Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2021, 07:08 PM   #1

Bedroom ceiling light

I have a 2003 Journey and looking for a globe for original bedroom ceiling light or a new replacement everything I find to replace is smaller any ideas
Thanks
Mikesmowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2021, 09:15 PM   #2

Colaw RV Salvage
https://www.colawrvsalvage.com
rk911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 04:31 PM   #3

Hi
If you can't find something that will cover up the Old light fitting and find something you like the look of you can find a decorative backing disc that should do the job. Home Depot Lowes or any good hardware store should have them. At least that option expands on your search options.
Good Luck
Onebrit
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:42 AM   #4

Just another Idea I replaced our bedroom light with a Ceiling fan and made my own base cover out of a plastic disc and painted it to blend with ceiling material it worked out really well.
Onebrit
Old 09-23-2021, 08:11 PM   #5

Your ceiling fan you installed was it 12 volt and did it have lights?
Old 09-24-2021, 05:05 PM   #6

The fan is 12v with a remote ours's didn't have a light but you may find one with a light, I did a cheat and added led strip light above our closet doors drilled small hole for wire to go inside closet and tied into the limit switch that turns on the interior light. So we just crack open one closet door and lights the whole room up. The fan is a big plus very quiet nice breeze on those hot humid nights and helps with the air-conditioning as well.
Good Luck hope this helps. I think Camping World carry the fans.
Onebrit
Old 09-28-2021, 04:49 PM   #7

Smile Onebrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesmowing View Post
I have a 2003 Journey and looking for a globe for original bedroom ceiling light or a new replacement everything I find to replace is smaller any ideas
Thanks
Hi
I just looked up on line they do make a 12v Ceiling fan with a light it has its own light switch pull cord so your wall mounted switch will turn on the power to the fan and pull cords will turn lights on and adjust fan speed. You may well find one with a remote as well if you keep looking. Just remember if you install where you have cupboard doors and a slide make sure you position so neither interfere with the fan, ours was so tight I had to make sure fan is off when slide is in and turn the blades so slide doesn't hit them when fully closed it's no problem for us but just have to check these things when installing.
Good Luck
Onebrit
Old 09-28-2021, 06:26 PM   #8

Camping World sells a dual LED fixture that should work perfectly.
gregoryd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:46 PM   #9

Where did you find it? I have looked everywhere.
Old 09-29-2021, 11:05 PM   #10

https://www.campingworld.com/led-eur...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
gregoryd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:30 PM   #11

Please let us know if we were able to help you it's a nice way to thank those that take the time to set you on the right track.
Good Luck
Onebrit

Tags
ceiling, light