Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2022, 10:58 AM   #15
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had the very same thing happen to my Horizon only it was always plugged in and my batteries did not drain. I like ways went out in the garage at night and saw the lights leaking light on the ground. I fixed my problem just like Scott did. I installed washers behind the switches and moved them out toward the door.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2022, 11:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectra 04 View Post
The house batteries drain even after I use the shut off switch by the door, it seems to work as the lights go out . I really dont want to disconnect the batteries when I leave it for 4 days .Winnebago 04 Vectra ,any ideas ?
Turning off the house batteries and not turning off the inverter will drain your batteries if unplugged.
2cyber71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 10:16 PM   #17

Hey Don,
Did you read this part of my post:

"...Long story short, the entire outside wall of the coach, was separating from the coach, at the floor level!!!!!!! "?

Below is a pic of what I was trying to describe. The way this picture is taken is, sitting on the edge of one of my passenger side compartments and looking straight up at the compartment door hinge and mounting hardware. What you're seeing is a GAP between the wall and the floor edge, THAT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THERE! And, you also see the screws that retain the wall to the floor. You're not supposed to see those also.

It turned out that the screws that Winne and Itasca used were, in my opinion, a bit on the small side. What I had to do to correct this situation was this:

1. Remove almost all compartment doors on the passenger side.
2. Remove the steel molding behind the compartment door hinges
3. Remove all the junk screws that Winne used to fasten the wall to the floor edge.
4. Purchase and install, all new NEXT SIZE LARGER SCREWS in the existing holes. And that included adding as many new screws as I thought necessary.
5.Re-install all parts that was removed in reverse order.

Now, because the wall was sort-a bowed out a slight amount, I needed to actually clamp that wall to the compartment door framing. I used all of my welders clamps and some C-clamps too. All those brought the wall back up to the floor edge. THEN is when I installed all the new screws. By using the clamps, that saved the screws from doing all the work trying to bring the wall back in.

And as stated, once that wall was back in and no gap was seen, that meant the "washer spaced" door light switches all had to have the washers removed. Otherwise, the light switches would jam against the doors and something would bend.

But, if you're having to install washers behind those switches, I'd surely take a look at your wall-to-floor edge like my picture shows.
Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4053.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	380376  
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 07:58 AM   #18
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Scott;

I did miss that part of your post. I did not have that problem. My problem was most of the switches were not shutting off. I also was trying to figure out why some of my bulbs were burning out prematurely and the switches were source of that problem.

Have a great Thanksgiving Scott. Nice talking to you again.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 09:44 AM   #19

Roger that Sir. However, just for your own sake of satisfaction, do check the area just inside the hinges of your compartment doors to see if there is ANY possible separation of wall and floor edge. Won't hurt to check. You too have a great Thanksgiving.

Scott
Old 11-08-2022, 06:06 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
Scott;

I did miss that part of your post. I did not have that problem. My problem was most of the switches were not shutting off. I also was trying to figure out why some of my bulbs were burning out prematurely and the switches were source of that problem.

Have a great Thanksgiving Scott. Nice talking to you again.

Don
You may have missed the point. The separation of the wall and floor cause the switches to malfunction. Restoring the wall/floor joint will solve the switch problem.
Persistent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:07 PM   #21

I have one compartment light that sometimes stays on, I generally turn the compartment lights off from inside the coach unless I need them.
Thanks for the information Scott, I'll check the side walls.

dick
Old 11-09-2022, 10:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickb46 View Post
I have one compartment light that sometimes stays on, I generally turn the compartment lights off from inside the coach unless I need them.
Thanks for the information Scott, I'll check the side walls.

dick
Dick,
In our models and level of coach, there are no compartment light switches inside the coach. All the controlling of the lights is done with the compartment doors and their individual switches. If we'd have a master compartment light switch inside the coach, that would have masked the problem and it only would have gotten worse (separation of the wall and floor) because I would have simply shut that switch off after noticing the light remaining on problems and not investigated it.
Scott
Old 11-10-2022, 12:35 PM   #23

Hello Fireup

I’m curious if you contacted Winnebago, and if so what they told you…..
Manicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 12:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicman View Post
Hello Fireup

I’m curious if you contacted Winnebago, and if so what they told you…..
Manicman,
Well Sir, nope, didn't even think about contacting them. The primary reason, we're the fourth owners of this coach and, at that time, the coach was around 16 years old when that repair was done. I'm quite sure Winne would have just stated it has no warranty so, it's out of our hands.
Scott

Tags
battery