft. Wilderness (Disney) this morning. As usual, bedroom slide (no problem). Kitchen and sofa slide (worked perfectly today)...FWS (power gear) NOTHING! I checked breakers and went through my standard battery resets and still nothing. Called WBGO. After about 15 minutes of "let me check, look that up, etc..." The light bulb went off. Jake says, "I remember.!" If you have power to the slide locks and no power at the control panel it must be one of the switches on the slide locks. Jumped the switch near the Lounge TV...still nothing. Jumped the switch in the bedroom closet...VOILA! Movement. I will order a new switch when I get back from disney.
If you ever need to do this. 1. Remove the two wires that are not the wire that goes from one switch to the other (on mine, they were white and yellow). 2. Connect connectors together with a paper clip (or jumper wire). 3 check for power at the control panel.
THANKS JAKE :0)

Whew, made it to disney (4hours drive). Turned on generator to check A/C units because I was going to leave the dog in the coach for a bit and no A/C!
Checked this and that...etc...call to WBGO again.
Gen making 83A, good, uh oh....no power coming into coach from gen (transfer switch???).
Spoke to Troy. 2 minutes into conversation "have you had your gen services lately". Why, yes I have.

Check breaker on generator. Off, turned to on. VOILA.

I LEARNED 3 things today. Two coach related and one personal.

THANKS TO THE GUYS AT TECH SUPPORT TODAY.

Happy Travels.
I have actually done that drive from Naples to Ft Wilderness! It seems to me there was a set of jumpers for the slides in all of the stuff I got with the coach. Your story is an incentive to me to be familiar with this in the event I have a problem.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:25 AM   #1249

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy-n-Pam View Post
Looking for help with 2013 Tour, dash clock reset procedures. I know it's a simple process but I'll be danged if I can remember it..
I always have to get out the book to reset mine. Its simple but not intuitive. I still have not figured out how to set the clock on the careen that has the GPS, etc.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:17 AM   #1250

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy-n-Pam View Post
Looking for help with 2013 Tour, dash clock reset procedures. I know it's a simple process but I'll be danged if I can remember it..
Ignition ON. Parking Brake ON. Clear checklist on the screen. With NOTHING SELECTED (highlighted), hold the toggle switch to the right until you get the display that says SET DATE TIME, MAINTENANCE, and something else. select SET DATE TIME. Hold toggle to the right the follow display instructions to set and save.

I'm writing this from memory but it should be very close. The key is to not be in park and not have anything selected on the display when you move the toggle to the right and hold.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #1251

Thanks f14av8r, I think I was always trying to set it while in operation mode vs completely stopped/parked. Your instructions were spot on.

Tour vs Tomcat must be quite a change. Thanks for doing your part.....
Roy-n-Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #1252

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lippert Schwintek Bed Tilt Not Working

Wondering if any of you know how to reset the Upper & Lower Control limits on the Lippert Schwintek Bed. The bed quit working so in looking around I noticed that the wiring harness between the Lippert Schwintek Bed control and the motor was unplug. After plugging it back in, the control showed I needed to reset the upper and lower switches. I've attempted to reset the limit switches, per Lippert's instructions but the inputs do not work. Also the bed switches, normally used to incline/decline the bed do not function. These switches go to the lippert slide control module.

I've check the following:
Verified 15amp fuse is working.
Verified motor is working (put direct 12volt source to motor, & bed moves both ways)
Verified wiring harness between motor and control box has power

I called Lippert yesterday and the gal said we don't get many calls on the bed controls. The only reference material she had was what I could get on the internet showing how to push in the buttons on the control box to reset the switches.

My thinking is that the Bed Switches, Lippert slide control box and the Lippert bed control box somehow all talked to each other.

I asked the gal at Lippert about this and she again put me on hold to check with another tech support person and then the line went dead. She had my phone number but did not call be back.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

PS Will also see if Winnebago has any ideas.
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:26 AM   #1253

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1b View Post
Wondering if any of you know how to reset the Upper & Lower Control limits on the Lippert Schwintek Bed. The bed quit working so in looking around I noticed that the wiring harness between the Lippert Schwintek Bed control and the motor was unplug. After plugging it back in, the control showed I needed to reset the upper and lower switches. I've attempted to reset the limit switches, per Lippert's instructions but the inputs do not work. Also the bed switches, normally used to incline/decline the bed do not function. These switches go to the lippert slide control module.

Verified motor is working (put direct 12volt source to motor, & bed moves both ways)

I called Lippert yesterday and the gal said we don't get many calls on the bed controls. The only reference material she had was what I could get on the internet showing how to push in the buttons on the control box to reset the switches.

My thinking is that the Bed Switches, Lippert slide control box and the Lippert bed control box somehow all talked to each other.

I asked the gal at Lippert about this and she again put me on hold to check with another tech support person and then the line went dead. She had my phone number but did not call be back.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark
The bed stopped working and if I understand correctly still doesnt work unless you power the motor directly.
Many have had a problem with the stop switch. Two wires go to this switch and when the bed completes its travel the switch is activated. Some after having your problem have wired the two wires together to get by until a new switch was installed.
What doesn't make sense is it would be odd for the motor to come unplugged and the switch to go bad at the same time. Maybe when you lifted the bed it came unplugged. I thought the controller limit adjustment stopped the bed at a desired amp increase.
Attached is a picture of the switch.
Jesse
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423317651.095385.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	85428
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #1254

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

Ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

I bypassed both those crappy switches. No problems since.

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:03 PM   #1255

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Hi Mark
The bed stopped working and if I understand correctly still doesnt work unless you power the motor directly.
Many have had a problem with the stop switch. Two wires go to this switch and when the bed completes its travel the switch is activated. Some after having your problem have wired the two wires together to get by until a new switch was installed.
What doesn't make sense is it would be odd for the motor to come unplugged and the switch to go bad at the same time. Maybe when you lifted the bed it came unplugged. I thought the controller limit adjustment stopped the bed at a desired amp increase.
Attached is a picture of the switch.
Jesse
Attachment 85428
Hi Jesse, I figured you would have some ideas.

Since my post I talked to Winn Tech who sent me prints which helped a lot. The tech thought the switches needed to be engaged when resetting the control limits. After finding the switches, it appears that with the control limits stops not working, that the switches got somewhat smashed and are (assuming they were straight, from the factory) now at an angle. I also noticed that the plunger for the lower control limit switch was bend. Again not sure if by design or because it got smashed. I did notice that regardless of the bed being in the up or down position that the bottom switch was "always" pushed in, which makes absolute no sense to me.

I forgot to ask why the two side control switch do not work, but wondering if the control limits need to be set before they work.

I tried moving the bed to the point where the switch is engaged, to set the control limits but no luck. Maybe because of the bottom switch always being on.

I'm considering doing what Scott did and removed the switch from the equation and see if that works. Would need to make sure I have the bed upright before bring in the slide.

Here are pictures of the upper and lower switches.

Thanks for the response!

Mark

I don't see the options to add the pictures using the "Quick Reply" so will try to send after this.

Mark

Name:	IMG_8254.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	85618

Name:	IMG_8262.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	370.1 KB
ID:	85619
Old 02-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #1256

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2020 View Post
I bypassed both those crappy switches. No problems since.

Scott
Scott, thanks for the tip!

I agree that the switches or the application of the switches leave much to be desired!

Did you just put the two wires together that were running to the switches?

Before doing this did your control switches on the sides of the bed work?

Thanks again!

Mark
Old 02-09-2015, 08:07 AM   #1257

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Scott, thanks for the tip!

I agree that the switches or the application of the switches leave much to be desired!

Did you just put the two wires together that were running to the switches?

Before doing this did your control switches on the sides of the bed work?

Thanks again!

Mark

Yes, I just put the two wires going to the switch together, then the same on the other switch. Before the upper switch by the head board broke, my control switches worked.

I also had a pinched wire once. Winnie ran the wire to the switch above the track and when the bed moved, it pinched the wire and blew a circuit. That was a pain to fix because when it got stuck it was in the full recline position.
Sometimes when I press my control switch, the bed will not move. I have to wait for about a minute and then it will work. Not sure what that is about, but we have got used to it.

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:09 AM   #1258

Sometimes when I press my control switch, the bed will not move. I have to wait for about a minute and then it will work. Not sure what that is about, but we have got used to it.

Scott[/QUOTE]
Hi Scott
We had that issue also, and if you looked at the controller when it was not working it was flashing lights. They ended up changing the bed controller and it has worked fine since.
The controller on our Journey is under the bed on the outside behind the door on the left.

Paul
Old 02-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #1259

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My bed would not move down after the slides were out. no broken switch for telling you the slide is out, no other switches visible and no wires damaged. Push the button on control board and red light flashes and green light remains on. I removed the 12 volt wire and when I re-installed it the bed functioned normally. Must have reset it!
ken1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:39 PM   #1260

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1961 View Post
My bed would not move down after the slides were out. no broken switch for telling you the slide is out, no other switches visible and no wires damaged. Push the button on control board and red light flashes and green light remains on. I removed the 12 volt wire and when I re-installed it the bed functioned normally. Must have reset it!
Hi Ken
Mine did the same thing and that worked for a while. Now, if the bed does on move (the slide is already out), I have to push the slide button to bring the slide in a few inches and then PUT THE SLIDE ALL THE WAY OUT AGAIN, and then the bed with function normally. It's all a Big Black Mystery Box. Find the correct sequence and things will work.
Les
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote