Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #1

Accessing engine compartment from bedroom

Redlands Truck & RV Performance Center is going to install an upgraded PacBreak on our 2002 Ultimate Advantage with 350 Cummins. The tech needed to access the engine compartment from the bedroom, and removed the access panels in the closet. He could not reach the area he needed and saids there was another access panel under the steps to the closet, but can't figure out how to get to it short of taking the bed apart. I'm hoping someone here can give us some advice to make the job easier.

Gypsy Journal Newspaper
Nick Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #2

Engine Access

I looked at my Moho, same year/model as yours, and didn't see any other access panels. Had opened up bed last year to fix Hyd. leak and dont remember any access panels there, but only have to remove about 6 screws and the bed top lifts up.
lsptpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
I believe yours is a 40a Nick? In addition to the panels under the closet, there is an access panel or two under the bed that we have used once or twice. I believe it was only 2 or 4 screws to loosen the lower end of the bed platform and it hinges up ...but you have to prop it open as there are no gas struts. I have noted the panel under the step/elevated area behind the bed, but like you did not see how to get there without ripping out the step/platform. I did find some screws under the step edges and wondered if there was a possibility but never trued it. I believe a call to Winnebago owner relations may be a good resource ... (800) 537-1885, and have your s/n handy.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The 2002 Advantage Owner's Manual says the following:
ENGINE TOP COVER

The engine top cover is located beneath the rear bed. This cover is only removed for replacement of engine parts or if a complete view of the engine is needed for inspection. To do this, remove the mattress from the bed and lift the hinged bed board upward. Support the bed board with a suitable prop rod while accessing engine.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #5

Thanks everybody, I appreciate your help

Gypsy Journal Newspaper
Nick Russell is offline   Reply With Quote