Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2015, 09:10 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ABC Companies:

Our AC in our 02 Journey wasn't working very well. I tried several places locally and no one worked on them except one dealer who is quite a ways from us, and is pretty expensive. Finally one dealer suggested I try ABC Bus in Faribault, Mn.

I took it down there for evaluation as we were planning a trip to Duluth the next week, and did not want to leave it until we were back. Their head tech looked at it for between two and three hours and diagnosed that one compressor in the basement unit was out of freon and the dash AC was plugged. Okay, Duluth isn't usually too warm so we went on the trip, No problem.

Upon returning I called ABC and asked what the bill was so far. I was told six hundred and some dollars. I replied that could not be correct! The lady said she would check it. Turned out to be half that.

I took the coach in to them on Monday. They called Wednesday that it was done. Went to pick it up and was told that the basement air number two compressor had a hole rubbed in a tube that leaked all the freon out. Repaired. The dash AC had a plugged filter. Replaced, suctioned out, filled with gas for leak check, filled with freon.

The basement AC had to be dropped out of the unit and worked on by itself which took quite a bit of time. All in all a good job.

Cost, all told, less than a thousand dollars. I am not unhappy with that. The AC works really well now.

I usually hate to endorse a company but this case is a bit different. They work on large tour buses and are quite familiar with the basement units.

They did a good job. ABC has shops in quite a few other states.

What We Offer | ABC Companies
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I would say with the amount of work you describe the price is good. Exspecially when your happy with the outcome.

LEN
Old 08-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
And since it's so hard to find someone to work on the heat pump.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I'll ditto the ABC praise. Had them replace my in-tank fuel pump and did an outstanding job, on time, on price, with no surprises. The Winter Garden Florida shop is a huge, multi bay repair complex with outlying body and paint shops. Being the USA rep. for VanHool bus co. keeps them busy but not so much that they won't schedule your coach repair. The level of professionalism is evident with your first contact at the repair desk.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote