Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2015, 09:34 AM   #1331

This is normal. If you check the manual you will find it. It even happens if you just use the cleaner function. You will also notice the tail lights on the toad also come on.
Bobschle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2015, 06:58 PM   #1332

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1961 View Post
Problem: when wipers are used, all of the outside lights come on and will not go off until I shut off the engine. Called Freightliner but still not resolved. They had me try and find headlight control module - looked in outside front bin and under dash.
"Feature" not a bug.
Operates that way in my 2011 Ellipse as well.
toddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #1333

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the reply.
ken1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:15 PM   #1334

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1961 View Post
Problem: when wipers are used, all of the outside lights come on and will not go off until I shut off the engine. Called Freightliner but still not resolved. They had me try and find headlight control module - looked in outside front bin and under dash.

My 2007 Tour is the same. When wipers are activated the ignition switch has to cycled off before lights go out. It is in owners info.
TerrySt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:31 AM   #1335

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Has anyone come up with a good and hopefully easy way to insulate the ceiling above the drivers area. So much heat and cool is lost through the ceiling in that area.
Also, my Schwinntec slide mechanism on the kitchen slide has failed AGAIN. Has anyone had it repaired at the factory and were the results good?
Thanks,
Larry
larvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:20 PM   #1336

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvance View Post
Has anyone come up with a good and hopefully easy way to insulate the ceiling above the drivers area. So much heat and cool is lost through the ceiling in that area.
Also, my Schwinntec slide mechanism on the kitchen slide has failed AGAIN. Has anyone had it repaired at the factory and were the results good?
Thanks,
Larry
Hi Larry,
Our kitchen slide mechanism has also failed three times. Last year the original system starting stripping gears and was replaced by Camping World under the Good Sam extended warranty. Then this summer the replacement starting stripping gears. I called Winnebago and explained the problem to their customer service department. They have always been great to work with and agreed to cover the cost even though our RV is out of warranty. I made an appointment with a different Camping World who was supposed to have the most factory trained technicians for the slide system. I am very disappointed with the results of this installation. The slide now makes a very loud and constant rubbing and popping sound while driving. I called Winnebago and scheduled an appointment with them the first part of December for a factory solution. I have driven my rig from Texas to Iowa twice for factory repairs and all of the work they performed has stayed fixed. I'm hoping for the same results this time. I'll let you know.
Dale
dethomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #1337

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Mine operate the same. I think the logic is some states require lights on when wipers activated. I believe this is discussed in the owners manual.

Yup - says so in the manual.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:31 PM   #1338

Larry,
I have a friend in FL that bought a sheet of automotive firewall insulation from a auto parts and had it installed between the inside cap and the roof. It required the removal of all the front cabinets to lower the cap enough to slip it in. He reports an improvement of around 9 to 12 degrees from previous measurements under simular ambient temps. He worked a deal on the install against other work waived in his coach so he could not give me a price for the labor and the dealership said they were not going to do others or I would have made the trip to FL to have mine done. It's a solution, but putting the deal together may be tough. Report back if you find a fix.
Roy
Roy-n-Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:36 PM   #1339

Dale,
I'm on my 5th set of motors and gears all installed at the factory in Forest City. I eben went thru a long period using travel bars to prevent the creep amd squeak of a loose slide. These are a modified design and seem to be working well after two days and 350 miles but time will tell.
Roy
Roy-n-Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #1340

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomson View Post
Hi Larry,
Our kitchen slide mechanism has also failed three times. Last year the original system starting stripping gears and was replaced by Camping World under the Good Sam extended warranty. Then this summer the replacement starting stripping gears. I called Winnebago and explained the problem to their customer service department. They have always been great to work with and agreed to cover the cost even though our RV is out of warranty. I made an appointment with a different Camping World who was supposed to have the most factory trained technicians for the slide system. I am very disappointed with the results of this installation. The slide now makes a very loud and constant rubbing and popping sound while driving. I called Winnebago and scheduled an appointment with them the first part of December for a factory solution. I have driven my rig from Texas to Iowa twice for factory repairs and all of the work they performed has stayed fixed. I'm hoping for the same results this time. I'll let you know.
Dale
And the moral of this story is to stay away from Camping World!
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:36 AM   #1341

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by larvance View Post
Thanks,
Larry
Hello Larry,
The kitchen slide in our 2013 has failed 3 time. The 3rd time it failed was two weeks after the repair of the 2nd failure. I called Winnie on the 3rd time and made a factory apt. They pulled the slide out of the Coach and said it was misaligned from when it was built. That was Aug of 2014. This year we went to Alaska, bad bumpy roads, I did not use the kitchen slide at all, for fear that it would fail. After 5 months on the road, I used it in my drive way and it worked......Still do not trust it.
Les
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:46 PM   #1342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy-n-Pam View Post
Dale,
I'm on my 5th set of motors and gears all installed at the factory in Forest City. I eben went thru a long period using travel bars to prevent the creep amd squeak of a loose slide. These are a modified design and seem to be working well after two days and 350 miles but time will tell.
Roy
Thanks, Roy.

I would really appreciate it if you would send me information on the travel bars that you are using. I'll try anything at this point to stop the noise!

Dale
dethomson@aol.com
dethomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:59 PM   #1343

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Dethomson
These are the bars I've been using on my 13 Tour. I crank them as tight as I can. Sometimes I adjust them a few minutes after beginning each journey.

Be careful, if you don't get the bar tight between the sink area and 1/2 bath it will fall to the basement. I found that I can reach it through an access hole. I did this twice before I realized how tight they needed to be.

I also have a permanent note attached to my slide lock switches. I would not want to engage these motors with the locks in place. That would be bad.

On sale at PPL right now. 
Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1444769974.900912.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  49.4 KB
Old 10-14-2015, 03:37 PM   #1344

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks to all for your comments. I've been considering trading this problem off but have decided to, and have made an appt. with the factory as a last resort to resolve this slide issue. I, like Les, have not used this slide much as I have a constant fear that I can't get it back in. The main reasons I bought this coach is for the floorplan, the slide arrangement to create open space and Winnebago's long reputation for quality. It's a shame that two of my reasons have been big disappointments. Thanks again for your comments.
Larry

Les, what size bed is your truck that you haul your RZR S in? I've been thinking about doing the same thing.
larvance is offline   Reply With Quote