Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-01-2007, 11:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Ever notice that this particular forum has by far the most posts on this entire website. Almost twice as many as the next one in line....that's gotta say something for Winnebago Coaches. I don't know if that's good or bad... ...
Ron-in-Tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:09 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Ever notice that this particular forum has by far the most posts on this entire website. Almost twice as many as the next one in line....that's gotta say something for Winnebago Coaches. I don't know if that's good or bad... ...
Old 02-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Yes Isn't it great!
Every CG or Resort we go to we like to walk around and see what MH's are there... We found out that a majority of the Motorhomes are either Winnebago or Itasca... Then Newmar, Monaco, Allegro and then Country Coach..
Don't know if it's more bang for the buck or what..

There're also those who refuse to fess up that they have problems with their MH's or don't want to say anything due to the fact they spent big $$$$ and have more issues now then they did with their Winnebago products! LOL
Maybe we're just one big happy family?
Maybe we don't mind sharing inforamtion with others? At least we know where to go and get good inforamtion when we need a little help.
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I couldn't agree more. I think this forum is awsome...should be posted on the front cover of every RV owners manual. I have no problem sharing my misfortunes with others if there is even one shred of a chance that it might help someone else avoid the problem I had. On the other hand...I have gained soooo much knowledge from other on here that has saved me who knows how much $$. Like I said...this forum is just simply awsome.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I just found this forum but I really like it. One of the reasons we wanted a Winnebago was that the company has been around a long time and has a good reputation. I'm glad this is a lively place </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Lil Darlin...welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find, as most of us have, that this forum will prove to be very useful with your new purchase...congratulations by the way on your new coach. There is so much experienced based knowledge in here and some really wonderful folks that are willing to share that information. Once again, congrats.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Not to take any wind out of your sails but the WINNEBAGO FORUM is one of the first forums on irv2 ,2000, when it started up other forums were added in later years as some have more recently. As our membership grows, 22,338 as of today, so too irv2.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

This is a great forum, for sure. From our limited travels (3 1/2 years in motorhome/s), it does appear there are a lot of Winnebago Industries rigs out there. I guess they have been doing it a long time and seem to build a variety of afforable, quality and value-added rigs. IRV2 offers so much for owners of RV's, regardless of the manufacturer.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

My two cents worth: This forum has saved me hundreds if not thousands of dollars over the years. The knowledge, advice and information exchange is priceless to me not to mention how much time it has saved me when something needs attention. Someone always seems to know the solution. Thanks to everyone over the years for all your help. I only wish all the manufactures would monitor these forums to get a better understanding of the customers needs and common problems. I know after meeting several Winny reps at the Tampa show that they do monitor this site but on a sporadic basis. It should be a daily part of their job.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #10

The Winnebago Adventurer is the #1 selling gas motorhome in the World.....sell alot of motorhomes, and you will have alot of chatters....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> As our membership grows, 22,338 as of today, so too irv2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now wouldn't that be some sort of rally if everyone came at the same time.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I to just found this forum as recent as Sept-06 and have to agree it is the best. Thanks to the moderators and all others who help make it so good.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

We agree! This forum has saved us lots of time and money. In fact, we were able to do preventative maintenance on our new Adventurer, because of reading the experiences of others. My favorite is when something goes wrong or is replaced, someone will usually post a picture of the problem or part needed.

Funny, I think this was the true intention behind the creation of the World Wide Web.

Happy Travels!!

06'Winnebago Adventurer 35A
It's A Good Life!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

That is too funny that people say this forum saved them lots of money.
Heck, this forum is going to COST me LOTS of money when I we buy our new class A.
I loved the 06 Tour 36LD I test drove and still like the Adventurer 35A which is more in our afford ability range. Still, they are proving that the $$ going out will be much more than any $$ saved. LOL
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:20 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Ron ...

I am convinced that Winnebago Industries has great "open-ness" ... posting wiring and plumbing diagrams ... and customer service folks who will answer questions ...

So when a problem occurs, we do some preliminary exploring to see whether we can fix it ourselves before we truck off to our favorite RV fixit place ...

This bulletin board (with the search function) has allowed me to fix several problems myself ...

I want to thank everyone who posts on this forum ... sometimes to answer my questions at the moment ... or to answer questions that I search for later ... thanks Guys and Gals

skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:40 AM   #16
Winnie-Wise

No question Winnebago makes a good product and that fact is supported by the longevity of the company and the commitment the folks that work there have to their product.

This past Summer, I had the opportunity to take the factory tour and meet some of the individuals who both build the rigs and coordinate the efforts to service them. Good folks all around who obviously take pride in their products.

I'm not sure if everyone realizes it, but Winnebago is THE major employer in Forest City, so employees of the company work hard to make it sucessful.

Seeing the activity on the Winnebago section of the forum further indicates iRV2 members recognize a good forum as well as a good product.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

I am kind of a newbie around here and I am also amazed at the way people are so willing to share the fixes for problems.

Here at work it seems like everyone keeps things to them selves just waiting and watching for you make some kind of mistake that either gets you in trouble or makes you look like a complete idiot.

This forum reinforces to me that there really are good people out there.
Information from here has helped me fix a few things and also learned so much.

It is really awesome. Thanks to everyone who adds to this forum. I don't know what the time commitment is for the moderators but thanks to you folks also. If Winnebago has a part in this then thanks to those folks.

I will also post when I feel that I can add with intelligence.

Enough mush.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:30 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

You just did John " Add with intelligence" thats all it takes to help with someones problem. A miner thing to you may make the difference for someone else. So just jump in here or any forum and you will be surprized with the responce from someone, there is no down grading on this forum just fellow RVers helping each other.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Lets face it....one of the most intelligent things that we can do is admit when we need help....and when comes to your RV.....this is the "Help Store"
Old 02-02-2007, 10:06 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Hey Bob or Ron-in-Tin -
I notive that you both have Brake Buddies - What's your experiences with it? Any leaks from the air tank in your toads?

2006 Itasca 33V
roaminhome is offline   Reply With Quote