Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2021, 01:46 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
2020 Forza fresh water

When filling the fresh water tank, the pump stays on to fill the tank. If I turn off the pump, no water enters the tank. Pump ran continusly (which I did not like) and slowlyfilled from 15% to 45%. This took over eight hours?? does not soound right. Dealer says this is normal. This is my 4th A motorhome. Never filled the tank witha pump. ideas???
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2021, 07:51 PM   #2

1.the water pump should not run when filling your fresh water tank. I can’t believe a Rv tech would say that.
2. Is the winterizing value open, it will suck air continuously into your system and the pump will continuously run.
3. Maybe your fresh water/fill valve is broken.
4. Rarely, the connection for your fresh water is kinked and doesn’t allow water in.
Believe me I’ve seen that, usually on a brand new model. They cut the PVC too long, put on the connection and screwed it in kinking the PVC tubing going to the tank.

Let me know if this helps

I would check in that order.
The fresh water/fill valve is plastic and it can freeze if it wasn’t winterized properly.
A common mistake is not to stick you finger into the fresh water connection and release the one way valve pressure.
Some people forget and it freezes and cracks. That leaves a open air entry point that will keep the water pump running.
2cyber71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:27 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Long Island Mac, On your coach the city water flow is as follows: Water goes in the city water inlet hose connection, to the water filter, through the city water fill valve, to a tee connected to the tank on the back drivers side. The other side of the tee goes to the pump inlet. Sounds like the city water fill connector or the water filter is the problem.
If the pump is on when you open the city water fill valve and there is not any city water pressure or low pressure the pump will run because pump outlet is tied back to the tank. Turn the pump off it could over ride the city water inlet pressure.
grtharris is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water