Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #41
Winnie-Wise

Roadking; RVP told me they are going to make more basement units & the lead unit is at the UL facility for testing & approval. They estimate production by year's end. Caveat: Units MUST have 50 Amps (they also have R410 vs R22).

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #42
Winnie-Wise

Dan: Have been hassling with svc ctr (Tom Johnson, Marion, NC) for over three weeks. Parts finally on order, but next week they have a BBQ shindig so cannot sched me then. The good news is, it's cooling off, so one lung does reasonably well.

I'm upgrading the outside blower wheel to plastic and putting in two sealed bearings per Duner's FABULOUS post. Also check both systems' Freon. So I'll have two Schrader valves. Also R&R all (five?) Start Caps. I'll have to pay for the upgrades, Freon & Start Caps. For #1 compressor R&R, Good Sam CSP pays $1217 (of that I pay 500 ded).

Still waiting for appt to do it. As a side note, svc rep said fridge cannot be On, even elec mode. Never heard of that. LP mode, yes; but elec??? 'Nuther irritant

Will

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Old 09-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #43
Winnebago Owner

Roadking - I went and checked on my coach at my Winnie dealer, the new ac unit is in place and checked out.

The 4 in stock you refer to are 4 of the old "matching part number" units that they will not sell. Still don't know the part # of the new replacements yet.

One weird thing, the parts guy said he had to sign and fax back a letter to Winnie stating that "under no circumstances" would this unit be returned to Winnie. I said if it arrived DOA, it damn sure would be going back.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #44
Winnebago Master

Some comfort to know that RVP will be producing new basement heat pumps, especially for those of us who have decided to keep our rigs.

I do wonder if they will be similar size and configuration so they can be retrofitted to the older rigs if replacement is necessary.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #45
Winnebago Owner

Smlranger - just had one "dropped in" in place on my 2003 UA.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #46
Winnie-Wise

New Unit P/N 46515-811, with R-410.

Thudman

Old 09-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #47
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
Smlranger - just had one "dropped in" in place on my 2003 UA.
Outstanding. Give us a report on how well it works compared to the original unit before you had problems. What is the BTU rating of the new unit?
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #48
Winnebago Owner

I will report back, still don't have my coach back yet. And I'm having a birthday pool party tomorrow, yea I made another year, so I haven't checked back in a few days. Wife as been on a tear getting the house ready.

Don't know the BTU's either, would be great if they dropped some 15K's in there. I'll add that to my report.

They were waiting on a new inverter, and a couple hydraulic hoses. When he pulled the ac, it was covered with hyd fluid. There are 2 little hoses that feed the BR slide and one of them had a bubble in it and was leaking. According to the tech, after talking to Winne, for 2 yrs only, mine in '03 and either one up or down, they outsourced these 2 hoses. The sub co. went belly up and now HWH is trying to mate up these lines.

Always something.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #49
Winnie-Wise

Can someone please confirm the amp draw that should be displayed when running basement A/C on genset. I'm looking to know how many amps when only one compressor is in use and how many when both compressors are running simultaneously. THANKS, Ed
Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #50
Winnebago Camper

Last week I was down in Assateague MD,and it was pretty hot.So I ran my genny.As I recall,when the A/C first came on,I would see a 34 or so flash,then it would go down to about 24/22,then eventually drop to about 14/12 when the coach had cooled down.

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #51
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Can someone please confirm the amp draw that should be displayed when running basement A/C on genset. I'm looking to know how many amps when only one compressor is in use and how many when both compressors are running simultaneously. THANKS, Ed
I put the generator on and the Basement Air at high cool. It was drawing 22 amps. Then I put the new rooftop Coleman Mach 13,500 on at high cool and the One Place Panel showed a total amp use of 35. I turned the TV on and the panel read-out didn't change. Adding the microwave the amp meter read 48. Joe
Old 09-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #52
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the answers so far. What I'm trying to determine is if one or both compressors are running. I have the T-stat set for a temp greater than 15 degrees below the displayed room temp. I was told was more than enough to call for both compressors to be on together. I'm only seeing 18-19 amps running (after start surge), which has me questioning if the second compressor is coming on. Do you know of any other way to tell if there is one or two running? THANKS, Ed
Old 09-07-2010, 09:12 PM   #53
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
Quote:
Ed, not sure how you're wired but in my unit, there's a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker on the generator that goes right to the AC. When it's running I get 14-15 amps reading but I can hear when the second compressor kicks in and there's no additional reading on the amp guage. On shore power I read 26-28 with both compressors running.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #54
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossilhog View Post
Ed, not sure how you're wired but in my unit, there's a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker on the generator that goes right to the AC. When it's running I get 14-15 amps reading but I can hear when the second compressor kicks in and there's no additional reading on the amp guage. On shore power I read 26-28 with both compressors running.
When I'm plugged in to 50 amp shore power, the display won't show amps being used at all, it remains blank. When plugged in to 30 amps, I'm "assuming" it won't allow both compressors to run at the same time, but I'll try that tomorrow. I've been wrong once before.
Ed
Old 09-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #55
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
When I'm plugged in to 50 amp shore power, the display won't show amps being used at all, it remains blank. When plugged in to 30 amps, I'm "assuming" it won't allow both compressors to run at the same time, but I'll try that tomorrow. I've been wrong once before.
Ed
Ed, I have a 30amp outlet at my house that is strictly for my motorhome. When I turn on the air conditioner the display will read 14 to 16 amps for a couple of minutes until the second compressor kicks in, then it will read from 22 to 24 amps.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #56
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Ed
That sure doesn't sound right at all.....no amps shown.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #57
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
That sure doesn't sound right at all.....no amps shown.
When on shore power the amps do not show on Winnebago/Itasca products. It only has a readout on generator. Joe
Old 09-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #58
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
When on shore power the amps do not show on Winnebago/Itasca products. It only has a readout on generator. Joe
Does that only pertain to 50 amp coaches? My Adventurer is a 30 amp unit and I get readouts on my ems panel of anything on the 30 amp side of the generator when running. Only the 2nd compressor doesn't show because its on the 20 amp side.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #59
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Does that only pertain to 50 amp coaches? My Adventurer is a 30 amp unit and I get readouts on my ems panel of anything on the 30 amp side of the generator when running. Only the 2nd compressor doesn't show because its on the 20 amp side.
Yes, I think that is correct. Apparently they believe if that you are on a 50 amp 4 wire service, you have no need to know what the load is because you "can't" consume more than is available. I think it would be nice if it would read the amp draw even while on 50, but it does not.

I'm now plugged into my 30 amp 3 wire service at home and it alternately shows 1 or 2 amps with nothing "on" except the converter. When the T-stat is set for 2 degrees below the displayed room temp, the A/C comes on and the display shows 12 amps. Turning the T-stat down to 20 degrees below the room temp caused the A/C to make a slight noise (I assume 2nd compressor kicked in) and the amps went up to 17.

Unfortunately, if in fact both compressors are running, then I must have another problem because the A/C is not cooling the coach satisfactorily. Ed
Old 09-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #60
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Yes, I think that is correct. Apparently they believe if that you are on a 50 amp 4 wire service, you have no need to know what the load is because you "can't" consume more than is available. I think it would be nice if it would read the amp draw even while on 50, but it does not.

I'm now plugged into my 30 amp 3 wire service at home and it alternately shows 1 or 2 amps with nothing "on" except the converter. When the T-stat is set for 2 degrees below the displayed room temp, the A/C comes on and the display shows 12 amps. Turning the T-stat down to 20 degrees below the room temp caused the A/C to make a slight noise (I assume 2nd compressor kicked in) and the amps went up to 17.

Unfortunately, if in fact both compressors are running, then I must have another problem because the A/C is not cooling the coach satisfactorily. Ed
Ed can you turn off the circuit breaker for #2 and see a change in the reading? 17 seems awful low for 2 comps. running.