Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #1

Anyone mount solar panels on 27n?

Hello

New 2016 27n. Has anyone mounted solar panels on one yet? If so, where did you drop the wires down from the roof to the batteries?
I called Winnebego, but they we no help.

Thanks

Bill
superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2015, 12:11 AM   #2

27N Solar Panel Installation

We installed three 160 Watt panels and ran the wires down though the back passenger side closet. The wires were run down through the closet and the basement compartment, then along the chassis rails to the large passenger side basement compartment. The solar controller was mounted against the wall closest to the battery.

This layout has worked well for us.

Terry
2015 Vista 27N
Currently in Alaska
twjacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:58 AM   #3

That makes sense. I had not even thought of back there!

Thanks

Bill
Old 08-17-2015, 08:47 PM   #4

Did install on three different Winnie's but not your model. Thru the roof vent if your fridge has one. Other two I did it at/near one of the waste tank vent lines, the wires just dropped down in and came out close to the batteries.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:01 AM   #5

z-man

Thanks for the idea. My refer is in the slide, so that is out. I will have to take a look at the area around the vent line.
There is a wall that runs down the hall that has all of the control panels on it. I am hoping that, with a little exploratory surgery, that I might be able to run it down this wall. This would considerably shorten my solar cable run.

So far, the easiest run looks to be in the rear closet as previously mentioned. The only downside to that is the cable run would be about 28 feet to the solar controller.

I will update when I make a decision

Thanks for the help

Bill
Old 08-18-2015, 10:43 AM   #6

On my Journey the vent line was behind the control panel wall in the hallway. I was able to remove the whole control panel and had super easy access to all the wires to pull from the roof as well as install my remote display on the control panel for the solar charger. Hope it turns out easy for you.

Tags
panel, solar