Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #1

Accessing main TV

We just purchased a 2017 Winnebago 31BE. I need to acces the back of the unit but am unable (or afraid) to pull the tv out. My hearing loss requires special ear phones that have to be plugged into the sound output but I can't access the back. Any ideas? Thanks.
Vandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2017, 04:15 PM   #2

When I had my 2010 Tour, I could reach the RCA plugs from the drivers side of the TV as they were mounted on the TV's side.. My TV was mounted between the driver and passenger seats

With my current coach I only watch Directv, I just plugged into the Sound "OUT" RCA plugs on the back of the DVR
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Vandave here is a picture looking from the outside, looking at the front edge of the TV. The TV mount is fastened to wall with screws at the top and sets in a trim clilp at the bottom. So remove the screws a the top then lift up and out at the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 31BE TV Mount.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	149641  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandave View Post
We just purchased a 2017 Winnebago 31BE. I need to acces the back of the unit but am unable (or afraid) to pull the tv out. My hearing loss requires special ear phones that have to be plugged into the sound output but I can't access the back. Any ideas? Thanks.
word of warning if your hearing aid has red/white audio plugs your 2017 tv may not have those and u need a fibre optic adapter system
https://www.amazon.com/Easyday-Digit...+rca+converter
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 08:14 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Describe or post photo of TV

There are a few access methods that are popular and the audio out lines from the TV may.. Exist elsewhere.

On my coach, with the Factory TV (CRT type) I had a problem,, If playing a DVD it came in just fine, though at reduced quality, via the modulator in the box of many buttons and Channel 3 or 4 (Depending on a button on the box).. But if I choose "Line in" (AV #) I got sound, but no picture..

Well, in doing some looking about I got my head up between the windshield and the "Backside" of the TV compartment, there was a grill there (Ventelation) and through it I coudl see the problem... So I removed the grill reached in and fixed it.

Others there is a panel UNDER the TV.

And if it's a new flat screen.. Removal is not that hard. I pulled my 2-man CRT (By myself) and installed a flat screen to repalce, made a few mods to the cabinet, more planned later but alas, other priorities just now.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:14 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Vandave, had another thought the audio out from your TV is fed to the dash radio. Is there a head phone jack on the dash radio? Select AUX audio in on the dash radio and you should get TV audio there.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote