Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #617

Regarding the wheel issues, I was told only to wash not polish our wheels like the above poster, however as mentioned, it seems like over time they dull developed spots. Since mine is a 2011, after a couple of years I took some Mothers polish on a foam wheel attached to my drill and now they look fantastic. Better than new. I know they say if you do this you will remove the protective coating but that coating dulled over time on mine so being the anal person that I am, I elected to go with the polish. I have never looked back since. Yes, I will have to polish them once or twice a year but they look like chrome now.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #618

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Accuride told me that since these are not coated that you can wax them, which makes sense. I know it is more work, but when they are shined they do look a lot better than the coated wheels.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #619

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi smack2020
We had the same noise I believe. Mine was that the rubber molding around the slide needed lubed. It had dried out a bit and was making an awful noise while driving. Got the rubber slide seal lube at CW. Sorry I cant remember the name but you spray on and wipe it off. My coach is in Elizabethtown Pa. now and I am in Florida. When I get back to the coach this weekend I will let you know what it was. It stopped the noise completely.

Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2020 View Post
My slide makes a lot of noise when driving the RV. Almost like a loud rubbing/squeaking noise on the front top of the front passenger slide, inside the wall where the motor is. My service tech gave me a pic of the area to lube, but it's still in the Motorhome at the shop. Probably if your slide is NOT making any noise, than you don't need the lube. It is suppose to be a fix for the noisy slide issue, will see soon enough. I will post the pic when I get it.

I think Winnebago service people play dumb, at least that is what it sounds like when I have talked to them. They probably will tell you they don't know what you are talking about. I have been dealing with the noisy slide issue for 8 months. First fix was a screw they put in the wall to push against the slide motor to make the motor not move around. It did help some.

Scott
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #620

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Hi smack2020
We had the same noise I believe. Mine was that the rubber molding around the slide needed lubed. It had dried out a bit and was making an awful noise while driving. Got the rubber slide seal lube at CW. Sorry I cant remember the name but you spray on and wipe it off. My coach is in Elizabethtown Pa. now and I am in Florida. When I get back to the coach this weekend I will let you know what it was. It stopped the noise completely.

Jesse
Thanks Jesse
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #621

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Winnebago and Campworld finally admitted that there was something wrong with my generator, ONLY, after telling them I was going to bring RV to Cummins. I have been having problems with the auto gen start and regular starting for over months. They said the wire from the battery to the gen starter was to small of a gauge wires which caused low voltage to the gen. They are re-wiring with a heavier gauge wire. What size? I'm not sure yet. Hope this fixes my problem.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #622

Quote:
Winnebago and Campworld finally admitted that there was something wrong with my generator, ONLY, after telling them I was going to bring RV to Cummins. I have been having problems with the auto gen start and regular starting for over months. They said the wire from the battery to the gen starter was to small of a gauge wires which caused low voltage to the gen. They are re-wiring with a heavier gauge wire. What size? I'm not sure yet. Hope this fixes my problem.
Maybe im lazy I've read this whole thread but don't remember your gen issues would it not start?
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #623

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post

Maybe im lazy I've read this whole thread but don't remember your gen issues would it not start?
Check post dated 3/29/13, page 17.

In fact at one point I thought it was fixed by wiggling some wires, but it soon started messing up again.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #624

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Here is the slide lube procedure. Not sure if this came from Lippert or Winnebago. It seemed to help my noise. I think I still need to baby powder the rubber seals.

[/URL]
Old 08-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #625

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Here is the slide lube procedure. Not sure if this came from Lippert or Winnebago. It seemed to help my noise. I think I still need to baby powder the rubber seals.

[/URL]
Smack 2020'
Thanks for your follow up and providing that slide lube info. I also got the lube from Grainger. If it works as well as they say, I am going to use on my knees.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #626

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was lubing a squeak in the door hinges in the rear bath/shower and discovered the top hinge door stop causes a twisting of the entire door door frame n that side. I removed it and will installed a standard door stop that can screw into the door or a floor mounted door stop. Over time that twisting of the door frame would cause more damage. I also put a soft clear rubber pad about the size of a quarter on the inside entry door handle to protect the glass on the shower door. This door handle bumps the glass door with/ without the factory installed top door hinge stop.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #627

Winnebago Owners Club
In regards to lubing the slide motor, I am not sure how to access . I assume there are motors on each end of passenger front slide? I too am experiencing some slide noise which seems to be coming from behind the the component cabinet. Any help with accessing motors would be appreciated. Ranger Rick 2013 tour QD.
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #628

We had a generator issue with ours. The dash a/c was dumping condensate right on top of it and it ruined the stator on it. Cummins replaced it but said they would not if it ever happened again. I put a piece of plastic over the genny so it would run off.

Has anybody installed a CB in their coach? I have been searching for the cb ant and I cannot find it anywhere. I am assuming it came prepped with it just like my Monaco did?
loydt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #629

Quote:
Originally Posted by loydt View Post
We had a generator issue with ours. The dash a/c was dumping condensate right on top of it and it ruined the stator on it. Cummins replaced it but said they would not if it ever happened again. I put a piece of plastic over the genny so it would run off.

Has anybody installed a CB in their coach? I have been searching for the cb ant and I cannot find it anywhere. I am assuming it came prepped with it just like my Monaco did?
the CB prep consists of the power wire only
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #630

Ranger Rick,
I went to Lippert in Goshen IN for an issue with that slide. While I was there the tech showed me how to lube the motors. With the slide out, he was on a ladder, he pulled the rubber seal back and sprayed pillow block (bearing) with the above mentioned CRC Industrial Lube (which has Teflon in it) on both ends. He used a small amount and recommended doing it once a year. There are motors at each end. Don't forget your bedroom slide. It has the same mechanism. He also did the driver side full wall slide on my 42QD. He used to work for PowerGear. It is much quieter when extending and retracting than before. Lippert was very helpful.
Regards,
Greg Spannan
spanny1212 is offline   Reply With Quote