Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2014, 06:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Question Antenna Bingo

I have an antenna that looks very much like a CB antenna on my "new" 2006 Winnebago Voyage 33-V. It is located at the front of the roof over the driver's door.

Was this factory installed (it looks it)? If so, is there a cable from the antenna down into somewhere in the cab?

Also, there are some other antennas up there that I am trying to identify. First is a short rubber-coated antenna that is dead-center in the front of roof - over the windshield. Is this the AM/FM antenna?

Finally there is a small rectangular unit about the size of a bar of soap. My guess is that this is for the Sirius Satellite service. Thoughts?

Many thanks,

Don Simmons
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

If you have an exterior entertainment center, one of the antennas might be for the radio.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You're correct on all. Under the dash near the steering column will be a plastic bag with all the wiring for a CB.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago employees are notorious for hiding the "Baggy" the CB stuff comes in so keep grubbing around until you find it.

Don G. WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Yup, the baggie will contain the coax from the antenna, and the 12V power cords, both + and -. Mine was barely long enough to get to, I had to extend both to mount the CB where I wanted. You should have antenna instructions in your owners manual. The SWR adjustment ring is at the antenna base. Mine was covered with sealant, I had to dig away the sealant and clean away sealant residue with turpentine to get the ring to move.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks!

Many thanks for everyone's info. It will take a while, but gradually it will become our coach. Shakedown cruise coming up this weekend.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I hope you have read the books that came with the coach. Much good info there.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I'm trying. It's a big packet, but I'll get through it.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:55 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieDad View Post
I'm trying. It's a big packet, but I'll get through it.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx08453 View Post
If you have an exterior entertainment center, one of the antennas might be for the radio.
Hello there, I have an unrelated question for you. I have the 04 Itasca Sunrise and removed the bedroom tv and the outlet in the built in doesn't work. I was wondering if you may have had the same issue! I drilled a hole and ran a power strip up through the bottom of the built in and plugged it in at the vanity.
Rendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
Hello there, I have an unrelated question for you. I have the 04 Itasca Sunrise and removed the bedroom tv and the outlet in the built in doesn't work. I was wondering if you may have had the same issue! I drilled a hole and ran a power strip up through the bottom of the built in and plugged it in at the vanity.
There may be many reasons for an outlet to not work including a ground fault. The circuit breaker may be popped. The factory may have forgotten to wire it. (not likely, especially if it once worked) A wire may have vibrated off during movement of the coach.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:47 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
If you go to the Winnebago site you can find the wiring diagrams for your coach.

If you populate your signature, as many of us have, your questions can be more easily answered.

Tags
antenna