Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #85

Winnebago Owners Club
We have noticed a blast of smoke from the generator when we first start it. It doesn't last long and the generator works fine. There is less than 6 hours on the gen. so would this just be a breaking in period?
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #86

Winnebago Owners Club
Not sure what the deal is with the smoke ? Our did it the first several times, now about 85 hrs later...no smoke.

Generator seems like it's only at fast idle with all three a/c running. Impressive.

Hope that helps.

Kerry (2012 Tour)
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #87

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rob View Post
Glenda: Yesterday I purchased a surge protector. If you read in the manual, they recommend it. We installed it yesterday and our bed is working wonderful. I use a high setting around 40 and Ginny is in the mid-30's....Don't forget to lower the pressure if you visit high mountains....
Hi Bob,We LOVE the bed too. I like it around 35/37 and Phil at about the same. I lower it to 20 or less when we bring it in to take pressure off the bladder...as they suggest. Yes, we gave our other surge protector to Mark when we got the Tour since their was one in the coach. I follow your reasoning, not sure if we will go that far. I know you are very cautious about those things. Lou has it right now installing a CB and adding some other "bells and whistles". Taking off to FL after the April campout and staying a couple of weeks and thinking of heading to Disney for a couple of days with E and A and the girls.

Look forward to seeing you and Ginny and Molly and comparing notes
Old 03-05-2013, 03:22 AM   #88

Winnebago Owners Club
We had a COBRA CB installed at the dealer. It works great....Don't use it much but I am sure we will use it more on rallies. I am sure you know but be sure and get a unit with all the controls on the mic. Have fun RVing...Bob and Ginny
Old 03-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #89

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
which CB antenna did you go with, the Firestick? and where about did they mount the antenna?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #90

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
which CB antenna did you go with, the Firestick? and where about did they mount the antenna?
We have the COBRA CB but need the antenna. We are going to get the one they recommend for our coach from mobilityrv.com. We haven't ordered it yet so not sure what they recommend. Be sure to have the serial number of your coach when you call them. If you are not familiar with them they are in Iowa and handle all Winnebago parts. We are going to do that as soon as we pick up our coach this afternoon as all the paper work was in there. The guy putting it in for us said there is wireing for the CB, but not for the antenna so we will need that also. Don't know why they didn't install one like we had on the Vectra? I guess they thought most folks don't want them. We don't use it much, but it comes in handy when you are sitting stopped and don't know why...like we did last year in Flagstaff. The truckers kept us informed...with some "salty" language.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #91

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
on my journey i had the dealer install the "Firestik" and it works great. I did not want to be the one to cut a hole in the roof so it cost me 1 1/2 hours labor rate for them to do it. Good price I thought. we contacted the factory to see if they would install one thru production on a ordered unit, and they would only do it after production for $470.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #92

Nor'easters Club
Lazydays installed my Firestick just above divers side front window...wire run thru cabinet down the A pillar .
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #93

We test drove a 2013 Tour yesterday along with testing an Entegra Anthem. There seemed to be a significant amount more wind noise on the highway with the Tour. Is that the norm? Has anybody been able to "button up" the Tour? Was it just that particular model and should I try another? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #94

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
Has anybody been able to "button up" the Tour?
Thanks
Many say that just some weather stripping attached to the frame of the door buttons it up great.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #95

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
We test drove a 2013 Tour yesterday along with testing an Entegra Anthem. There seemed to be a significant amount more wind noise on the highway with the Tour. Is that the norm? Has anybody been able to "button up" the Tour? Was it just that particular model and should I try another? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
A lot of Tour/Ellipse owners complain about the wind noise. The other day, I drove my 42QD just after it rained and the driver side was very wet. I noticed the water on the drivers window was being blown around in a circular motion. It looked like the turbulence was centered around the drivers mirror. I put black tape on the driver window weep holes and the noise went away. Not wanting to leave the tape on, I put small pieces of scotch brite pads in the plastics weep hole covers and put them back on Moho. I am still getting some wind noise, but not as much. I will keep experimenting to see if I can make make it better.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #96

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenda1908 View Post
We have noticed a blast of smoke from the generator when we first start it. It doesn't last long and the generator works fine. There is less than 6 hours on the gen. so would this just be a breaking in period?
Update:

Called our dealer and spoke to a tech about the smoke. Before we could finish the question, he said it was completely normal. That it is a result of the self prime and does not mean we have a problem. It's really kind of cool when it happens. Looks like we are ready to blast off into outer space. It lasts just seconds and the gen. runs fine so "check" that off the list.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #97

Newmar Owners Club
We are new to the forum and your post about your 2013 Tour got our attention because, after looking at many new motorhomes, it is the one we like the best. One of the features we are most attracted to is the "Rest Easy" power reclining sofa. Do you find it as comfortable to live with on the road as it seems to be when we try it out at a dealer? Also, we live in Chesapeake Virgina and are wondering where you bought it? Are you happy with the dealer? Thanks!
pshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #98

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshoe View Post
We are new to the forum and your post about your 2013 Tour got our attention because, after looking at many new motorhomes, it is the one we like the best. One of the features we are most attracted to is the "Rest Easy" power reclining sofa. Do you find it as comfortable to live with on the road as it seems to be when we try it out at a dealer? Also, we live in Chesapeake Virgina and are wondering where you bought it? Are you happy with the dealer? Thanks!
I like our couch. We have the ottomans, we recline the couch and put our feet on the ottomans while watching the TV or just chillin.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote