Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2013 Tour slide rattle

i have a 13 tour with a passenger slide rattle. Been back to the shop 3 times with no luck in fixing. Had Lippert involved and re shimmed the slide but that didn't help. Back in the shop now for the same problem. Now Winnebago is telling the dealer that there is no fix for this problem except to install slide locks the this slide. These are manual and have to be installed when moving and removed to extend the slide. My question has anyone else had this fix and did it work. This is the first time I have gotten Winnebago to admit that they had a problem. Seems the slide system from Swink won't hold the slide tight.
I also believe that this s also a problem on the Jouney's. They are providing the pins or lc's at no charge. (Nice of them) I hate to be the first one but someone got to be. Has anyone that has a 14 or 15 Tour had this problem?

Thanks for any input
counched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Schwintek's will never hold a slide tight in or out because their motors have no brakes on them.. never have, and still don't. These schwintek's work fine on smaller rooms where the 300:1 or 500:1 gear ratio in the motors will help to hold the slide tight all the way in or out, but when you implement this horrible slide system on a larger or heavier room they simply cannot keep the room tight. The only fix is to either not buy a unit with a schwintek in it, or change over to a PowerGear in-wall slide system which does have a brake in the end of the motors.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by counched out View Post
i have a 13 tour with a passenger slide rattle. Been back to the shop 3 times with no luck in fixing. Had Lippert involved and re shimmed the slide but that didn't help. Back in the shop now for the same problem. Now Winnebago is telling the dealer that there is no fix for this problem except to install slide locks the this slide. These are manual and have to be installed when moving and removed to extend the slide. My question has anyone else had this fix and did it work. This is the first time I have gotten Winnebago to admit that they had a problem. Seems the slide system from Swink won't hold the slide tight.
I also believe that this s also a problem on the Jouney's. They are providing the pins or lc's at no charge. (Nice of them) I hate to be the first one but someone got to be. Has anyone that has a 14 or 15 Tour had this problem?

Thanks for any input
I had slide creep on the drivers side full wall slide on my WGO Adventurer (24' slide). I have been told by WGO and the in-house WGO Lippert rep that these big slide can creep and if they do then a manual slide lock will need to be used. WGO sent me a pair and they take about a minute each to install and remove and so far the slide has been solid...will know more when we head South in 5 weeks.
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Slide rattles

Have a 2014 qd. Have had a major squeak since I got it. Has been in 3 times and has been the same annoying squeak when I pick it up.
The 4 th time they finally worked and worked and found Winnebago had assembled it without some gaskets or seals . Said Winnebago finally said they had had some similar problems .
Have not has any issues with the passenger slide.

Still have a large Popping sound on passenger side intermittently when i brake.

Same coach came with no a/c vent connected to one of the outlets by passenger.
Took several times to get this fixed as well. One wonders about their quality control.

Had 2013 GD that had major slide issues. Drivers side got stuck fully extended.
Had to replace complete slide assembly.

Good luck
deschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I just purchased slide locks for my Swintek slide in 35 G Sightseer 2015. It moves about 1/4 inch. Would have been nice to have Winnebago pay.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoo View Post
I just purchased slide locks for my Swintek slide in 35 G Sightseer 2015. It moves about 1/4 inch. Would have been nice to have Winnebago pay.
I assume you are referring to the slide right behind the drivers seat? How long is that slide? The slide on my Adventurer look much longer, 24'....so what was the problem with your slide that lead you to purchasing the slide locks?
Old 11-22-2014, 11:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

my issue is with the smaller slide on passenger side. It moves a little when going down the road and rattles. The large slide that is also floor level when out is tight. The large is liippert and the one that rattles is Swintek.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoo View Post
my issue is with the smaller slide on passenger side. It moves a little when going down the road and rattles. The large slide that is also floor level when out is tight. The large is liippert and the one that rattles is Swintek.
Lippert and Schwintek are the same slide mechanism....Lippert purchased Schwintek...
Old 02-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Slide locking bar

I, and many others, have the same problem with the 2013 Tour QD passenger front slide. I visited the factory last year and got the same story discussed above regarding the inability of the motors to fully lock the slide and that Lippert had no solution. I was given a "travel bar" that extends tight between the outside wall of the coach and the inner lip of the slide. It has stopped most of the noise from the front of the slide. I just requested another directly from Winnebago for the back end of the slide. The back is trickier to get to so I'll have to see how it works. A couple of lessons: the bar seems to work best at the bottom of the slide where the gear track is, and attach your slide key to the bar so you don't accidently try to open your slide with the bar in place.

Overall, we love our Tour, just need to get some issues like this resolved. Best of luck with yours and happy travels!
Rosstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosstok View Post
I, and many others, have the same problem with the 2013 Tour QD passenger front slide. I visited the factory last year and got the same story discussed above regarding the inability of the motors to fully lock the slide and that Lippert had no solution. I was given a "travel bar" that extends tight between the outside wall of the coach and the inner lip of the slide. It has stopped most of the noise from the front of the slide. I just requested another directly from Winnebago for the back end of the slide. The back is trickier to get to so I'll have to see how it works. A couple of lessons: the bar seems to work best at the bottom of the slide where the gear track is, and attach your slide key to the bar so you don't accidently try to open your slide with the bar in place.

Overall, we love our Tour, just need to get some issues like this resolved. Best of luck with yours and happy travels!
I do believe a big :welcome: is due here.
Please go to you Users CP (control panel) and give us all a bit more info in your signature. This really helps when you are seeking help with your rig.

Your comments about the slide are great.

Happy trails,
Rick Y

Tags
slide