Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2021, 12:22 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
2018 Forza 34T - Radio issue

Just bought a 2018 Forza 34T. When using the radio whether on FM radio, blue tooth to my phone listening to music or on a phone call there is a high pitched squeal. It can be heard through the speakers and the person on the other end of a phone call can hear it. The coach is all stock and has 9800 miles on it. I have it in for some recall issues now and the technician looking at it has no idea what to do. This makes the radio and hands free system pretty much useless. Hoping someone on here has an idea or some tips. Thank you so much!
jscribn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2021, 12:24 PM   #2

Does the sequel vary depending on acceleration? Or revving the engine?
billfelicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:42 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
No continuation or worsening with revving as it does it with the motor off. We have it at the dealer now and they are saying it needs to have a shielded negative cable. Even though they make this cable at the dealer and admitted it's an issue they have refused to cover it under warranty. It's still at the dealer so I'm skeptical this will be the fix but we'll see what my $400 get me.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:40 AM   #4
tcf

We have the same problem on our 2019 Forza 34T. The service tech determined the unit was bad and needs to be replaced. Luckily it will be covered under the Winnebago warranty.
tcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:33 PM   #5

Is your unit at the Winnebago Hdqs service facility in Iowa or a authorized service rep some where else???
landj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:28 AM   #6
tcf

It's the dealer where I purchased the RV. I'm waiting to hear when they have a replacement and will keep you posted.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:22 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcf View Post
It's the dealer where I purchased the RV. I'm waiting to hear when they have a replacement and will keep you posted.

Any updates? I know the dealers are slow.......
Old 01-25-2021, 10:27 PM   #8
tcf

I was told it would be in around Jan. 28. Will advise when it actually shows up.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:39 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcf View Post
I was told it would be in around Jan. 28. Will advise when it actually shows up.

Got word back from the dealer today. They replaced the shielded ground cable and it didn't fix the problem. They are now acknowledging the radio is the problem. Being told the coach isn't under warranty, I did some research and contacted Jensen who makes the radio, the XRV10. It's been discontinued and is no longer available. I wonder with your coach being newer if it's got a different radio or the same. If it's the same you might want to contact them or Winnebago to see what their real plan is since the radio isn't made anymore. Still debating with Winnebago on my issue but I called a stereo shop and they can replace it with something similar that will activate the side cameras for about $1000. Let me know what you find out.
Old 01-30-2021, 10:15 AM   #10
tcf

Mine has the XRV10 also. I'll call the dealer Monday to find out what's going on.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:30 AM   #11
tcf

Radio replaced

I finally got a working replacement radio after much finger pointing. The dealer was able to get the replacement approved under warranty by Winnebago even though the original unit was out of the manufacturer's warranty. A replacement unit (Sony Model XAV-AX8000) was sent to the dealer, along with a lot of other parts, and a field technician came out to do the retro-fit where we were staying. After poking around for a while, the tech determined that this would not be a plug-and-play swap and he decided that this was not the correct replacement. He took everything back to the dealership and said he would try to get the correct one.

After waiting another couple weeks with no word from the dealer I called to get an update and, of course, nothing had been done. I called Winnebago Customer Service and explained the situation and after some review of the record of correspondence between dealership personnel and Winnebago's warranty department it was determined that a technician at the factory had confirmed this was in fact a compatible replacement unit.

To make a long story short, I decided to pick up the replacement radio and miscellaneous parts from the dealer and take it all to the factory in Iowa on my trip east to have it done by Winnebago since I had no confidence the the dealership getting it right. In just a few hours the factory had everything installed and working again! Apparently it was written off as "good will" as I was not charged for the replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	324948  
Old 04-14-2021, 10:47 AM   #12

Nice upgrade! The factory Jensen is adequate but I would love to replace it with this unit.

Please update us when you're more familiar with the Sony and let us know how it's working out, especially how it works with the side / rear cameras.

Also did you get the sense that Winnie has a part # for the radio & associated bag of parts?
Old 04-15-2021, 08:14 AM   #13
tcf

The side and rear cameras work fine . . . better than the original in that they respond quicker to the turn signal switch. I don't have a Winnebago part number but there was a lot of wiring and a replacement bezel to fit the different screen size.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:26 AM   #14

Good morning all, I’m new to irv2. I’m just wondering if there has been any other information as far as a Winnie part number for the Sony radio model XAV-AX8000 and associated parts to replace the XRV 10? Please advise. thank you
rg9588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio