Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
We were suprized to find the door under the sink came open. Didn't notice until we heard the crunch. I was able to save the door, but sadly the 1x4 vertical on the slide was pulled loose and damaged. Does anyone know how to remove the board?? It seems to be glued,and has screws holding it. I did pull the trim and removed the five screws. That didn't seem to help loosen the board, or the frame holding the board. I'm thinking if I can get it apart I can order a new board and save some labor costs. Thanks in advance for your help.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We were suprized to find the door under the sink came open. Didn't notice until we heard the crunch. I was able to save the door, but sadly the 1x4 vertical on the slide was pulled loose and damaged. Does anyone know how to remove the board?? It seems to be glued,and has screws holding it. I did pull the trim and removed the five screws. That didn't seem to help loosen the board, or the frame holding the board. I'm thinking if I can get it apart I can order a new board and save some labor costs. Thanks in advance for your help.

Equinox Toad
Old 12-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #3

stearn ...

If I am interpreting your post correctly the wooden frame around the slide-out was damaged ...

You are not the first one to damage one ... here is a thread that discussed "mending" the wood (it is only decorative so if you can visually repair it no need to replace)

first thread

And here is a thread on how to remove ..

second thread

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #4

I can feel your pain. We (the wife!) crunched a drawer in our prior Meridian and I was really upset. However, I was able to glue it back together by sandwiching some scrap boards with clamps on each side of the crunched board. I let this set up and it worked out great. I did have to play with the board pieces for a bit to get everything aligned, but after it was fixed, you could not tell there had been a problem.

Good luck with your repair.

2020 Fleetwood Discovery 40M
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:03 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stearn:
We were suprized to find the door under the sink came open. Didn't notice until we heard the crunch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We met another 38R owner who also had this happen. Now, after we have traveled, a visual check of the doors is on the wife's check list as she sets-up the inside and prepares to extend the slides.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I did repair the cabinet drawer, and it looks good. The vertical 1x4 needs to come off, it has a crease like it's been bent. The board seems to have hidden screws that are holding it to the metal plate that also was pulled loose, from the slide.The board needs to come off to get the metal resecured (2 screws pulled out). I did get some 2" stainless screws to pull the whole thing together, I only used 2 screws and used some 5/16 plugs to hide the screws, but it still looks tacky. I am sure if I get the board off I can get it back to the way it should be.

Equinox Toad