Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

32H Your opinions?

Am looking at a 2010 Adventurer 32H, Ford Chassis, u-shaped banquette dining area. I am interested in any experiences you may have had, + or -, with 2009 or 2010 32H, both in regard to livability, and road manners. I would also like to know the dry weight and/or curb weight, which are not in the brochure or on winn. website. (Yup, forgot to look at the sticker!) We live in our rig about 3-4 months each year. This is apt to be our last RV, and we really don't want to make mistakes here. Thanks, in advance, for your help.
SF Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

32H

Hi

we have an 09 Itasca Suncruiser 32H
here is a link to a posting from a while back
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/09-i...ons-69736.html
Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions
Crankarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We had an '08 32H (The floor plan was introduced as a Voyage that year) also on the Ford Chassis with the u-shaped dinette. We loved it. We used it for weekends, vacations and our first four months of fulltiming. The only problem we had was one fogged window, which was replaced under warranty. And, we had one minor leaky slide episode in a deluge. That's when we learned how to clean to two weep holes in the big slide. That full wall slide makes it live much bigger than 32 feet! And, we could take that 32 footer anywhere!!! We traded it last year for a Tour 40TD, as we wanted to make the leap to diesel and have a bit more room as fulltimers. Besides more space, the diesel is much quieter than sitting on top of the engine. And, while the ride with Ford was fine, it can't compare to the Tour!

If you think you might want a diesel in your future, I'd encourage you to check out the Journey 34Y. It is essentially the same floor plan as the 32H with a bit more space where we needed it in the 32H, thanks - in part - to an extra slide. The bathroom is bigger, the bedroom has a bigger closet and the bed is a standard length. It doesn't have the u-shaped dinette, but has a nifty table/buffet/hiding TV option. Had the 34Y been on the market when we were shopping for our first RV, that probably would have been our choice. And, we'd probably still have it.

I can't speak to the weights of the '10 32H. We pushed the limits on the CCC of our '08, so we were very weight-conscious.

Hope this helps. If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

Happy shopping!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hello,
We have a 09 32H, love the floorplan but wish for more power. Put the upgraded bushings, heavier swaybar and steering stabilizer on it and noticed a big difference. Looking into the banks power pac. Have had no issues with this coach other than we have the light colored dinette and would like to recover in the future. Really like the residential air and heat as there are no roof units but think that has changed in 2010 or 2011.
WhenIm64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

2010 Adventurer

I've had a 2010 Adventurer 32H since April and absolutely love the floorplan. I think the interior and exterior trim details are especially attractive. I like the basement air/heatpump but I understand the 2011 will have to go back to the roof.

According to Winnebago: "The advent of new diesel emission standards requires chassis components to be placed in the basement space previously used for our TrueAir compressor package and the future availability of that cooling unit package is in question due to new refrigerant regulations that require larger re-designed compressors"

I especially like the in-dash stereo with remote in the steering wheel. Plug in your iphone and the playlist menu pops up on screen. The satellite radio reciever is also well-integrated into the stereo and is removeble so you can also use satellite radio at home. (making it easier to justify the subscription cost.)

The satellite TV dish is routed to both TVs and both TVs have HDMI inputs so such things as a bluray or a satellite TV reciever require only a single cable for HDvideo and audio. I carry my satellite receiver from home so this simplifies hookup.

I am very satisfied with the gasoline engine's power and believe the gas vs. diesel is mostly a religious argument. My Adventurer has a Workhorse chassis and I really like the way the Allison 6 speed keeps the RPM around 2000 at nearly any speed. However, my previous motorhome chassis was Ford and when I sold it with 96000 miles it did not burn any oil and had been very low maintenance.

I've attached a shot of the interior which I believe is especially beautiful and functional.

Good luck I hope you enjoy the Adventurer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	view from Passenger seat.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	5770  
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2011 32H and a delighted with it. Love the U shape dinette as it easily accommodates 5 adults, or just the two of us. The full side slide really makes it livable. the storage both internal and under seems to be more than we need at this point. As far a power I decided to have the engine chipped at Brazel's and find the difference both in torque and shift points a big plus. We tow a 2010 Subaru Impreza and honestly feel little difference. This unit came with a front track bar but I added a Steer-Safe after the first two trips and found it really helped with both wind and the push from 18 wheelers. We also carry a Honda i2000 generator for dry camping and don't use the on-board generator much. The Honda uses 1 gallon of gas every 5-7 hours while the on-board uses about 1 gal per hour. We have used every system in this unit and are convinced we made the right decision. Oh, and we looked at Class C, A and DP's and interestingly both felt this was the best fit and value for our money.
McCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Ditto on all the comments regarding the floorplan. We went from a 40' HR Endeavor to the 32H and the only drawback going was from diesel to gas and is losing all that torque. I have the Ford chasis and it has enough power, but I would like more. An option to improve power is the Banks Powerpack at $3500. Hefty price to pay for a slight improvement. For the the 26,000 miles I have driven towing a VW Jetta (3,000#), I averaged slightly less than 8 mpg. My loaded GW (fuel, water, propane) is 19,500# with a chassis rating of 22,000#. I have had very few maintenance issues and am glad I made the change. Marvel--your u-shaped dinette in ultra-leather looks great. I also have the u-shapped dinnette, but it is in brown cloth.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:50 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSuncruiser View Post
Hello,
We have a 09 32H, love the floorplan but wish for more power. Put the upgraded bushings, heavier swaybar and steering stabilizer on it and noticed a big difference. Looking into the banks power pac. Have had no issues with this coach other than we have the light colored dinette and would like to recover in the future. Really like the residential air and heat as there are no roof units but think that has changed in 2010 or 2011.

Name:	162.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	5824

Here is ours in the Tetons. We can get it in just about anywhere.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Name:	016.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	5825
Quote:

Attachment 5824

Old 09-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all who responded to my question about 32H. It is really a great rig. However, in the meantime, we opted for Sightseer 33C. We like the floor plan better for our purposes. Happy trails...see you down the road.
SF Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Attachment 5824

That looks like it may be Gros Ventre. Spectracular views of the Tetons from many sites. In October beautiful days, cool (below freezing) nights.

If you want to really abuse your vehicle you can go over the 10% grades of Teton pass. I did it a few times until I realized the road to Jackson WY following the Snake river is the same distance and has no hills at all!
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
That looks like it may be Gros Ventre. Spectracular views of the Tetons from many sites. In October beautiful days, cool (below freezing) nights.

If you want to really abuse your vehicle you can go over the 10% grades of Teton pass. I did it a few times until I realized the road to Jackson WY following the Snake river is the same distance and has no hills at all!
Your right it is Gros Ventre, we loved it there.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Bob View Post
Thanks to all who responded to my question about 32H. It is really a great rig. However, in the meantime, we opted for Sightseer 33C. We like the floor plan better for our purposes. Happy trails...see you down the road.
The adventurer has classier amentities to each his own. Good Luck and happy trails.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote