Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2021, 01:38 PM   #1

2021 Adventurer 35F Dash A/C Pushes Heat Instead of Cold Air

I just left Forest City after having some work done on my new 2021 Adventurer 35F. One of the issues was the dash A/C pushing hot air at any RPM above 2500. It turns out when Ford switched over to the new 7.3l V-8 they also changed the design of the three port water valve. The high pressure hose and the low pressure hose are in the reverse positions as compared to the V-10 engine. This is a know problem to Winnebago. When I called the service line while at Forest City and spoke to a tech, he said "oh yea the low pressure and high pressure hoses are reversed. Tell them to switch the hoses while you are here." I spoke with the tech servicing my RV and he said he knew about the issue and that since the RV had been driven for a while he would change the valve as well because the hoses being reversed most likely has damaged the valve. He did this and we left for OKC the next day. The dash A/C pushed cold air the whole trip home, no matter the load on the engine. My suggestion is, if you own a Winnebago with the new V-8 engine and you have hot air coming out of the dash instead of cold, call Winnebago and schedule an appointment at a dealer or in Forest City to have the hoses connected correctly.
jimkitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2021, 02:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkitch View Post
I just left Forest City after having some work done on my new 2021 Adventurer 35F. One of the issues was the dash A/C pushing hot air at any RPM above 2500. It turns out when Ford switched over to the new 7.3l V-8 they also changed the design of the three port water valve. The high pressure hose and the low pressure hose are in the reverse positions as compared to the V-10 engine. This is a know problem to Winnebago. When I called the service line while at Forest City and spoke to a tech, he said "oh yea the low pressure and high pressure hoses are reversed. Tell them to switch the hoses while you are here." I spoke with the tech servicing my RV and he said he knew about the issue and that since the RV had been driven for a while he would change the valve as well because the hoses being reversed most likely has damaged the valve. He did this and we left for OKC the next day. The dash A/C pushed cold air the whole trip home, no matter the load on the engine. My suggestion is, if you own a Winnebago with the new V-8 engine and you have hot air coming out of the dash instead of cold, call Winnebago and schedule an appointment at a dealer or in Forest City to have the hoses connected correctly.
Yep, multiple threads here and on the WBGO forum about this issue. WBGO and other mfg's. were in denial to begin with. Swapping hoses worked for me. I just wish I'd known about this easy fix before taking a 5,000 mile trip out west to NV and UT! I figured I'd have to leave it at a dealer for warranty, as many others have, for weeks.
Hermes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 03:26 PM   #3

It's not just a Winabaggo issue, Thor class A owners are finding the same thing.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, air, dash, heat, vent