Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2019, 05:50 AM   #1

24D mattress

6 months onto our 2019 Navion 24D. So far, love it. My only complaint would have to be the mattress on the Murphy bed. A little to board like for my taste. Anyone have any upgrade solution or ideas since this is not a standard queen short?
mark103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2019, 05:58 AM   #2

Add a topper?

Ask a sleep shop what they have that will fit?

Get a custom mattress replacement?
Old 07-15-2019, 06:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbagoal View Post
Add a topper?

Ask a sleep shop what they have that will fit?

Get a custom mattress replacement?
since the mattress is split near the pillows, will need to be custom I think. Topper can only be 2" thick max and still allow murhpy bed to go up
Old 07-15-2019, 08:13 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
We have added a mattress topper, short queen fitted, off Amazon. The one piece cover is no problem for the Murphy bed folding.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X1QR3K..._.ftlDb1ACZQ17

$59.00.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
We have added a mattress topper, short queen fitted, off Amazon. The one piece cover is no problem for the Murphy bed folding.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X1QR3K..._.ftlDb1ACZQ17

$59.00.
Just curious - saw you had a Tiffin Breeze in your signature. How did you like it?
Old 10-24-2019, 08:59 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark103 View Post
Just curious - saw you had a Tiffin Breeze in your signature. How did you like it?
It was very nice. We had if for four years. Was pleased with Tiffin’s after-service, even after the warranty expired, but I think Winnebago has better quality right off of production line. Ultimately the MaxxForce engine made me nervous, although we had no problems with it. The newer Breeze no longer has that engine, but has a little Cummins instead.

If we were Tiffin shopping, we think we’d opt for the Red. For now, however, we think our 24D is our last and best motorhome.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:11 PM   #7

Quote:
It was very nice. We had if for four years. Was pleased with Tiffin’s after-service, even after the warranty expired, but I think Winnebago has better quality right off of production line. Ultimately the MaxxForce engine made me nervous, although we had no problems with it. The newer Breeze no longer has that engine, but has a little Cummins instead.

If we were Tiffin shopping, we think we’d opt for the Red. For now, however, we think our 24D is our last and best motorhome.

I also had a Tiffin we just traded for a 24D which we've ordered. I am curious about the split mattress - did you find that the bottom sheet and mattress cover stayed on okay when you folded/unfolded the Murphy bed? We were wondering about how to keep the bottom sheet on and if the mattress was too thin....

best,

Dave
Old 10-24-2019, 10:22 PM   #8

We have the 18V24D as well and I find the real issue is the wooden slats of the Murphy. The mattress cover helps a lot as noted. It would take more than a little work but the real fix would be a more solid flat bottom in place of the wood slats, those things will get the ribs. Wife has no issue but I am heavier than she, oh yeah, maybe I should loose weight...

The longer you sleep on it the more accustomed you get to the pain and after a three or four week outing it becomes less noticeable. There is another system to replace the wooden slats but again - lots of effort involved there.

Just for grins, the Breeze had a wonderful bed, very comfortable for 5 years. Our reason for the trade was to get small again and to be rid of the engine issues with the MaxxForce 7. The new Breeze coming out will have an inline 6 cyl Cummins in lieu of the 5 cyl Cummins which is going away.
kayak70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:37 AM   #9

Quote:

Thanks for the info Warren! I agree, the 24D is just right for the me and the wife at this point. Best part is she can drive it and feel comfortable. The 40ft DP was a different story...
Old 10-25-2019, 04:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayak70 View Post
We have the 18V24D as well and I find the real issue is the wooden slats of the Murphy. The mattress cover helps a lot as noted. It would take more than a little work but the real fix would be a more solid flat bottom in place of the wood slats, those things will get the ribs. Wife has no issue but I am heavier than she, oh yeah, maybe I should loose weight...

The longer you sleep on it the more accustomed you get to the pain and after a three or four week outing it becomes less noticeable. There is another system to replace the wooden slats but again - lots of effort involved there.

Just for grins, the Breeze had a wonderful bed, very comfortable for 5 years. Our reason for the trade was to get small again and to be rid of the engine issues with the MaxxForce 7. The new Breeze coming out will have an inline 6 cyl Cummins in lieu of the 5 cyl Cummins which is going away.
The 2" gel topper did the trick for us. Night and day difference

Tags
mattress